My Fairytale-ish Night

The Brain vs The Heart

“Yes,” was the only answer I gave. Yes, I definitely would like to walk with Donghae oppa along the Han River—one of the most romantic places a Korean couple could go to. He drove us here and before we went out the car, he put on a bonnet and bug-eye shades—for camouflage. Yeah, I totally forgot he was a superstar. I giggled at the thought that I was with a superstar. But more important than that, I was with the man I loved. And yes, he opened the passenger door for me. Tonight was so much like my own fairytale.

As we were walking, Donghae oppa asked, ”Did you enjoy our meal, Mineul-ah?”

“Neh, oppa. Komawoyo, really.”

He scoffed and smiled, “It was nothing.”

The wind brushed through my bare arms and I quickly rubbed it to make myself warm again. Ah, foolish me for not bringing a jacket.

“Here,” Donghae oppa said as he took off his coat and put it around my shoulders. Did he hear my thoughts?! I was shocked.

There I was, standing in amazement, just staring at him, not even able to say, “Thank you.” It was driving me nuts, why was oppa acting like this? I felt like we suddenly got closer. Much closer.

I was still staring at him when he joked, “Yah, yah. What are you looking at?!”

Much to my embarrassment, I quickly turned my stare at the ground and fiddled with my fingers. Then he continued to walk after he pat my head and said, “Kaja, let’s go.” So far, he’s doing a good job of taking things off of my mind for tonight. A very good job.

“Mineul-ah, don’t you wanna try doing this again?” he asked without looking at me but looking at the vast body of water. His hands were on his pockets and he looks carefree with that tiny smile on his face.

“Donghae oppa, are you really not that busy?” I jokingly answered.

“Mineul-ah, there you go again—not answering my question. I said, let’s do this again some other time. Aigoo, stupid dongsaeng.”

“Hey, I’m not stupid!” The river looked majestic and my eyes were locked on the bright lights that are reflecting on it, too!

“Yes you are! Not answering my questions always! Humph!”

“If I’m the stupid dongsaeng then you’re the foolish oppa! Humph! So many questions!” I countered his remarks but I was joking.

Suddenly, he put his hands on my shoulder and turned my whole body to his direction—facing him. “Yah, are you turning my invitation down?”

I shook my head as if to say “No,” but it was all my heart’s fault. The foolish thing gave Donghae oppa an answer even before I could absorb the fact that he’s already asking me out on another date when this date has not finished yet! My heart is always faster than my brain and I hate it! I am a girl and my heart won’t recognize the fact that a lady’s still gotta have some pride. HAHAHA! I should totally tell Tiffany about this!

Meanwhile, Donghae oppa as walking ahead, whistling. Obviously ecstatic. Why shouldn’t he be? He won again. He got what he wants again! Hello, brain, are you there? Do you mind functioning sometimes? “Mineul-ah, come! I want to show you something!” Donghae oppa called out.

I ran to catch up with him and when I was finally beside him.. CLICK! His camera flashed and he got a stolen photo of me beside him. “Oppa! Yah! Delete that!”

“Make me,” he stuck his tongue out and put his camera back on his knapsack. What’s happening to him? He’s not the cold and uninterested oppa that I knew anymore. Tonight, he seemed like a totally different person. Different, but good different. I liked it much better compared to the old him. He’s making me fall harder every single time! Although there’s something I’m nervous about. I don’t know what it is and why I’m feeling it but it’s kinda strong. Hm, I should probably disregard it. He accomplished his mission for the night had ended without us talking about anything that could stress us out. It was a complete success like a huge burden was lifted off of my shoulder.

Unfortunately for me, the night has to end. Though the trip back to my dorm was filled with joy and laughter with Donghae oppa, I’d have to accept the fact that fairy tales do end sooner or later. Mine’s just different because my fairy tale has its sequel planned out already. Keke~ >:D

Donghae oppa walked me to my dorm’s door and he ended my fairy tale perfectly—with a kiss. A kiss on the cheek. What a gentleman. After that, we bade our goodbyes and he disappeared. As I entered my dorm and closed the door behind me, my heart beat crazily inside me and I was blushing all by myself. I was dancing around in happy abandonment. Really satisfied with how the night ended. I can’t wait for next week’s yet another night with oppa!

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

                Leeteuk regret lying to his best friend about the whole truth but what can he do? She seemed really happy with him. Is Donghae the reason for his best friend’s laughter and smiles? Does his best friend like Donghae?

 

 

WILL TRY TO UPDATE TWO CHAPTERS AT A TIME! :)

In reference to the preview I provided, YES, Leeteuk will finally return. But what's with the 'lying to Mineul and not telling the whole truth' thing?! Keke~ As I have promised.. slowly, the truth will be gradually unveiled. :)) Do leave your comments, loves!