A Major Turn Of Events

The Brain vs The Heart

For a few days now, I’ve been trying to call Leeteuk and ask him about it but no luck is on my side. It’s either he wouldn’t answer or Hyori unnie would, “Mineul-ah, I’m sorry but he’s busy right now. You can try to call him again later.”

For a few days now, my mind has been filled with nothing but questions that no one seemed to wanna answer. Ah, I feel like my brain is making me a paranoid.

For a few days now, Donghae oppa had told me the same words, “Mineul-ah, mianhae, but I really can’t tell you.”

For a few days now, I’ve been texting Leeteuk the several messages:

 

“Park Leeteuk, if you won’t talk to me, you’re dead meat.”

“Yah, what’s up? No talk no text. I’m still your best friend, right?”

“Leeteuk-ssi, do you not have any plans to talk to me about what happened? Donghae oppa won’t tell me about it.”

“Where do you live now, Teuk-ah? Can I visit you some time?”

 

For a few days now, Leeteuk has been replying with exactly the same words: “Let’s have a catch up talk soon. Take care, Mineul!”

I sincerely try to get this matter out of my mind but I think it’s impossible. There’s only one person to run to. Tiffany. She’s always all ears, a true friend.

“Min, what’s the problem?” she asked me. I invited her to lunch out so that we can talk about my dilemma.

“I.. I.. I actually don’t know what the problem really is but Leeteuk’s been avoiding my calls & Donghae oppa wouldn’t answer a question. All that Donghae oppa told me about is that Leeteuk’s moved out because of a fight. It’s driving me mad, Tiffany.”

“Why are you involving yourself, Min?”

“I don’t know. I just have this gut feeling that--”

“Min! Min? Calm down, don’t trouble yourself too much.”

“I’m trying but--”

“Min? Clear your head for a moment. Don’t worry, I’ll try to contact Leeteuk, too and I’ll call you immediately if I get any detail straight. But for now, chill. Relax.” She offered me a spoonful of ice cream from her cup and I ate it. She smiled at me and she started humming a playful, carefree tune that somehow made me more relaxed.

Okay, I admit it. I’m a little guilty of unnecessarily involving myself with other people’s matters but I really feel that this was different. It’s something I cannot explain, not even to myself. There’s just this little voice inside me telling me that I need to know something.

I was halfway through my dessert when my phone went off. Donghae oppa’s ringtone again. I remember vividly the last time I heard this. Ugh. I admit that I’ve been distancing myself from oppa lately but I honestly can’t get mad at him only because I love him. Maybe I was just carried away by confusion last time. However, I still excused myself from Tiffany. “Ye, oppa?”

“Dinner tonight?”

“What?!”

“Dinner! Tonight!”

“Huh?!” This guy’s making me confused. There was no hint of stress in his voice—like nothing had happened.

“I’ll meet you at Red Lantern later tonight at 7pm, okay? See you there!” He ended the call.

WHAT THE--?! He did not even allow me to speak. He should be thankful I love him. HA! I love this guy and even though I did not really agree in to meeting him, I wouldn’t wanna make him wait for nothing.

“Who was that?” Tiffany asked.

“Donghae oppa,” I said as I blushed.

“And why would a ‘Donghae oppa’ call a certain ‘Choi Mineul’?”

“He invited me for dinner tonight,” I said trying to hold back a smile from forming in my face.

Tiffany’s eyes widened and she was stomping her feet in excitement, “Gyahh~ For real?!”

I could only nod.

“Min! EOMO! I’m so happy for you. Finally!” she winked at me.

“I don’t think it’s like that, though. I think he called me to talk about the issue about Leeteuk.”

“I don’t care, Min! A dinner is a dinner! And a date is a date!”

“This is sooo not a date, Tiffany! Stop it.” I lied to her. I lied to myself.

“Whatever you say,” she pretended to agree but a mischievous smile was still painted all over her face.

She offered to drive me to my dorm and as soon as I arrived, I prepared my outfit. I looked at the clock and it was just 3:30 in the afternoon. Whew~ I still got time to spare and so I lied in my bed to clear my head and think about nothing except Donghae oppa who I will be seeing a little later. Donghae oppa who invited me to dinner. Donghae oppa..

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

                Forty-five minutes.

                One hour.

                One hour and fifteen minutes.

                Anxiety started to take its toll on me.

 

COMMENTS ARE MUCH LOVED! :))

There, I've re-uploaded the four (4) 'accidentally deleted' chapters for you guys!! And there's an additional chapter. :)) I hope you will all like it! :*