A Vision From the Future

The Vampire's Rose

The next day, IU woke up at 6:00 A.M. Time for school, she thought as she slowly got up from her bed. For some reason, she didn’t remember why she was at Wooyoung’s place at the first place. 

Why was I there? What happened? How did I end up in the coffin? IU wondered, brushing her teeth. After she washed her face and rinsed , she went to change. She opened her small drawer, sighing. She forgot to iron her clothes again.

Suddenly, there was a loud RING~ at the door. IU froze, biting her lower lips. Is that Thunder? Or is it someone else? IU asked herself, as she slowly approached the door. 

DING DONG~ the door rang once more. IU gulped slowly as she peeked out the window. Who is it? IU thought, catching a glimpse of a familiar figure. She smiled silently to herself as she quickly opened the door.

“Wooyoung,” IU smiled, as Wooyoung stopped whistling. He stared at IU, who was in her yesterday’s clothes.

“You’re not ready yet?” Wooyoung asked, looking at IU top from bottom. IU blushed, as she allowed Wooyoung to come in.

“I forgot to iron my school clothes. I’ll be out in a second,” IU apologized, running to get the iron board and her iron. Wooyoung followed, examining the room. So this is IU’s home, Wooyoung thought, I don’t get how it prevented Thunder to enter here.

 

Flash Back:

“Thunder?” Wooyoung called, groaning. He just woke up from using his powers too much. Thunder quickly came in and bowed before Wooyoung.

“Yes sir?” Thunder asked, still bowing.

“Where is IU?” Wooyoung asked, looking around.

“Sir, I’m sorry! I was this close to get her powers and blood. I couldn’t resist! But suddenly, her powers activated, and I chased after her. When I did, she tricked me and then she went inside her house. I tried to get in, but there seems to be a magical shield around that house,” Thunder explained, biting his lower lips after he was done. Wooyoung stared at Thunder for a second, and then slowly nodded.

“Arasso. You’re dismissed.”

“You’re not angry sir?”

“Of course not! You had no chance, anyways. You can only absorb her powers if she falls in love with you, remember?” Wooyoung reminded, smirking. Thunder stared at Wooyoung for second, and then nodded as he ran out the room.

Flash Back Ended.

 

“Wooyoung?” IU called as she appeared from the bathroom. Wooyoung looked up as he smiled.

“Ready?” Wooyoung asked, as IU nodded. They were beginning to get out of the house until Wooyoung saw a blue, glowing orb in a strong, glass case. Wooyoung slowly approached the glowing orb and awed at it.

“Wooyoung? C’mon!” IU said.

“Hey, IU, what’s this?” Wooyoung asked, staring the orb. IU puffed her cheeks as she glanced the clock. She quickly walked towards where Wooyoung was. IU stared at the orb and smiled.

“Oh, that? Nicole said that this orb helps protect the house from any magical beings to get in here unless I allow them,” IU explained, staring at Wooyoung, “It’s beautiful, right?”

“Sure is,” Wooyoung whispered, examining the orb more closely. Suddenly, he saw a strange image of himself with red eyes and sharp fangs. This is you, the orb seemed to say, as the image changed to Wooyoung drinking IU’s blood and eating her flesh, And this is what you were meant to do.

Shockingly, Wooyoung jumped as he gasped, falling on his bottom. He accidentally threw his foot up high, knocking the orb in the glass. IU gasped as she quickly grabbed the glass and the orb, hoping that there wasn’t any damage. IU sighed in relief once she finished examining the glass and the orb as she placed it back on the table.

“Wooyoung! Are you okay?” IU asked nervously, as Wooyoung blinked a couple of times. Is that telling me the future? Wooyoung questioned himself, Will that really happen? Or was it just an illusion?

“Wooyoung oppa, hello? You there? Are you okay? Speak to me!” IU said worriedly, shaking Wooyoung. Wooyoung quickly shook his head as he looked at IU’s innocent, worried face. No, it’s an illusion, Wooyoung thought firmly to himself, making his decision. He weakly smiled at IU, who smiled back.

“I-I’m fine. I just saw something in the orb,” Wooyoung mumbled, assuring that he was safe. IU sighed in relief as she glanced at the orb.

“So I’m not the only one who gets the images from the orb either, hm?” IU whispered softly to herself.

“What’d you say?” Wooyoung asked.

“Nothing,” IU replied, smiling brightly, “Nicole unnie told me that the orb not only protects this house from magical beings, but it also tells the future.” Wooyoung widened his eyes, gulping slowly. The... future? Wooyoung thought, So what I just saw will be... REAL?