Terribly Heroic

The Brain vs The Heart

-----MINEUL’S POV-----

Knock knock.

“Min! It’s me, Tiffany!” I heard Tiffany’s voice.

Knock knock.

“Hey,” I pecked her on the cheek after opening the door for her. I lead her to my room and asked, “so what’s the sitch?” with a smile.

Eomo! She did not smile back! I started getting nervous. Tiffany kept quiet for a long time and she fiddled with her fingers without saying a single word. It only made me more nervous as time goes by.”Yah, are you going to tell me now or not?” I was getting impatient.

“Min~”

“Aish! Tell me already!”

She started crying. Okay, now I’m confused. She said between her sobs, “Mineul-ah.. Mi-mianhae..”

“WHAT?! Waeyo?”

“Donghae-ssi..” she muttered. The name sent chills down my spine.

“Did something happen to Donghae oppa?!” I panicked. “Did he get into an accident?!”

Tiffany shook her head. “He.. ” she wiped a teardrop and continued, “I.. went to visit him today.. to th-thank him for what he’s been he-helping you w-with..”

“Okay..?? Then why are you crying?! You’re scaring me, Tiffany!”

She cried harder but still tried to continue, “I was on m-my way out of their dorm’s building but I noticed that I f-forgot my phone.”

I stood up to hand her some tissue. “Tiffany!”

“N-Neh?”

“Just.. Just get straight to the point. ”

“I’m really sorry but believe me.. Donghae-ssi is just.. just using you,” she covered her face with her hands and began to cry hysterically.

I was at a loss for words. I know Tiffany wouldn’t lie to me but when I heard her say those words, it felt like I did not want to believe her. “Donghae oppa..wouldn’t do that..” I whispered.

“Believe me, Min! I overheard him talking to the phone with the girl he truly loves,”

“He wouldn’t do that..” my brain rejected what I was hearing.

“Is that why I had those bad dreams?”

“Is that why I had this gut feeling?”I asked myself.

“YAH, CHOI MINEUL! WAKE UP! I HEARD IT WITH MY OWN EARS!”

“What do you mean.. What are you saying?” I asked Tiffany while my heart is telling me to believe what I just heard.

“He and Leeteuk fought over a certain noona. And you are Donghae’s revenge against Leeteuk.” My mind went back to the day when Leeteuk finally showed up a few days after ‘the fight.’

“What happened, really? Tell me,”I remember asking Leeteuk.

“Donghae.. He..”he was supposed to tell me but I cut him off midsentence.

“Yes, he’s been keeping me company when you did not, Leeteuk. Donghae oppa did and I’m grateful for him,”I remember rubbing it in Leeteuk’s face.

I was so hurt that even tears won’t come out. So, it’s my fault for not listening to what Leeteuk has got to say. How could I be so clueless? My bestfriend Leeteuk was supposed to reveal it all to me but I did not listen. All I cared about was how ‘the fight’ had affected me and how Leeteuk kinda abandoned me.

“You’re right,” I forced out.

“You believe me now?” Tiffany asked.

“It.. it all makes sense,” I said, feeling absolutely nothing.

“Look,” Tiffany pointed, “what are you planning to do now?”

“I.. I don’t know. I don’t.. know, Tiffany.” I was motionless and emotionless—looking into space. To nothingness. Tonight was too much for me to handle.

“Think it over, Mineul,” she moved closer to hug me and the moment she my hair, I burst into tears. I cried my heart out.

“Mianhae, Min,” she whispered.

I cried in her shoulders forcing out words like, “Babo..”

“Donghae oppa..”

“K-Komawo, Tiffany.”

“Eotteokhe?”

I drifted off to sleep, crying.

-----AUTHOR’S POV-----

That night, Tiffany was not able to go home. She stayed with her friend. She saw this coming and she was half-prepared to face this. How could Tiffany sleep when Mineul would murmur in her sleep? When her friend won’t stop crying even in her sleep? When Mineul would scream almost every hour because of nightmares?

Tiffany watched her friend sleep and she whispered, “Mianhae, Min. I’m really sorry for hurting you but it’s for you. The only way I can help you is to break you,” she silently cried in the dark. She can’t believe she caused a friend to be in broken down in ruins.

She checked the time and it was almost 5:00AM. She tiptoed to the living room and opened the light. She sat down on the couch and started writing a note that she’ll leave to Mineul:

 

Min, I hope you’re feeling better now. I’m sorry that I can’t stay with you ‘til morning, Eomma and Appa will be looking for me. I already asked someone to look after you—someone better. Your breakfast’s ready, too. You can always call me. SARANGHAE, CHINGOO! –tiffany

 

She slipped the note under the bedroom door so that Mineul would definitely see it in the morning. On her way home, she made a call..

“Yeoboseyo?”

The person on the other side of the line yawned and answered, “Who’s this?”

“It’s Tiffany, Leeteuk.”

“Ah, Tiffany. Why did you call so early?”

“Mineul needs you later today. She needs you badly.”

“Wae?! What happened to her?! Is she sick?!” he definitely sounded worried.

“Aniyo. Worse. You go find out for yourself.”

“YAH! Are you gonna tell me or not?”

“She’ll tell you herself. She.. needs you. Visit her as soon as you can. Bye.”

“YAH! TIFFANY!” Leeteuk yelled at his phone when Tiffany hung up. He quickly got up from his bed and muttered to himself, “Aish! Is it that hard to tell me what happened?!” He whined as he quickly went to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

              I felt Leeteuk’s hands help me up but my body won’t cooperate. It’s as if I was limp, unable to control my body, unable to make a muscle move. All that’s functioning are my tear ducts and my heart. Tears didn’t stop falling and my heart won’t stop hurting. 

 

 

LAST UPDATE FOR TODAY! ;)

Unfortunately, this is my last update for today. I'm still on fire, though~ I'll update soon, I promise! Thanks for those who just subscribed and those who left their comments. I really rerally really DO APPRECIATE IT! :) Anyways, going back to the fanfic.. Is that what happens when people are really really hurt? They just..BLANK OUT?! Poor Mineul, she'll survive it, though. She's tough~ I'm planning to continue the next chapter in Mineul's POV. :)) Is it okay for you guys? :) Okay, I'm gone for now. TATA FOR NOW! ILOYEYOU, READERS! ^.^