The Pretension Continues

The Brain vs The Heart

 

-----MINEUL’S POV-----

Yeah, yeah. It’s been roughly three weeks after ‘The Great Crash of Mineul’ but there’s still this teeny tiny part of me that has not really moved on. Bummer. I’m a lot better now, though. Thanks to my two great friends, Tiffany and Leeteuk.

Although, Leeteuk did something hilarious during the last SME event. LOL :D He told Im Yoona-ssi and Donghae oppa that we were in a relationship or something. Of course (and again), I knew where he was coming from and why he did that but UGH! This is tiresome. I mean, pretending to be his girlfriend. Yes, it’s a lot of fun but how long should we keep this up? I don’t know.

Last night, I was in SME Building..with Leeteuk.

 

-----FLASHBACK-----

“Leeteuk-ah, people are staring,” I whispered to him as we walked in the hallways.

“Why wouldn’t they be?” he laughed.

He’s right. Why wouldn’t they be when his arm is wrapped around my shoulder.

“Do they know this is fake?” I asked him.

“Of course, not,” he smiled.

“MWOH?!” I took a step away from him.

“Sshhhh..”

“They think this is real?!” I exclaimed.

He nodded, “Yoona-ssi spread the rumors.”

“Eomo! That girl?! She’s getting to my nerves!”

“Yeah. Mine, too,” he started to walk again.

I followed him and asked, “Will this affect your career?”

“Nope.”

“How come?”

“No one will tell the media.”

“How did you know?”

“Aish! So many questions!”

“Answer me. How did you know that no one will tell the media?”

“Because it’s Mr. Lee Sooman’s orders. Period.”

“Orders? He ordered that your relationships be kept secret?!” I can’t believe what I’m hearing.

“Neh. When SM artists have a relationship with someone, Mr. Lee will personally get to the bottom of this. Then, he will ask the artist if he wants to make the relationship public. Whatever the answer, he will naturally want to know why, and in our case. I’ll tell just tell him the whole story. It’s that easy,” he explained.

“The w-whole story?” I nervously asked.

“Yes, the whole story. That’s the only way he will understand,” he said.

-----END OF FLASHBACK-----

 

I was preparing to go to school when my phone rang.

I answered it, “Yeoboseyo?”

“Min!”

“Oh, Tiffany! You going to school today?” I asked her because she had been busy with their family’s company lately. She’d also been missing some of her classes because of that.

“Of course, I am!”

“Want to go with me? Leeteuk’s going to take me to school,” I offered.

Tiffany laughed at the other end of the line, “I almost forgot about your little scheme. I can’t believe you two!” She knows the whole story why Leeteuk and I are now fake lovers.

“Yah! It’s hard to make it convincing, you know.”

“Arasseo, arasseo. I won’t take my car so you two just fetch me here, ‘kay?”

“Okay! By the way, why did you call?”

“Nothing. Can’t a best friend call her best friend?” she answered.

“You’re weird! Bye!”

“Neh, bye!”

Right after we hung up, my phone rang again.

“Leeteuk-ah?” I answered it.

“Good morning, girlfriend!”

“YAH!”

“Why? Are you not my girlfriend?”

Fake Girlfriend. Why did you call, anyway?”

“Just checking..You ready?”

“Neh, but let’s pick Tiffany up on the way.”

“Waeyo? She has her own car!” Leeteuk protested.

“Aish! No Tiffany No Fake Girlfriend,” I laughed at my weak threat.

Good thing, he bought it. “Arasseo, her house is on the way, though.”

“Good!” I laughed, “See you, then!”

“Neh. Bye. See you, girlfriend.”

“Whatever,” I hung up.

Among other things, I like going to school. It’s where I am normal. Just a typical student. No superstar best friend and most of all, no drama. It’s like my sanctuary but Leeteuk taking me to school today may change everything. I just hope not.

I was buttoning up my school uniform when I heard someone’s car honk outside. Hm, probably Leeteuk. After a minute, I rushed outside and I was right, it was Leeteuk. Bummer! He’s not alone, he’s with a driver. This means that we have to pretend that we were together—together as in dating. Aish!

I hopped in the back seat and sat beside Leeteuk.

“Good morning,” he leaned forward and pecked me on the cheek.

GAH! “Morning,” I uninterestedly greeted back. I looked at Leeteuk and he was wiggling his eyebrows.

“Good morning, Ms. Choi,” the driver greeted me. The car started moving.

“What’s so good about the morning, ahjussi?” I sarcastically asked, trying to rub it in Leeteuk’s face.

Leeteuk burst in laughter and the driver looked at the rearview mirror to check on us.

Leeteuk answered, “What’s so good about the morning? Me!” He smiled a mischievous smile.

I faked a laugh and said, “I almost forgot, Leeteuk! Aigoo, I’m such a babo!” I pinched his cheeks. HARD.

He pretended that it did not hurt but the color of his cheek gave him away. “My Mineul is sooo cute!”

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. “We’re gonna fetch Tiffany right?”

“Unfortunately, yes..” he said.

“MWOH?! She’s my best friend! You’re not my only best fr--” Leeteuk quickly covered my mouth and nervously smiled. He signaled towards ahjussi.

I gasped and he removed his hands from my mouth. I restated, “I said, you’re my boyfriend but she’s my best friend.” Eomo! The difficulty of keeping up this pretension is taking its toll on me. I almost forgot that the driver ahjussi knows that Leeteuk’s relationship with me is real.

“Then who is more important?” he asked.

I forced myself to say, “Of course, my Leeteuk! You are!” I faked a smile.

“Gooood to hear that,” he giggled.

I silently slapped his arm but he just kept that naughty smile in his face.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

             “You and Leeteuk will make quite a cute couple, you know,” Tiffany teased me.

             I laughed and said, “That’ll never happen.”

            “I’m serious, Min,” Tiffany said.

            I just looked at her and laughed.

 

 

 

*GASP* COUPLE MOMENTS.. SHIJAK! :)

Hey, readers! Next chapter is a direct continuation of this one so hang on there, 'kay? ^.^ Just something random: I THINK THAT THE TITLE I GAVE THIS FANFIC IS REALLY A FAILURE. I just feel (whenever I write this fanfic), that even though I like what's been happening to the storyline, I'm not giving justice to its title.. :'( It just makes me sooo sad. Anyhow, please continue supporting this fanfic (and help me lift my spirits), pleeeease? :D