Problems & Solutions

The Brain vs The Heart

The four people occupied a square table—Mineul and Leeteuk sitting across each other, the same with Tiffany and Donghae.

“And you could’ve booked us in separate rooms!” Tiffany protested after swallowing her food.

Leeteuk and Mineul’s hands were linked together under the table.

“Too much effort and money,” Leeteuk explained. “Besides, you could’ve been booked on another floor if we did that.”

“Tiffany, let’s not get too upset about this,” Mineul meaningfully raised an eyebrow at her friend before taking a bite.

Donghae was just quiet, picking at his food with his fork and nodding occasionally to what Tiffany has to say. They seem to be on the same side.

“We’re all in legal age and adults here,” Leeteuk said. “Let’s all be adults about this and--”

“Move on?” Tiffany and Donghae guessed at the same time.

They looked at each other and laughed.

 

----- FLASHBACK-----

“So..? Are you still mad?” Donghae asked Tiffany.

“No,” Tiffany shook her head with a pretty eye smile.

“Whew~” the tension on Donghae’s shoulders loosened.

“I don’t hold grudges,” Tiffany said while playing with her ice cream.

“Thank you AND sorry,” Donghae lowered his head.

“Let’s all be adults about it and--”

“Move on?” Donghae guessed.

-----END OF FLASHBACK-----

 

“Are we missing something here?” Mineul asked Tiffany and Donghae.

“Aniyo,” Tiffany made a gesture as she tried to stop laughing.

“We just remembered something,” Donghae said catching his own breath after a good laugh.

Mineul watched the two have a good time.

“Anyway,” Leeteuk started, “Yes. Let’s all be adults about this and move on from the topic. We’re on vacation, guys!”

“Besides, you two seem to be getting along well,” Mineul pointed.

“I guess..” Tiffany went serious and continued eating. The other three did the same and a long silence followed afterwards.

The only sound that could be heard was the sound of the waves that clumsily lapped at the shore which is just a few feet away from where they were eating.

After eating, Tiffany looked around, observed and was mesmerized by her surroundings. They were eating in the ground floor of the resort hotel. The wall-high sliding doors opened to the beach and she inhaled, smelling the distinct scent of the ocean once again.

She unconsciously smiled to herself and threw her head back with her eyes closed. “What a great escape,” she thought.

After a few minutes, she felt someone shaking her lightly. “Tiffany-ssi.”

“Neh?” she opened her eyes, sat back up and noticed the table half-empty with only Donghae remaining.

“Don’t sleep right after eating,” Donghae laughed.

“I wasn’t sleeping!” Tiffany defended herself.

“You were in that position for several minutes now. They had even cleared the table without you noticing,” Donghae said.

“Jinjja?” Tiffany flexed her neck and shoulders. It hurt, Donghae must have been telling her the truth—she drifted off to a light sleep. “By the way, where are the two?”

“They wanted to take a walk on the beach,” Donghae pointed and Tiffany looked at the two figures walking in the shore.

“Hm,” Tiffany nodded.

“So, let’s go back?” Donghae offered.

Something in what Donghae said sent chills down Tiffany’s spine. She cringed at the thousands of possibilities that might happen. Of course, she trusted Donghae. It was herself she did not trust—what if she sleep-talks again? What if, worse, she sleep-walks to somewhere she should not be sleep walking to? What if she could not help herself and--- Tiffany stopped herself there.

Donghae noticed this and figured that for Tiffany, it may be awkward because he knows that she likes him. “Something wrong?” he asked, trying to pretend like he did not know anything.

“N-Nothing. Let’s go,” Tiffany stood up and walked on ahead without waiting for her roommate. She wanted Donghae as far from her as possible.

Meanwhile..

“Those two are so cute,” Mineul said as she felt the fine sand on her feet. Her one hand was holding her shoes and the other was holding Leeteuk’s hand.

“We’re cuter,” Leeteuk said as the waves lightly reached their feet.

“I know,” Mineul laughed. They continued walking.

“I can do this all day,” Leeteuk sighed.

“What?” Mineul asked looking at him.

Leeteuk held up their linked hands and smiled.

“Aigoo~ So cheesy~” Mineul said and walked to the part where the waters will not reach them. She pulled Leeteuk and sat down on the sand as she stretched her legs.

Leeteuk sat down beside her and wrapped an arm around her tiny waist.

Mineul laid her head on his shoulder and looked at the vast ocean that stretched in front of them and the stars that shone so bright, they appear to be so big and near.

“I take that back. I can do this forever,” Leeteuk said.

“Forever,” Mineul repeated. “Do you really have to be Super Junior?” she asked with disappointment.

“Doesn’t matter, you’re here with me,” Leeteuk kissed her head.

Doesn’t matter? Teuk-ah.. it matters. Our relationship.. it might affect your career,” Mineul sighed at the thought of their relationship not being healthy for Leeteuk’s career. She felt guilty and sad.

“The only rule I know in our agency is that we can’t date our co-idols. You don’t look like a co-idol to me,” Leeteuk managed to joke.

“I’m serious here,” she did not find it funny. She was on the verge of crying but she held it back.

“We can get through this. I know we can. Dating non-celebrity people is not that a big of an issue with Mr. Lee Sooman as dating a celebrity and much worse.. a co-idol,” Leeteuk explained as he rubbed Mineul’s back.

“But last time.. when we pretended..”

“That was when Super Junior is active.”

“And what?! When your hiatus finishes you’ll leave me?!” Mineul lifted her head from his shoulder and looked at him in pain. She tried to hold back the tears but she was not succeeding.

Leeteuk reached for her and hugged her, “That’s not what I meant. Please don’t cry. Mianhae, Minnie~”

Mineul buried her face in his chest as ears flowed from her eyes. Her shoulder shook as she sobbed and hugged Leeteuk back.

“We’ll make this work. I will make this work. I know this will work,” Leeteuk hugged her tighter.

“H-How do you kn-know that?” she asked in between her sobs.

“Because I love you. It’s irrelevant but my love for you will make this work,” he rubbed her back. “I love you,” he repeated and asked, “Didn’t you say you love me, too?”

Leeteuk felt Mineul nod and said, “Neh. I love you. Saranghae, Park Leeteuk.”

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

 

 

 

EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE GOING WELL, SO FAR.. :)

6 MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE THE ENDING! Waaaahhh~ The HaeFany couple developed some kind of telepathic connection already!? Kekeke~ :) As usual, TeukMin couple are inseparable! Poor Mineul, she's so worried and guilty over the fact that her relationship with a Super Junior might affect Leeteuk :'( But we do believe Leeteuk when he said that it will work, right? Let's have faith on them! TeukMin Couple! Fighting! ^.^