Betrayal, Doubt, Oblivion & Gratitude

The Brain vs The Heart


-----DONGHAE’S POV-----

--PRESENT--

My plan was going great and now I’m on my second mock date with this clueless girl. Nothing’s gonna stop me now!

I was with Mineul—on our way to eat dinner—when Mineul received a call. Is it Leeteuk hyung? Or worse…is it Hyori noona?

When Mineul dropped the call, she did the weirdest thing ever.

“Oppa..” she softly said.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Jeongmal mianhae.” What is this girl talking about?

“Why? What happened? Wae? Why are you apologizing?”

Then my phone rang. It was a call from the person that I never expected would ever call me again—Hyori noona.

“Noona! You called!” I was really happy to hear her voice again.

“Lee Donghae! You are in so much trouble!” her voice seemed serious and a little angry.

“What?!”

Hyori noona started, “What are you trying to do?! Who is this girl you’ve been going out with! Several pictures surfaced on the Internet! Are you really going to do everything to ruin your career?! Are you with her now?! Stop this stupid game of yours! You’ll take your brothers down with you!”

“Neh, noona. Bye.” Well, I did not expect this! Unfortunately, I’d have to end this night because more pictures would definitely make Leeteuk hyung and Hyori noona suspicious of my little game with Mineul here.

“Who was that?” she asked.

“Mineul-ah, I’m sorry but I think I should take you home. It’s too risky for us to eat dinner out tonight,” I pretended to be apologetic.

“Oppa, I’m really sorry.” So the caller had told her about the pictures, too?

“Don’t be. It was not purely your fault. I’ll take you to your dorm.” I’ll take you to your dorm before anything hinders my plans.

-----LEETEUK’S POV-----

Now, I’m suspicious. What would enter Donghae’s mind that she would ask Mineul out? Because Mineul is definitely not the type of girl to ask a boy out even if she likes him. In this case, Mineul does like Donghae but it’s impossible! Mineul’s not like that!

Wait! Could it be that Donghae’s just playing her to get back at me? I shove the thought away. I should not be thinking about my members this way. Maybe what I should do is to give Donghae a benefit of the doubt.

-----MINEUL’S POV-----

Even though I was a little disappointed and a little guilty about what happened tonight, some stories are just worth telling…to Tiffany! Keke~ I should probably meet with her soon. I called her, “Yeoboseyo, Tiffany?”

“Yah, Choi Mineul! You owe me a lot!”

“Mworago?”

“Stories! I was hurt when I found out about Lee Donghae and you over the Internet. I can’t believe it! It makes me sad.”

“For your information, Tiffany Hwang I called you because I want to make it up to you!”

“You do?”

“Of course! I’m gonna tell you everything tomorrow so let’s meet!”

“You better!”

The next day with Tiffany, “Tiffany Hwang!”

“Min!” she ran towards me.

“You’re not too excited, aren’t you?”

“Whatever! Let’s go inside and talk!”

We then went inside a restaurant and we talked over lunch.

“So you and that Donghae…?”

“To make things clear, we are not an item! The media just wanted something to talk about!”

“But you wished you were an item with Donghae, don’t you?”

I blushed at her question because she was totally right.

“Aigoo~” she turned to her food and took a bite.

I took a bite, too.

“You’re right but it’s impossible.”

Nothing is impossible,” she winked at me.

“I guess..”

She shrugged her shoulders and continued to eat.

“He acted weird, though,” I muttered under my breath.

“What did you say?!”

“Aigoo~ You heard me!” I laughed at her reaction.

“Yes, I sure did. You said he acted weird,” Tiffany wiggled her eyebrows.

“Because he did!”

She sat up and she seemed to suddenly gain interest, “How weird? What type of weird?”

“Well.. he does some things that are…”

“Sweet?”

I nodded.

“Gyahhhh~” she stomped her feet and squealed, “I knew it! I think he likes this girl here!”

“Sssshhh! Everybody’s staring at us!”

“Oops, sorry!” she cowered and took a small bite—suddenly cautious about her actions.

I continued to tell her about my nightssss with Donghae oppa. IN FULL DETAIL! Tiffany was a very good listener. A noisy one, too. Whenever I say something about Donghae oppa being sweet and all, she would occasionally squeal, gathering attention again.

I definitely enjoyed my lunch with my best friend. Too bad, her super rich parents had called for her in the office..again. So we had to cut our conversation but at least, we were able to catch up.

-----AUTHOR’S POV-----

As Mineul was talking to her friend Tiffany about her Donghae oppa stories, Tiffany is starting to think that she owes Lee Donghae a lot. Tiffany had been really busy with their family’s company that she even misses school sometimes. Most of all, she had not been frequently beside her best friend. She felt guilty for not being always with her during the time that Choi Mineul’s mind was boggled by many questions about the Donghae-Leeteuk incident.

When she got home from their company, she asked one of her subordinates to go and find out where Super Junior lives. She has decided to personally visit this Lee Donghae and thank him for his help to Mineul. She did not now that she was in for a huge surprise.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

               Oh my gosh, what am I being nervous about? This is definitely nerve-wracking. I have this feeling inside me that something huge is gonna happen..

 

 

 

I LOVE THIS CHAPTER'S TITLE, DONT YA?!:)

Poor Mineul.. She's having the time of her life without knowing the big picture :( Don't worry, readers. Tiffany will be to-the-rescue in the next few chapters (and so is Leeteuk)! Everything will be critical from now.. Donghae's evil horns are getting longer but it will soon be cut-off by someone.. >:D