5 Months Later

The Brain vs The Heart

That night, Tiffany and Mineul’s conversation went on and on and on. They only noticed that it was past dinnertime when it was 10:00PM already—their stomachs grumbled.

Time passed and many things had happened—Leeteuk moved back in with Super Junior, Tiffany and Mineul graduated from college, Super Junior went on hiatus, Leeteuk and Mineul went back to being just best friends (Leeteuk dreaded it, though), Donghae (who had been trying his best to get rid of any feelings he have) never again met any of the two girls accidentally and blah blah blah blah :D It was as if like, everything was back to the way it was before Donghae’s vengeance minus the part that Mineul likes Donghae.

 

5 months later..

Since Tiffany graduated, her parents had hired in their family company and she’s now one of the execs. It follows—as one of the execs, she had to work extra-hard and that means.. overtime!

Tiffany had just gone off from work and just pulled her car over at one buzzing street in Seoul. She hopped out of her car and decided to walk from there.

Tiffany stopped to look at her watch and she muttered, “Hm. The night stands should be open by now.” Saying those words, a mist formed in front of Tiffany’s mouth. It’s already autumn and the weather is cold.

She fixed her scarf and continued walking with her hands on her pocket. She was craving for some street food that’s why instead of heading straight home, she decided to stop by for a while and grab some snacks at the night stands.

Her phone beeped and she took out her phone to check it. It said ‘New Message Received.’ She hit the ‘Read’ button and continued walking while she read Mineul’s message.

 

To: Tiffany

Tiffany! Let’s meet up tomorrow for our weekly catch-up, ‘kay? :*

 

Tiffany smiled as she typed her reply but “O-Oh,” Tiffany muttered. A man (who was obviously in a hurry) bumped into Tiffany which sent her phone flying in the air.

“Sorry,” the stranger quickly bowed.

“Neh,” Tiffany bowed back to say that she was fine but when she looked up, she noticed that the man had ran off. “Obviously in a hurry,” Tiffany sighed and watched the mist that had formed disappear into thin air.

Tiffany walked a few steps but stopped when she remembered her phone. “Eomo! My phone! Where’d it fall?” Tiffany walked a few steps back and started searching. She bent down as she tried to look past the multitude of people bustling in the busy nocturnal streets of Seoul.

“Excuse me. Sorry,” she continued to look for her phone when her head smacked right against someone’s chest. “Ow,” she pouted as she rubbed her forehead from the dizziness.

Tiffany stood straight and bowed with her palm still on her forehead, “Mianhaeyo. I was looking for--” When she looked up, she saw the face that she missed but at the same time, the face she feared to see again.Despite of the all too overrated hoodie and sunglasses, the man’s lips is distinct to Tiffany.

“Looking for this?” the man held up Tiffany’s phone.

“Neh,” Tiffany smiled. “Annyeonghaseyo, nice to see you again, Donghae-ssi.”

“Here,” Donghae handed Tiffany her phone. “Drop the honorifics. Just Donghae is fine,” he added.

“Komawo, Donghae,” she laughed.  “You see things quite clearly despite of the sunglasses during nighttime, huh?”

Donghae laughed with her. Then, he checked her from head to toe and said, “A working lady?”

“Neh,” Tiffany comically pouted which made him laugh.

“Waeyo?”

“Busy as a beeeeee,” Tiffany said with a cutely raised pitch.

“Jinjja?”

Tiffany nodded.

“It does not seem like it,” Donghae shrugged, “then what brings you here in the streets of Seoul?”

“My stomach,” Tiffany pointed.

“Mwoh?” Donghae seemed to have a lot of laughs tonight.

“Craving for some night stand foods,” Tiffany sighed.

“Then let’s satisfy your craving,” Donghae excitedly said.

“Mwoh?!”

“To the night stands!” Donghae marched on and Tiffany could only laugh while she followed him.

Tiffany and Donghae sat as an ahjumma approached them.

“Two bottles of soju, two servings of egg rolls & a plate of rice cakes please,” Donghae said.

“Soju?! I’m driving!” Tiffany said.

“Me, too. You can’t drink much?” Donghae answered. “Two bottles is not that much for both of us,” Donghae shrugged.

“Fine, bad boy,” Tiffany gave up.

The ahjumma went away with their orders and Donghae started a conversation. “Long time no see!”

“Yeah, long time no see.”

“How was life after graduation?”

“I told you already. Busy,” Tiffany counted with her fingers, “busy and busy!”

Donghae laughed. “The total opposite of our condition,” he bragged.

“Whatever, being a male idol group is totally different from working as in working,” Tiffany stuck her tongue out. She was referring to Super Junior, being on hiatus.

“You have a point, though.”

“So what brings a superstar here?” Tiffany asked.

“My stomach,” Donghae said, imitating Tiffany’s answer.

They laughed and their orders finally arrived.

“Seriously,” Tiffany started, “I’ve been meaning to call you.” She opened a bottle of soju and drank two glasses.

Donghae put in a rice cake in his mouth and asked, “Jinjja? Waeyo?”

“To confess then apologize,” Tiffany sighed.

“To confess?” Donghae chuckled.

“Yah! I did not mean it as in a girl confessing her feelings!” Tiffany slapped Donghae’s arm before drinking soju.

“I know, I know. I’m just playing around with you,” Donghae said and drank soju, too.

Tiffany poured another glass of soju and drank it after swallowing a bite of egg roll. “Don’t misunderstand me.”

“I won’t. Going back, what is it you were telling me?”

“I’m sorry for..” Tiffany took a bite of egg roll, “for saying all those mean things to you in the past. I’m easily carried away by my emotions and obviously, that’s how much I love Mineul.” She explained as she reached for the bottle of soju.

“Oh, that..” Donghae nodded. “Apology accepted!” he smiled at her as he handed Tiffany a glass of soju that she gratefully drank.

“Kssssshhh~” Tiffany made that sound when the soju burned in . “Komawo,” Tiffany unsteadily bowed with that funny look on her face.

“Yah, are you getting drunk already?” Donghae looked at her.

“Aniyoooo~” Tiffany giggled as she wiped and ate a rice cake.

“And what is it you were going to confess?”

“Remember *hic* Yoona-ssi?” Tiffany rested her chin on both her hands on top of the table as her field of vision started to blur.

“I think she’s getting drunk,” Donghae thought but he just listened to her. “Yeah?”

“I have a secret about her.. Sssshhhh,” Tiffany raised her pointer finger to her lips as if she was going to tell a huge secret. She giggled and signaled Donghae to lean forward and closer. “I.. I..”

 

..to be continued on Chapter 37..

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

            Mineul suddenly held Leeteuk’s arm, “By the way, any news about Donghae oppa? If he has a girlfriend or what..?”

            Leeteuk teased, “Waeyo? Wae? You’re old feelings are rekindled? Wae?” Of course, it kinda chipped his heart but during the last few months, he had been trying to accept the fact that maybe, he and Mineul will never be more than best friends.

 

 

 

TIFFANY IS GETTING TIPSY.. HMMM.. XD

AH! A cliffhanger again! But I still bet you guys know what happens next, huh?! I can promise you one thing, though: MORE COUPLE MOMENTS ARE COMING UP. Not only HaeFany but, of course, also TeukMin! AND I'm still praying that I can successfully change the minds of HaeMin shippers out there :( Especially because this fanfic is almost coming to its end.. It would really hurt me and make me guilty to close this book while some of you are disappointed, of course~ This was probably my biggest struggle since I've started this fanfic so your feedback are REALLY important, you see? But.. the hell with those couples! YOU GUYS ARE STILL AWESOOOOOOME ^.^