M-U-T-U-A-L (Chapter 19 from Leeteuk’s POV)

The Brain vs The Heart

-----LEETEUK’S POV-----

I drove to Mineul’s house as fast as I can. What could have happened to her that even Tiffany could not help her with?

Knock knock.

I heard Mineul say something but I could not quite hear it clearly.

Knock knock.

At last she opened the door for me.

“Teuk-ah?”

“Minnie, are you okay?” I went inside (even though she did not ask me to) and quickly examined her. She does not look anywhere near ‘fine.’ She definitely looks like she’s sick. I quickly touched her forehead to feel if she has a fever or something.

“I’m okay,” she said.

I stepped back and sat on the couch. I asked her, “Are you sure? You don’t look like you are..” It’s true. She looks so pale, so tired, like she had not slept last night because she was crying. Her swollen eyes gave it all away.

“Did Tiffany tell you to come here?” she asked.

“Yeah. She said you’ll need me.”

Then suddenly, my heart was broken into a thousand pieces when she suddenly started crying where she was standing. She was crying like a child, with her trembling like that.

“Yah, why are you suddenly crying?!” I panicked.

EOMO! She fell on the floor and curled up like something inside her was eating her up. I rushed next to her and tried to help her up. I failed, she was motionless. All she was, was a crying figure on the floor, trembling, shaking, sobbing, tearing up, crying. I could not bear to her like this anymore, she looked like she needed a hug badly. I want to hug her badly. I moved in closer to her and I hugged her. She was indeed shaking. “Minnie, what happened?” I murmured. I have to know! It hurts me to see her like this!

“I..I alr-already kn-know..” she said in between her sobs. I felt helpless just hugging her, if only there was something I could do to instantly make her feel better. If only she’d stop crying and tell me who’s to blame. If only she could stay in my arms forever.

“Don’t cry. What do you mean?” I asked her. The sound of her cries was tearing up my heart. I hugged her tighter and her hair, hoping that it could help even in the slightest way.

“It’s..my fault,”

“Sshhh.. just cry it all out..”

“Teuk-ah?”

“Ssshh..”

“M-Mianhae.. I did not li-listen,” I apologized.

“Don’t blame yourself,” I said as I made an effort to help her up again. This time, her body cooperated and I helped her (almost carried her) to her room. I put her to bed and suggested, ”You need rest.”

“I can’t,” her voice cracked as she talked.

“Waeyo?”

“Nightmares.”

“I know you found out about my fight with Donghae..” I started but she cut me off midsentence.

“But you did not know that he was using me, don’t you?”

“MWOH?!” I exclaimed. Did I hear her right? I knew it! I knew that Donghae was up to something. I was just too stupid and careless to find out what it is.

 

-----LEETEUK’S FLASHBACK-----

“Yes, he’s been keeping me company when you did not, Leeteuk. Donghae oppa did and I’m grateful for him,” Mineul told me.

 

Kring kring.

My phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Leeteuk-ssi, it’s me.”

“Hyori noona? Why did you call?”

Hyori noona told me about some articles that surfaced in the Internet—about Donghae going out with some girl. I was taken aback when I recognized that it was Mineul with Donghae in the pictures. What would enter Donghae’s mind that she would ask Mineul out? Because Mineul is definitely not the type of girl to ask a boy out even if she likes him. In this case, Mineul does like Donghae but it’s impossible! Mineul’s not like that! Wait! Could it be that Donghae’s just playing her to get back at me?I shove the thought away. I should not be thinking about my members this way. Maybe what I should do is to give Donghae a benefit of the doubt.

-----END OF LEETEUK’S FLASHBACK-----

 

“Yes, he was just using me. Tiffany overheard him talking to a certain noona,” Mineul told me as she wiped a tear.

“Probably Hyori noona. He’s trying to get back at me,” I said, referring to Donghae. I closed my hands into fists and said, “I’m going to beat the--”

Just then, Mineul touched my hand and it melted all my anger towards Donghae away. “Don’t,” she said.

“MWOH?! Look, Mineul-ah, I know that you like him but--”

“Wait. You knew?!” she sat up.

I nodded and faked a smile, “I’m your bestfriend, aren’t I? I know you well.” The word ‘bestfriend’ kinda hurts when defining my relationship with Mineul. It’s definitely not my favorite word.

She blushed. “Aish! Why does she have to fall in love with the man who deliberately hurt her?” I thought to myself.

I sighed and continued, “As I was saying.. I know you like him but he deserves a good punch for what he did!” I mean it. I don’t know if I can look at Donghae now without wanting to punch him good.
“Please. Don’t,” she begged. How am I supposed to refuse?

“Aish! Arasseo, arasseo!” I unwillingly gave in.

“Have you eaten breakfast already?”

I hit her head and said, “Aigoo~ This is not the time to worry about others.” Why does she have to be so kind?

“I was trying to change the topic. I want to forget it all,” she said. I really want to help her forget but is that possible now?

“Mianhae,” I apologized, “But what are you planning to do now?”

She told me she did not really know what she should do next. She said that she cannot bear to see Donghae yet. Well, that’s true for me, too. I don’t know what I would do if I see him now. Mineul is doing such a heroic act for stopping me from beating the crap out of that immature Donghae. I should probably thank Tiffany, too. But Hyori noona has to know all of this and I don’t care how it would affect Donghae’s career anymore. I don’t even care about my own career now. Mineul is the most important thing for me now.

I held her hand as we just stared at each other. All that’s in her eyes is sadness and I wouldn’t want to see it there. All I could do now was to be there for her. She slowly drifted off to sleep. I was wishing that we could stay like this forever (minus the part that Mineul is deeply hurting right now). I watched her sleeping and her face just made me forget about everything that’s bothering me, too.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

              Gosh! I look like a total zombie—thinner than I was two weeks ago, paler than I was two weeks ago, dark circles around my eyes that weren’t there two weeks ago, cheek bones that weren’t so prominent two weeks ago. 

 

 

 

SUPER LEETEUK TO-THE-RESCUE! :")

Leeteuk is just so dreamy, awww.. (Even in real life!) :D Mineul is, indeed, blessed to have Tiffany and Leeteuk. The define real friends, don'cha think? Anyhow, I won't dwell on the drama anymore. :) Next chapter would be, somehow, a little less dramatic. HOORRAYY! That'd also be my last update for today, unfortunately. :'( Keep your comments coming, I'll try my best to reply to 'em! JJANG~