Chapter 74

When a nerd transforms to a kingka

 

“So harabeoji,” You started. The three of you were gathered in the dining room, eating breakfast. “Tell me everything, harabeoji. I’m here to listen. Myungsoo is here either. We might help out.”

Harabeoji heaved a deep sigh. His somber eyes that you once seen last night were back again. His forehead creased and you can tell that he wasn’t comfortable about what you were asking for him to tell. He tried to admonish all the happenings that happened in the past. His rigid face told you that it was something that he wasn’t confident to talk about. Nevertheless, you insisted and kept being persistent despite of harabeoji’s obvious feelings. You were just really curious and you didn’t think you’d be able to sleep without knowing the truth. Harabeoji gave up as he firmly clenched his fist and started to talk about what happened in the past. You intently listened and so did Myungsoo.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

“Appa! Please allow me to go to my friend’s house! You’re being too much, appa. I feel like I’m in a prison!” Sora threw tantrums and so did Joon.

“No, Sora! We’re in a prison!” Joon menacingly glared at his father. That stung his father and he was hurt.

“You guys go inside your room! NOW!” Their dad hollered as he slammed his hands to the table which made the two teenagers flinch. The once calm father had turned into a beast which the two scared the most. It’s because the two already abused their father’s meekness and he had enough of it. The only reason why the father was being over protective was that he’s afraid his children might leave him. He’s afraid they might die in some sort of happenings just like what happened to his wife.

The once happy family every people envied about had changed into a sad one. In an accident wherein his wife had to die which lead the family members to become a cold hearted person. The father and his children rarely smiled and the feelings between them grew aloof and blunt. Hence made the father over protective. He wouldn’t take it if one of his family members dared to leave him. He’d rather die instead of that.

One Saturday morning, the father went to check up on his kids inside their room. He had a surprise for them. They will go to an amusement park. A payment for what the father did last night. He wanted to say sorry and fix the coldness between them. He wanted to bring the old them back. He wanted to start a new life without the mother of his children.

But a shocking thing happened which made him slump onto the floor. He furiously checked his children all around the house but to his avail, they were gone. They left him. The moment that the father scared the most just happened. His children left him. Because of what? His over protectiveness. Or wasn’t it?

All he ever wanted was his children to be safe from any harm that’s why he’s being protective. But he never knew it would actually turn out like this.

The father turned pale as his heart broke into small fragments. It hurt him a lot. He wondered where they might have been. He had been searching for them, wishing for them to come back for about almost thirty five years but his children never showed up. Sometimes, he thought if they even remember him. Because not even once did his children left his mind.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"Oh my gosh." You placed your hand over your mouth. You were still in a state of shock. Myungsoo patted your back. 

*No. My mom and uncle won't leave harabeoji without a valid reason. Maybe there's a reason and I'm willing to find out whatever it is.* You thought. You wouldn't let harabeoji suffer like this. He has been experiencing pain for so many years. It's time to get his pain healed. The wound that left him a scar because of your mom and uncle. Or maybe not?

"Harabeoji. Pack your clothes. You're coming home with us."