A New Day?

The Brain vs The Heart


-----MINEUL’S POV-----

So, everything was real. I was kinda hoping that everything was just a dream but my reflection in the mirror just confirmed that everything was real—puffy eyes & pale face. I tried practically everything that can distract me. The last thing I want to happen is to cry here all alone. I fixed my bed, changed the sheets, took a bath, put on make-up, look out the window, bathe again. I checked the time and it’s just 9:00AM. I heard my stomach grumble so I headed out my room but I stopped in my steps when I noticed a note on the floor. I read it:

 

Min, I hope you’re feeling better now. I’m sorry that I can’t stay with you ‘til morning, Eomma and Appa will be looking for me. I already asked someone to look after you—someone better. Your breakfast’s ready, too. You can always call me. SARANGHAE, CHINGOO! –tiffany

 

God bless, Tiffany. Was I just dreaming or was she really with me the whole night last night? I scratched the back of my head and headed to the kitchen. Tiffany has already cooked morning porridge for me.

I ate a spoonful and suddenly lost my appetite when scenes from last night entered my mind. I put down my spoon and reached for my cellphone. I texted Tiffany:

 

To: Tiffany

Your porridge tastes great. Komawo, my friend.

 

She did not reply, so I forced myself to continue eating. Getting sick would definitely not help.

Kring kring.

My phone rang.

Kring kring.

It was Tiffany.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Min, you don’t sound so good.”

“Why, thank you!” I sarcastically said.

“Mianhae, has anyone arrived there yet?”

“No. No one.”

Just then..

Knock knock.

“Tiffany, I think someone’s here already. Don’t hang up, I’ll just get the door.”

“Sorry for doing this,” Tiffany hung up.

Aish! Knock knock. I hurriedly ran to get the door.

I opened it just to see a panting Leeteuk.

“Teuk-ah?” I did not expect to see him. But I was happy to.

“Minnie, are you okay?” he barged in and touched my forehead.

“I’m okay,” I said.

“ Are you sure? You don’t look like you are..” he confessed as he sat on the couch.

“Did Tiffany tell you to come here?”

“Yeah. She said you’ll need me.”

His words washed all my progress away. He’s right. Tiffany’s right. I need someone now. I began crying while I was still standing.

“Yah, why are you suddenly crying?!” he panicked.

I fell down on the floor, still crying. I hugged my knees and dug my wet face in it. I felt Leeteuk’s hands help me up but my body won’t cooperate. It’s as if I was limp, unable to control my body, unable to make a muscle move. All that’s functioning are my tear ducts and my heart. Tears didn’t stop falling and my heart won’t stop hurting. All of Leeteuk’s efforts to help me up were useless, I was still lying on the floor—still crying, He sat next to me and hugged me instead, “Minnie, what happened?” I heard him murmur. My wet face was buried in his shoulders. I was almost shivering because of the pain here in my chest. It’s killing me, it’s eating me up.

“I..I alr-already kn-know..” I tried to say between my sobs.

Leeteuk hugged me tighter and my hair, “Don’t cry. What do you mean?” he whispered.

“It’s..my fault,” I cried harder.

“Sshhh.. just cry it all out..”

“Teuk-ah?”

“Ssshh..”

“M-Mianhae.. I did not li-listen,” I apologized.

“Don’t blame yourself,” he tried to help me up again. When we reached my room, he laid me down my bed and whispered, “You need rest.”

Tears were still falling, wetting my pillow, “I can’t.”

“Waeyo?”

“Nightmares.”

“I know you found out about my fight with Donghae..” he said.

I nodded and continued his sentence, “b-but you did not know that h-he was using me, d-don’t you?”

“MWOH?!” his eyes widened.

I wiped a teardrop and forced out a smile. I said, “Yes, he was just using me. Tiffany overheard him talking to a certain noona.” I was still crying of course, but I was calmer now. Able to speak clearer now, but somehow, it’s like a hole was punched through my chest and I felt empty.

“Probably Hyori noona,” he uttered under his breath, “he’s trying to get back at me.”

I saw his hands close into fists as he said, “I’m going to beat the--”

I reached for his hand and said, “Don’t.”

“MWOH?! Look, Mineul-ah,” he pointed, “I know that you like him but--”

“Wait,” I cut him off midsentence, “you knew?!” I sat up.

He nodded and said, “I’m your bestfriend, aren’t I? I know you well.”

I blushed in embarrassment.

He sighed and continued, “As I was saying.. I know you like him but he deserves a good punch for what he did!” He was raging.
“Please. Don’t,” my voice cracked.

“Aish!” he yelled, “Arasseo, arasseo!”

“Have you eaten breakfast already?” I asked him.

He scoffed and lightly hit my head, “Aigoo~ This is not the time to worry about others.”

“I was trying to change the topic,” I pouted, “I want to forget it all.”

“Mianhae. But what are you planning to do now?”

I shrugged and said, “I don’t know.. Forgive him? But not now.. I.. I can’t bear to see him, to talk to him yet.”

Leeteuk held my hand and in the silence we understood each other. I did not say anything else and so did he but all I know is that I can get better with him around. My weary body drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

              I nodded and faked a smile, “I’m your bestfriend, aren’t I? I know you well.” The word ‘bestfriend’ kinda hurts when defining my relationship with Mineul. It’s definitely not my favorite word.
             She blushed. “Aish! Why does she have to fall in love with the man who deliberately hurt her?” I thought to myself. 

 

 

 

WILL START UPDATE BLAST IN 3-2-1! :D

See? Mineul is tough. She easily picked herself up of course, with the help of Tiffany.. She hasn't fully recovered yet, though. But, hey, who oculd recover froma disaster this big overnight? :D  Anyway.. YEYYY~ I made three (3) chapters ready-to-publish because I'll be on a vacation for 4 days starting tomorrow and I don't know if there's a decent and reliable Internet connection there~ This is the first chapter and please be on wait for the next two chapters, readers! Much love to all of you! :*