Fixing the Damages

The Brain vs The Heart

 

-----AUTHOR’S POV-----

A few weeks after that night, Mineul decided to talk to Tiffany about these weird feelings she’s been having. Mineul and Leeteuk have been continuing with their fake relationship and so many things had happened but they managed to keep it up convincingly. It was during their break time that Mineul decided to open up to her friend.

“I..don’t know. My heart beats crazily fast at the wrong moments,” Mineul told her friend.

“What do you mean when you say ‘the wrong moments’?” Tiffany asked.

“I mean times when Leeteuk held my hand, times when I stared at him,” Mineul counted with her fingers until Tiffany stopped her by laying a hand on her arm.

“Mineul, don’t you notice?”

“Notice what?”

“You, my dear, are falling for your own best friend,” Tiffany wore a mischievous smile on her face.

“Wha--? No,” Mineul shook her head in confidence.

“Oh, yes, you are.”

“I’m not, Tiffany, stop that!”

“Then, what do you suppose is happening to your heart? A technical glitch?!” Tiffany laughed.

“I told you already.. I don’t know,” Mineul frowned as she absorbed what she just heard from Tiffany. Does her friend have a point?

In Mineul’s mind, of course, she was trying to make excuses why her heart is experiencing its ‘technical glitch’ only with Leeteuk.

Meanwhile in SME Building..

Leeteuk’s schedule for the day was free and he was on his way to meet his Hyori noona for some updates about his and the other members’ plans before their farewell performance a few days from now. They will be on hiatus for a few months after their farewell performance.

“Ow,” a man whom Leeteuk bumped whined.

“Mianhaeyo, choisonghamnida,” Leeteuk bowed in apology but was lost for words when he recognized that it was just Donghae.

“Oh, hyung,” Donghae acknowledged Leeteuk.

“Donghae,” Leeteuk muttered.

“Going somewhere, hyung?” Doghae asked with a smile.

“Neh,” Leeteuk nodded and continued, “I have to go now. Bye.”

He started walking away but Donghae grabbed his arm gently and said, “Hyung, when are you moving back in?”

Leeteuk’s head snapped back to Donghae’s direction because he did not expect to hear it from him.

Donghae let go of Leeteuk and said, “Sorry.”

Leeteuk went around and faced Donghae, “Ani, gwenchanha. It’s okay.”

“So…?”

“I actually don’t know. I am always ready to move back in but I’m afraid that some people are not ready to welcome me back home,” he laughed as he secretly referred to the man he was talking to—Lee Donghae.

Donghae did not miss this. He knew that his hyung was referring to him but he was not a bit disappointed. He was accepting the consequences of his past actions. Donghae sighed and smiled, “I’m sure everyone will be glad to have you back, hyung. Everyone.”

Leeteuk was really glad to hear that and he smiled before saying “Ah, jinjja? Then my dongsaengs should always be prepared because I might be coming home soon.”

“We are always prepared, hyung,” Donghae jokingly boasted.

“Then, good.”

“Leeteuk hyung..”

“Neh?”

“Have you.. forgiven me?”

“Are we really talking about this here?” Leeteuk looked around.

“Please.. answer me, hyung. Have you?”

“Neh, I have.”

Donghae sighed in great relief, “Komawoyo jinjja. Thank you so much.”

“I did it for Super Junior and because I saw that you have learned your lesson,” Leeteuk said as he laid a hand on Donghae’s shoulder.

Donghae just kept on smiling—ecstatic from what he was hearing from his hyung. But then he remembered, “And Mineul? Is she..mad at me?”

Leeteuk dropped his hand from Donghae’s shoulder and sighed. “She was,” Leeteuk said.

Donghae’s head fell and his heart sank. “Hyung, what am I going to do?” Donghae waited for Leeteuk’s answer because he knows that Leeteuk knows Mineul very well.

“She was. Past tense, babo,” Leeteuk laughed.

Donghae’s eyes widened and excitedly said, “Jinjja? Jinjja?”

“Neh, I think you should invite her out one night to settle things once and for all,” Leeteuk, being the good hyung, suggested thought he did not want to. That is how much he loved Mineul. He thought Mineul would be so happy to fix things with her Donghae oppa again.

“B-But--” Donghae stuttered.

“But what?” Leeteuk asked.

“B-But you and her are..together..right? You two are d-dating.”

“Wha--? No. It was all just a show I put on,” Leetuk laughed.

“Mwoh?!” Donghae could not believe what he was hearing.

“You heard me right, Donghae,” Leeteuk winked.

“B-But why?”

“Mineul was deeply hurt back then and I really hated you back then. It was just a stupid idea I came up with to protect her,” Leeteuk said.

“You hated me that much, hyung?” Donghae embarrassedly asked.

“Hated. That’s past now. Let’s forget about it. But, you have to talk to Mineul. You have to,” Leeteuk said. Well, it was more like he forced these words out. He loves Mineul but he can’t be selfish is Donghae would make Mineul happy then Leeteuk is willing to give way even though it hurt him so much.

“I will,” Donghae smiled.

Leeteuk patted Donghae’s shoulder and said, “Well, I really have to go now.”

“Neh. Thank you, Leeteuk hyung. Thank you very much,” Donghae waved as he watched Leeteuk walk away.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

 

 

 

CHEERS TO THE GOOD BOYS! :D

Donghae! Fighting! Keke~ :D So no one hated him for real, right? Right? HAHAHA, I hope so.. :") Did you guys notice the absence of my 'Preview for the next chapter'? Well, it's because.. it's a secret! :))) You'll know why in the next chapter ;) Because it's TOTALLY UNEXCPECTED! :D Next chapter's kinda read-to-update since last night. I was too excited, I guess.. Wait for it, 'kay? :)