Chapter 65

When a nerd transforms to a kingka

 

It was already late at night. You couldn’t sleep so you went to the kitchen and grabbed some milk to drink.

On the other hand, Myungsoo stirred in his sleep.

“No… no… don’t leave me…” He mumbled while breathing heavily. “Kajima…” He opened an eye and noticed that you weren’t beside him. Electricity rushed down his spine. The thought of you being away from him made him flabergasted to death. Just the thought of you being in danger made him realize that he couldn’t live without you. He hastily got up from the bed, threw the blanket off him, and ran like he was being chased. He looked around as his eyes landed on you. He sighed in relief. “There you are,” He mumbled, placing a hand over his thumping chest. You were drinking a glass of milk on the counter while waggling your legs. You noticed Myungsoo staring at you as if he had won a lottery. “Oh, you’re up?” You asked, patting the space near you signaling him to sit.

He sat beside you as he let out a sigh. “You made me worried.” He said in a low tone, but it was still audible to hear.

“Why? What did I do?”

“Err…” He rubbed the back of his neck. “I thought you were gone.”

You laughed at him but it soon became awkward. “Why would you think something like that?” You gazed at his eyes.

“Nothing. I was having a nightmare a while ago.” He gazed back at you. His eyes were full of nervousness, tenderness, care, and love. He blinked as he took the glass from your hands and put it on the counter. He took your hands and held it securely.

“Promise me that you will never leave me.” He said. It’s the first time you’ve seen Myungsoo like this. His eyes were like begging.

“Oppa…” You looked at him straight in the eyes. “I’ll never leave you. You know how much I love you.” You whispered.

Myungsoo smiled. His nervous eyes changed into eyes full of hope and trust.

“But,” You added. Myungsoo looked at you in confusion as his shoulders deflated. *There’s a condition?* He sheepishly thought. “Promise me the same thing too.” You continued. Myungsoo’s spirit lighten up.

“Of course.” He said, pulling you closer for a hug. He hugged you tightly as you hugged him back. The both of you savored the moment. You rested your head on his shoulder. *This feels so great. I wish time would stop right at this moment. I feel secured and loved. I’m so lucky to have someone like Myungsoo. Guys like him are so rare in this world.* You tightened the hug and just as you wished, it felt like the time had stopped.

Myungsoo smiled in happiness. *My girl… my baby… my princess… my one and only angel…* He closed his eyes.

For what seemed like forever, the both of you pulled back and stared at each other’s eyes. Both hearts were beating fast and butterflies filled the stomachs. Slowly, Myungsoo leaned closer as he cupped your face. You closed your eyes, thinking that he would kiss you on the lips, but he kissed you on the forehead instead. 

 

You grinned as you let out a chuckle. “Oppa, this is so cheesy. I can see rats making their way towards us.” You broke the moment as Myungsoo chuckled too.

You took a look at the wall clock and it was already past midnight. “Oppa, I don’t think I can sleep right now. I’m not sleepy and I feel energetic.” You pouted.

“Aigoo. You’re so cute.” Myungsoo pinched your cheeks lightly.

“What about let’s go for a walk?” He suggested. The both of you made your way towards the door, put your slippers on, and went out. Since it’s summer in the Philippines, it’s not that cold outside so the both of you were on your PJ’s on. It’s already past midnight so there are no people around but just the two of you. You strolled around while holding hands. You enjoyed the fresh air, the quietness, especially being with Myungsoo.

After minutes of walking, you skidded to a stop. The view was breathtaking. You can see the perfect view of the beach as the moonlight shined through the sea. You stretched your arms out wide and savored the fresh air. Myungsoo hugged you from the back. The scene was like Jack and Rose from the Titanic except that the two of you weren’t in a ship. You closed your eyes to feel the air. Soon, you felt yourself feeling drowsy. Myungsoo noticed that you were becoming sleepy. “Let’s go back now.” He said.

You nodded as the both of you started to walk back to the hotel. You clung onto Myungsoo’s arm as you rested your head on it. Myungsoo smiled as he stopped from walking and bent down. You looked at him in confusion. “What are you doing?” You asked.

“Hop on. I’ll carry you.”

Without any hesitation, you hopped on his back. You wrapped your arms around his neck while resting your chin over his shoulder. You smelled his scent. *Myungsoo… My Myungsoo…*

Soon, you drifted off to sleep.