Chapter 59

When a nerd transforms to a kingka

 

Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, and months had passed, it’s finally the graduation day. The event that the students have all been waiting for. Well, Myungsoo is an exception, though. He loves studying, doing homework, and everything that has to do with school.

Mrs. Kim, the principal, started her long speech. You sighed at how boring it was. You’re not really the type who listens to speeches because it makes you sleepy. You were about to doze off when you heard someone whispering from your back.

“Jiyeon… psst. Jiyeon…”

You looked at your back to see Myungsoo with his signature smile.

“Aja! Aja! Fighting!” He exclaimed as he raised his fists.

You chuckled at his silliness.

“Hwaiting!” You said cheerfully as you raised your fist.

You didn’t feel sleepy anymore. *Thanks to Myungsoo oppa.* You thought as you grinned from ear to ear, remembering how cute he was.

The graduation ceremony went smoothly. The adviser of your class started giving your classmates their diplomas. Some even cried due to their happiness. Soon, it was finally your turn.

*This is it.*

You went to the stage and accepted your diploma. You shook hands with the teachers and the principal.

“Congratulations, my daughter-in-law.” Mrs. Kim whispered to you.

“Thank you, omonim.” You replied.

Right after you came down from the stage, your family attacked you with a hug.

“Omo. My daughter is finally going to college now.” Your dad beamed.

“Yeah. Your dream has finally come true.” You sarcastically told your dad.

“Aigoo.” Daehyun ruffled your hair.

“Aish! Why do you like messing up with my hair?”

“Hehe. Congrats, sis.”

You smiled at your brother.

You saw your mom with a smile full of happiness.

“Awww. Umma.” You hugged her tightly as she hugged you back.

~~~

You heard the principal announcing who the valedictorian is.

“Kim Myungsoo.”

“Woooooh!” Everyone cheered.

Myungsoo got up from his seat and went to the stage after he tripped on the stairs. Everyone’s laugh echoed the hall.

*Aish!* Myungsoo mentally slapped himself.

Mrs. Kim gave Myungsoo a hug.

“Congratulations, my dear son.” She whispered.

Myungsoo started his speech. This time, you listened carefully, even though you hate listening to speeches.

“Thank you, everyone, especially to my fiancée.” You saw Myungsoo looking your way, so you waved your hand and gave him a smile.

“Jiyeon ah~ I love you!” He ended his speech, which made everyone awe.

You were touched by what he said. “I love you too!” you shouted, which made everyone cheer even more.

Someone nudged your shoulder. You looked to your side to see Hoya smiling at you.

“Ayieeee.” He teased.

“Aigoo. Congrats, Hoya oppa.”

“Congratulations to you, too.” He pinched your nose. Myungsoo saw the scene as he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Yah! Lee Howon!” Myungsoo called.

Everyone’s attention is now with him and Hoya.

“Don’t touch my girl.” He said from the stage which gained a lot of gasps and murmurs.

*Jelly Myungsoo. Tss. He doesn’t have to say it in front of everybody.* You face-palmed yourself in embarrassment.

Myungsoo came down from the stage and went towards your way.

“You don’t have to be jealous. I’ve already given up on her.” Hoya said as he patted Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Thanks, Hoya.” Myungsoo said.

“So… does this mean… you two aren’t mad at each other anymore?” You asked.

“I guess so.” Hoya said as he walked away after giving Myungsoo a brotherly hug.

You smiled at them. *They’re finally okay.*

*FINALLY! IT’S SUMMER VACATION!* You screamed inside your head.