Failed!

The Brain vs The Heart

Knock knock. No answer. Hm. Am I too early? It’s a weekend, though.

“Anyone inside?!” Knock knock. Knock knock. I looked at my watch to see how long I’ve been here outside. I should’ve called first. Aish~ It’s 9:30AM.

Bidi-deet. So someone was inside and finally opened the door for me—and it was him. Donghae. For a second, I stood there frozen but I’ve liked Donghae for a long time now. Because of this unrequited love, I’ve mastered the art of hiding my feelings in front of him. >:D Watch me do my thaaaang!

“Oh. Annyeonghaseyo, Donghae-ssi.”

“Mineul-ssi.” Why?! Why, oh, why does he have to be so cold, so uninterested. But why, oh, why does that make me fall harder for him? Failed!

“Is Leeteuk in?”

He did not answer me. Instead, he gestured me to come inside. He obviously just woke up. Hair messy. Eyes puffy. Wah. His just-woke-up face can make time stop. He went in the bathroom to wash his face and he immediately went back to the living room to entertain a visiting friend—me. Bow.

“Leeteuk went out for his regular jog.” He ran his hands through his hair and smiled that smile. His crooked smile. Gyaahhh~ Don’t look, Mineul! Don’t stare, don’t look! I’m already in deep and I might just hurt myself if don’t make any effort in trying to stop myself from falling. Falling even harder.

Coversation, start! “Hey, Donghae. I didn’t see you last—”

“The event?” he cut me off midsentence.

I nodded.

“I had to tape a variety show with Shindong,” he answered, uninterested. Failed!

“I see. Busy you, huh?!” Failed, Mineul! Failed! Awkwaaaard. Leeteuk, where are you?!

Knock knock. Me and Leeteuk are so close, I think our minds are actually linked together. The sound of his knock gave me a sense of calmness. Whew.

Donghae opened the door. Indeed, it is Leeteuk.

“Teuk-ah! At last, you’re here! I came to drop your sunglasses by. You left it the last time you came at my house,” I said, stood up and bowed to greet him at the same time.

“Ah. Komawo, my friend. I’ll just take a shower and dress up. You catch up with Donghae first.”

I slowly sat down again. Oh no! Leeteuk left us there, bringing the cloud of awkwardness back. Failed!

Donghae was the one who broke the silence first. “You. You like someone..? Leeteuk told us.” I blushed.

“Jeongmal?! He did?! He made that up, trust me.” I lied. Failed!

“Hm,” Donghae answered, almost snobbish. I can tell he’s not kidding either. If Leeteuk, finds out that I’m head over heels for Donghae, I’m so dead. But what can I do?! Just look at him. My my my. Those lips. Those eyes. And ahhhh, his jawline. Ahhh!

“Aigoo~ That Leeteuk!” I exclaimed, scratching the back of my head with a fake smile like a pro. Can this get any awkward-er?? Failed!

Donghae then suddenly sat next to me (yep, right next to me) and asked, “So, who is it?? The one you like..?? Minnie.”

“Stop it with the Minnie, you and Leeteuk! Seriously, it bugs me.”

“Okay,” he said as he looked away.

“Okay, Donghae-ssi!”

He did not speak anymore. Failed!

Moments later, Donghae checked his phone and played with it. Damn. He was playing a game while I was right here, right in front of him. Really?!

I gazed at his face and I felt like I was drifting away to dreamland. I was certain that I was looking at him dreamily. Marveling at his gorgeous profile but I did not see something coming. I did not expect him to suddenly stop playing and out of the blue, he...

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

               Donghae is so close, I can smell him. He squinted, making his eyes even narrower. Oooooh, those eyes! His natural fragrance plus his face so close with mine naturally made me wanna steal a teeny tiny peck on his lips..