Chapter 56

When a nerd transforms to a kingka

 

You kept on texting and calling Myungsoo, but he still didn’t reply nor answer you.

You threw your phone onto the bed due to your irritation.

*I hate you, Oppa.* You pouted.

You went downstairs without your phone. You saw L.Joe staring at you from afar. You went towards him and asked, “Why are you staring at me?”

“You look sad.”

“Oh… don’t mind me.”

“Happy birthday, Jiyeon ah.”

“Thanks, Byunghun oppa.”

“I've finally found you after such a long time of searching for you.”

“Yo-you we-were searching for me?”

“Yeah. I know I sound stupid for doing that. I can’t believe you are a cousin of Ricky's.”

“O-oppa…” You started to cry.

“Hey don’t cry.”

“How can I not cry? I have no idea that you were looking for me.”

“Shhh. It’s not your fault so stop crying.”

“I feel bad for oppa…”

“Don’t be.” L.Joe patted your back.

*I was so hurt when I left you. I tried to forget about you. Now that I’m starting to forget about you and finally move on… you suddenly showed up. Eottokhe?* you thought.

“Oppa, I’m sorry. I know we love each other back then, but I’m already engaged.”

“Yeah. But it’s alright. At least I can finally move on. Searching for you is worth it, though.”

“Why do you say so?”

“Because I finally get to see the girl that I’m longing for so long.”

“Oppa…”

“It’s alright. Seeing you happy makes me feel better. Seeing you happy with Myungsoo makes me happy too.” L.Joe smiled. *It really hurts hiding the pain with a smile and pretending to be happy even though I'm already dying inside, but I have to do this. Jiyeon is happy now. I can't ruin her happiness just because of my feelings. I really love her. I can give up everything for her.*

“Thanks, Byunghun oppa.”

“Speaking of Myungsoo… where is he? It’s your birthday. How come he isn’t here?”

“Tss. Forget about him. He doesn’t answer my phone calls and messages.”

*What if something happened to Myungsoo oppa?* You started to grow worried.