An Idea of Pretension

The Brain vs The Heart

-----LEETEUK’S POV-----

“Oh, Donghae,” I said, trying to make it all casual for us. For Mineul. “Im Yoona-ssi,” I acknowledged one of our agency’s trainee since she was with Donghae. I wonder why, though. I did not care about Donghae and Yoona but I focused on Mineul. I looked at her and she was everything I never wanted her to be when we meet Donghae—speechless, shocked, awkward. Aish! Choi Mineul-ah, speak!

Surprisingly, she seemed to have heard my thoughts as she bowed and smiled (I know it was fake, though). She said, “Annyeonghaseyo.”

Yoona-ssi bowed, greeted back and introduced herself. She turned to me and asked, “Your girlfriend, Leeteuk oppa?” while pointing to Mineul.

I looked at Mienul’s expression. She laughed because for her I was just a best friend. Just a bestfriend. But Yoona’s question sparked an idea inside my head. I turned to look at Donghae who was equally surprised by Yoona’s question. I can see in his face that he’s very curious to hear the answer, too. Everything happened so quickly but my brain was faster. I answered, “Yes. Yes, she is my girlfriend.”

I felt Mineul’s arm tighten around my arm—she was probably confused by my answer.

“I see. What’s your name?” Yoona asked Mineul.

I did not look at Donghae’s reaction to my answer but I did not miss (from the side of my eye) that his eyes widened. Equally surprised as Mineul.

“Mineul. Choi Mineul,” Minnie answered before she looked at me in confusion.

Yoona suddenly took a step back and asked again, “What was your name again?”

I wrapped an arm around Mineul’s shoulder and answered for her, “She’s Choi Mineul.”

Yoona gasped and quickly tuned to Donghae who did not say a word. She asked him, “Oppa.. She..she’s Choi Mineul?”

Donghae just nodded without looking at Yoona. His gaze was locked on me and Mineul. When I was sure that he was looking at us, I kissed Mineul on her forehead. All that Mineul could ever do was look at me. It went well with my plan, though. It appeared like we were a real couple.

 Donghae did not answer and kept his gaze on me as I Mineul’s hair, held her hand, looked at her dreamily and all the typical things a boyfriend would do with his girlfriend. Of course, minus the part that this was all fake. Although, part of me wished that it was real.

“Oppa.. answer me..” Yoona demanded.

Donghae unexpectedly walked away and Yoona followed her.

When at last, it was again just Mineul and me, she asked, “Yah, Park Leeteuk! What was that about?!” She was referring to my little scheme.

“Stop complaining! Did you see the look in Donghae’s face?”

“MWOH?!” though I’m sure she was not angry, I owe her an explanation.

“Revenge is sweet,” I answered.

She slapped me in the arm and said, “I told you that vengeance is not a good idea! Vengeance is the very reason why he used me, did you forget?”

“Mianhae, Minnie. It was for you, though.”

Mineul whined. She asked, “How long should we keep this up? Your career might be affected! You just let history repeat itself, Park Leeteuk! Aish!”

“Look, Minnie. I’m sorry, okay? But I did it for you and at least Donghae got what he deserved. Why do you think Yoona asked those weird questions, though?”

She shrugged and said, “I don’t know. I don’t even care.”

For Mineul, Yoona’s questions meant nothing. But for me, it did. Why would the name ‘Choi Mineul’ be familiar to her? Does she know what happened? Did Donghae tell her stories about Mineul? If yes, then stories about what?

Just then, Yoona came back but this time she was alone. I asked her, “Yoona-ssi? What are you doing here?”

She smiled a sweet smile and said, “Oppa, can I talk to Mineul unnie alone? It won’t take long, oppa. I promise.”

I looked at Mineul and she nodded with a smile. She said, “It’s alright. I can wait for Tiffany alone, too. I’ll just go to our table when she comes.”

What would Yoona want to talk to Mineul about? I looked at the two girls again but their smiles reassured me that Mineul won’t need me here.

“Teuk-ah,” Mineul laughed and said, “it’s okay. Go now.”

I scratched the back of my head and unwillingly left the two alone.

-----AUTHOR’S POV-----

Leeteuk was doubtful of leaving Mineul alone with Yoona first because, she does not know Yoona that well. Who knows what she’s capable to do? Second, because Mineul is still fragile from the incident between her and Donghae. What if she suddenly breaks down (in the party) when the topic is brought up? These petty things made Leeteuk very nervous. Also, he doesn’t know why, but Yoona’s sweet smile don’t seem trustworthy and sweet to him at all.

Meanwhile, just as soon as Leeteuk was out of sight, Mineul laughed and told Yoona, “He’s kinda protective, don’t you think?”

Yoona just smiled at her.

“Eomo! Her smile is creepy,” Mineul thought to herself but instead, she just asked Yoona, “Im Yoona-ssi, what is it that you wanted to talk about?”

What scared Mineul more was when Yoona turned her sweet smile to a menace. Yoona finally spoke and rudely said, “Who are you, really, Choi Mineul?!”

“MWOH?!” Mineul exclaimed.

“You heard me,” Yoona smirked.

“W-Why are you suddenly asking me this?!”

Yoona scoffed and wore an evil smile and Mineul knew that this conversation will be a rollercoaster ride.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

             “Yoona, take my car and go home already. I’ll take care of this, go!” He handed Yoona his keys.

            “But--”

            “Just go, Yoona!”

           “Yeah, you better! Run, before I expose your schemes to your beloved ‘Donghae oppa’!” Tiffany threatened. She crossed her arms on her chest as she watched the now-scared Yoona get in the car hastily.

 

 

 

WHAT IS THIS GIRL UP TO?! :(

HIKHIK ;D Okay. I know, I know, you guys did not expect to see this coming.. Sorry, but I had to spice the story up so that I can put more moments with Leeteuk in it.. I'm so sorry to have not updated for so long but I've been planning to transfer schools (and I'm college, by the way) so it's a lot of paper works and documents and stuff.. :)) I know this is a short update but the next few chapters are gonna be all about this pretension. EXCITING, AIN'T IT?! :))) Watch out for YoonA, Mineul! HAHAHA :DD