Hearts. Brains.

The Brain vs The Heart

After a short walk on the beach, the couple decided to go back to their rooms—for them, it was more fun to be alone with each other, than the typical ‘fun under the sun.’

“I want the rest of this vacation to be spent with only you,” Leeteuk said as he closed the door behind him. “We have at most 5 hours more to spend before dinner and going back to Seoul.”

Mineul looked at him lovingly and said, “Jinjja?”

Leeteuk nodded and reached for his phone. “I’ll tell Donghae,” he said.

“But how about Tiffany?” Mineul worried.

“She brought her car, right? They’ll go back together. They’ll be left with no choice because I’ll steal you from them,” Leeteuk laughed and put his phone to his ear.

Mineul started to fix her things that she used earlier at the beach while Leeteuk called her Donghae oppa.

“Hyung? We did not see you at lunch,” Donghae immediately said.

“And the same goes for dinner. Mineul and I have plans,” Leeteuk authoritatively told his dongsaeng.

“Eh?!”

“I’ll take Mineul with me to Seoul in my car,” Leeteuk said.

“But how about me?” Donghae asked.

“The answer is obvious, Donghae,” Leeteuk laughed. “Bye!” then he hung up before Donghae could even answer.  Leeteuk turned to Mineul and said, “It’s all fixed.”

Mineul laughed and said, “You definitely left him with no choice.” She the television and lied on the bed, trying to wait for dinnertime.

After closing the curtains, Leeteuk walked towards the bed and snatched the remote control to turn the television off.

Mineul yelled, “YAH!”

The man lied down on the bed and put the remote control under the foam. “You and me,” he smiled.

Mineul inched closer to him and he put his arm under her head. “The second best pillow for girls,” Mineul mumbled.

Second best?” Leeteuk disappointedly asked.

“Neh, this is the best,” Mineul then lifted her head and placed it on top of Leeteuk’s chest.

Leeteuk smiled and started, “Saranghae, Minnie.”

“Aigoo~” the girl lightly pounded her fist against Leeteuk’s chest and joked, “I know that already!”

“But I don’t want you to forget,” Leeteuk rubbed her back in circles and stared at the ceiling.

“I just won the battle,” Mineul said out of the blue.

Battle?”

“Neh. A battle between my mind and my heart,” Mineul drew shapes with her pointer finger in Leeteuk’s chest.

“Which one won again?” Leeteuk laughed, finding Mineul’s words weird.

“None, actually. They kinda became friends during the battle,” Mineul laughed, too.

“Nonsense.”

“Aniyo, it’s not. When Donghae oppa was asking me out, my heart tricked me that that was the start of our love story,” Mineul laughed and continued, “But during those times, my brain was telling me that something is wrong—that I should know something I don’t.”

“Sorry for not being with you,” Leeteuk guiltily apologized.

“It’s okay, that’s the past,” she sighed, “And when you came back and attempted to tell me everything, I followed my heart and shut you out, blaming you for your absence and thinking that Donghae oppa was doing me a favor.”

“I just couldn’t bring myself to tell you, seeing how happy you were whenever you talked about him.”

“No explanations needed,” she looked up at him. “But when Tiffany found out the whole truth and told me, I was shattered—my heart was. It was my brain that helped me on my feet.”

Leeteuk just nodded and listened.

“When we started pretending that we were dating, that was when my heart started to heal—I moved on from Donghae oppa. I thought it was time that healed me and I did not see that it was you. My brain was telling me that you’re the one, but I did not listen. I was in denial, thinking that you and I would never be more than friends. But then, my heart started going crazy whenever you’re around. Was I falling for you? I asked my heart and found out that yes, I was. Funny how, this time, it was my brain which hindered me to tell it to you because I had doubts—what if you only saw me as a friend? What if you can’t reciprocate my feelings?”

“You’re clueless,” Leeteuk laughed and Mineul pouted.

She continued, “But when you were confessing to me, I knew. My brain rang a false alarm and conceded with my heart. They could work together, after all.”

“And now we’re here,” Leeteuk whispered.

“Yes, we are. But, did you not have problems the same as mine?” Mineul asked him.

“Hmmm,” Leeteuk inhaled deeply.

“Well..?”

“I remember, yeah. I had those moments, too,” Leeteuk admitted.

“Jinjja? Tell me! Marhaebwa~” Mineul insisted.

“When I came back to tell you the truth, my brain told me that you should know everything but my heart wants to make you happy. It does not want to disappoint you by taking you away from your bond with Donghae. Of course, it made me happy seeing you happy but sad because I was not the reason,” Leeteuk laughed at his memories.

“Komawo,” Mineul kissed him on the cheek and rested her head back on Leeteuk’s chest.

“And when I was confessing, you just don’t know how nervous I was. The look on your face that night just disarmed me and rid me of my inhibitions and fears. I knew then that it was a great risk of confessing to you because you never told me how you felt but then you said that you were thinking about me,” Leeteuk smiled, “It just gave me more confidence to express and tell you how I really feel towards you. In your concept, yep, my heart kinda defeated my brain then but knowing that you loved me back? It forced my brain to embrace my heart and the fact that in given circumstances, they can really follow what they want without harming each other.”

“Seems like it,” Mineul drummed her fingers in his chest.

 

..to be continued..

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

 

 

 

THIS ONE'S THE FINAL CHAPTER. THE NEXT ONE (50th Chapter) IS AN ENCORE :D

NEXT CHAPTER = LAST CHAPTER! Well, technically! I really dunno how to feel. Ouch? Yeheyy? Eomoooo, everything's getting pretty surreal. Keke~ :D It's only been a couple of months but I really enjoyed the ride. OH YEAH! \m/ Did you? :))))) I have prepared a relatively long farewell speech~ LOL :D i will publish the last chapter in a short while, arasseoyo? *bow*