Chapter 1

When a nerd transforms to a kingka

 

You woke up from a heavy sleep. You felt the sunlight from the window beside you. It was a nice morning. Everything was so peaceful until you heard some noises from the house next door.

“Kyaaaaaa!” You stretched out your arms widely. Smiling and feeling contented, you went down to the kitchen only to smell a burning rice.

“Oh my. Mom! The rice is burning!” You panicked as you quickly turned the rice cooker off.

*Aish! Mom left it again.*

You ate your breakfast, got yourself ready for school, and headed towards the door. You were about to left when your mom stopped you.

“Jiyeon ah, here’s your lunchbox. I’m sorry for the burned rice. I got carried away by our new neighbor.  She’s so nice and kind.  She has a son that looks around your age. You should go meet them later and be friends with them.” Your mom confessed as she pecked a kiss on your cheek.

“Thanks mom! Bye! I love you!” you said and left.

You rode your bike. You were smiling and humming the song of Infinite’s nothing’s over until you saw a new guy around your neighborhood. From afar, you could see that he’s a nerd. He’s wearing a knit cricket and a big nerd glasses.

*Oh. I guess he’s the new guy that mom was talking about.*

You went towards him and greeted him,

“Annyeong! So you’re new here right? I heard from my mom that we have a new neighbor! Your mansion is pretty nice. I love it! By the way, I’m Jiyeon. Nice to meet you! What’s your name?” you friendly asked. He looked at you in disbelief. He never thought that someone like you will greet him because nobody ever talked to him like that. No one likes to be friends with him because of his looks. He was amazed how you’re the only one person who talked to him like that. It made his heart flutter and somehow, moved.

“I… I… ha…have… to g-go…” Myungsoo said while stuttering. He was about to go when you grabbed his wrist and turned him infront of you.

“Oh c’mon mister! Don’t be shy! We should be friends now. Look, my mom likes your mom a lot! My mom said your mom is so nice and kind.” You said as you let out a cute giggle. Myungsoo looked at you in disbelief again.

*Woah. She’s so cute and beautiful.* Myungsoo thought.

“I-I’m Myungsoo. Ki-kim Myungsoo. Ni-nice t-to me-meet yo-you.” Myungsoo introduced himself as he stuttered again.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOOK AT YOU CUTIE BOY! YOU’RE SO CUTE WHILE STUTTERING!” you burst out a laughter. Myungsoo looked at you like this O_O. He was so shocked that you called him ‘cutie boy’.

“Oh well. See you again later! I’m going to school now. Bye bye! Kyaaaa!” You gave Myungsoo a friendly hug and stormed off. He was so amazed at how friendly you are and how you gave a stranger a hug. His heart suddenly went ba-bamp.