Wrong Moments

The Brain vs The Heart

“Oh come on, pistachio’s great, too.” Donghae scooped from his cup and offered the spoonful to Tiffany. “Here, try it,” he offered.

Tiffany just stared at the spoon in front of her with her head hurting in confusion and her heartbeat picking up its speed.

Donghae jerked the spoon in front of Tiffany once more and said, “It’s melting! Try it!”

Tiffany, being the good and decent girl she is, decided to just take the spoon from Donghae’s hand and feed herself.

Turned out, it was a wrong idea, too, after all. When Tiffany quickly reached to take the spoon from Donghae’s hand, she accidentally held Donghae’s hand instead.

In reflex, she threw her hand back, still leaving the spoon on Donghae’s hand. “So-Sorry!” she said as she clasped her hands together in embarrassment.

“Is this what Mineul referring to when she said ‘wrong moments’?” she asked herself one more time.

Donghae smiled and said, “It’s okay.” He looked at the now-quiet Tiffany and said, “Here,” as he reached to take Tiffany’s hand and gently place the spoon there.

Tiffany looked at the spoon in her hand and shoved it to afterwards. She nodded and said, “It is great,” complimenting on the pistachio flavor.

On the other hand, Donghae was looking at her weirdly.

“Wh-What?” Tiffany asked self-consciously.

Donghae kept his eyes on Tiffany’s face, “You have a..” He put his pointer finger in the corner of his lips and mumbled, “You have a..a little..”

“A what?”

Donghae reached over the table and his thumb landed on the corner of Tiffany’s lips. “You have something there,” he said as he wiped something (obviously, ice cream) from the corner of Tiffany’s lips.

Instantly, Tiffany lurched backwards and said, “I’ll do it.” She took a sheet of table napkin and began wiping like crazy.

Too late. already felt abandoned by the absence of Donghae’s touch. It was just his thumb that touched Tiffany’s lips but why won’t her heartbeat go back to normal?! “Is this what Mineul referring to when she said ‘wrong moments’?” she asked again and again and again.

Donghae giggled at her too obvious embarrassed actions.

Trying to distract herself, she went back to eating her ice cream and Donghae watched her. He laughed and cleared his throat, “Ahem.”

“What now?” Tiffany tilted her head to the side.

Donghae mischievously pointed to what Tiffany was eating.

“You want my ice cream?” Tiffany laughed.

“No, dummy! You’re using my spoon,” Donghae exaggeratedly pouted.

 

*Author’s note: It’s an indirect kiss! Wahhhh! :)))))*

 

Tiffany looked at the spoon in her hand and noticed that another spoon was on top of a napkin beside her—it was her original spoon.

“Omigosh~” Tiffany gasped.

Donghae just laughed at her expression.

“I’m so sorry,” Tiffany said as she stood up from her seat to go to the counter, “I’m going to get you a new one.”

Donghae grabbed her wrist to stop her.

She looked at him with a confused expression. “But..your spoon,” she muttered.

“My spoon,” Donghae took the spoon in Tiffany’s ice cream and continued, “is right here.” He waved it back and forth as if trying to tell Tiffany that she need not get him a new one.

Tiffany slowly sat back in a daze.

“So, Tiffany-ssi,” Donghae started again “It’s great that I met you here.”

Tiffany just continued finishing her ice cream—using her original spoon. She raised her head to look at Donghae who was shoving a spoonful to his mouth at the same time. Tiffany’s eyes followed Donghae’s original spoon, how he used it to scoop out ice cream, how he put it on his mouth, and did this repeatedly. “Is this what Mineul referring to when she said ‘wrong moments’?” she asked herself nonstop.

She swallowed. “Y-Yeah,” Tiffany stammered.

“In fact, I was about to call you and Leeteuk for dinner sooner or later,” Donghae said.

“Jinjja? Why?” she asked.

“I was planning to ask you for help,” Donghae said.

Tiffany just laughed.

“Oh come on, you’re not willing to help me out?” Donghae comically pouted.

“It depends,” Tiffany smiled. “What is it you want help for, anyways?”

“Can you help me win Mineul’s heart back?”

Tiffany did not expect to hear this from Donghae but what she did not expect the most was how her heart sank. How it felt like she just received a thousand stabs on her chest—on her heart.

“Is this what Mineul referring to when she said ‘wrong moments’?”

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

             It was time for him to do a reality check. “I had my chance and I.. blew it,” Donghae mumbled.

 

 

 

A SHORT (but hopefully read-worthy) UPDATE ! :)

Poor clueless Tiffany~ :( If I were Donghae, I'd find her actions cuuuute, though. :D She's so much like her friend but also so different in many ways. Aish~ *sigh* Donghae's actions are so dreamy, don't you all think? On the other hand, if I were Tiffany I'd fall harder for him, too! :) HAHAH! Hm. Tell me how y'all feel. Anyway, this update was inspired by the new comments that came in. I'M HONESTLY GRATEFUL TO ALL THOS WHO TAKE THE TIME TO LEAVE COMMENTS. Unfortunately, this is my last update for today but hopefully, I'll be back for yet another chapter tomorrow ;) Okay? Okay! *peace out* KOMAWO, READERS / SUBSCRIBERS / SUPPORTERS / COMMENT-ers!! (Is that even a word? :D) Saranghae, yeorobun!