Chapter 54

When a nerd transforms to a kingka

 

It was a Saturday morning. You woke up from the sound of your alarm clock. *Geez. Who the heck that alarm clock? It’s a freaking weekend.* You opened your eyes and quickly turned the alarm off. You turned around to see Myungsoo was not there. *Where did he go?*

With that, you went to the bathroom to wash yourself. After that, you strode down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Suddenly, you heard a bang coming from outside. You went to the living room to open the door only to be surprised by your family, Infinite, and even Teen Top.

You chuckled when you saw Infinite. *It’s so awesome knowing that I’m friends with my favorite idol group.*

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIYEON!!!” Everyone cheered.

*Wow. I completely forgot that it’s my birthday.* 

“Thank you, everyone.”

You greeted them one by one. *This is my first time to celebrate my birthday with lots of people. I only celebrated my birthday with my family before. Err… Including Byunghun oppa back then.*

“Thank you, everyone, once again. I’m so touched.” You said as a tear slid down your face.

“Why are you crying?! Nooo! What did we do wrong?” Ricky started to panic.

“It’s not like that, Ricky. You pabo. I’m just really happy.” You smiled as everyone sighed in relief.

~~~

You were spaced out wondering why Myungsoo isn’t around.

“Boo!” Someone shouted from your back.

“Omona. You scared me, Hoya.”

“What are you thinking?” Hoya asked as he sat down beside you.

“Oh…” *I’m thinking about Myungsoo.* You started to space out again.

“There you go again. You don’t look happy at all. Smile!” Hoya grabbed his camera as he clicked its shutter button.

“Yah! Delete that. I wasn’t ready.”

“I don’t want to. You look cute here.”

“Tss. Anyways, did you see Myungsoo oppa?”

“Nope. Hey, I heard that you two are living together here. I guess that’s why he isn’t coming home these days…”

“Look, I’m sorry for everything I’ve done. I was so selfish. I hate myself for that. I really regret it. I hope you forgive me. It’s just that… I like you… and seeing Myungsoo being with you hurts me. Ever since we were young, he always have everything that I can’t have…” He added.

You stared at him, feeling a little bit guilty. *Sorry, Hoya oppa. My heart only belongs to Myungsoo.*

You placed your hands on his cheeks and stared directly at into eyes. Hoya was surprised by your sudden action. An electricity rushed down to his spine. "I'm so sorry, Hoya oppa. I hope you understand that I really love Myungsoo..." His heart suddenly ached.

"I like you too, Hoya oppa, but not as much as I like Myungsoo." With that, you pinched his cheeks. "You're so cute." you mumbled as his eyes widened. He was surprised that you told him he is cute. You smiled at him and said, "We can still remain friends, though."

"Really?" Hoya was shocked. After all the things he'd done, he couldn't believe that you want to remain friends with him.

"Yup. Friends?"

"Of course!" Hoya beamed as he hugged you tightly. *Let me savor this moment for a while.* After a while, he pulled back. "Happy birthday, Jiyeon. Here's my gift for you. Open it." he smiled. "Thanks, Hoya oppa." you opened the gift to see a couple infinity necklace.

"You can give the other one to Myungsoo." he said. 

"Are you sure? I thought you hate him..."

"Yes, I do, but he's still my cousin. I feel so much guilt for all the things I've done to him."

"Oppa..." A smile crept up on your face, *Hoya oppa isn't bad after all.*

"Happy birthday, Jiyeon." With that, he left after he planted a kiss on your cheek. You chuckled at how silly he was.

Your smile suddenly vanished from your face.

*Today is my birthday, but seeing Myungsoo not around isn’t fun at all. Ever since I woke up this morning, there’s no trace of him everywhere. He didn’t even tell me where he’ll go. I tried calling him so many times, yet he didn’t bother answering. Seriously? What’s wrong with that guy? How can he forget my birthday?*  You thought as you pouted.