'Is Anything Wrong With Me?'

The Brain vs The Heart

 

As he was walking away, I finally had the chance to loosen the tension on my shoulders and sigh a deep sigh. I sulked in the sofa and thought of how powerless I was against these two guys that are really special to me. My eyebrows met in the midst of my frustration but after a while, I caught myself smiling. Leeteuk caught me smiling. Great. He must think I’m some love sick person or whatever.

Leeteuk, sat next to me and said, “Thinking of someone? Looks like you’re turning into a lady now, Mineul. Aigoo~”

“I’m not!” I lied.

“Ehhh~ I’ll be sad ‘cause I won’t be able to have as much fun with you anymore if you become a lady,” he nudged his shoulder against mine.

 “Whatever. By the way, here’s your sunglasses,”

“Komawo, Minniiiiiie~”

“Stop it with the Minnie.”

“Make me, Minnie,” he’s being childish and mischievous. As always.

“Park Leeteuk-ssi, STOP. IT. NOW.”

“Aigoo~ Uri Minnie is soooo cute when she’s like this,” he pinched my cheek.

I rubbed my cheek after he pinched it and gave him a stare that would definitely make him drop the topic.

“Okay. Okay. I’ll stop. But… Yah, what are you thinking about, really?” Leeteuk asked again, this time more serious.

“Just..stuff.”

“Stuff like what?”

I stared at him.

“Am I not your best friend? You can tell me anything, you know that,” he reassured me.

“I’m not sure.”

“Oh, come on. Try me,” he flashed a smile that was sincere.

“Okay. I’ll ask you a question and you should swear to answer it truthfully and honestly, okay?”

He nodded fast many times. Up and down and up and down his head went. “I swear.”

I cleared my throat, “Is there anything wrong with me?” There. I said it.

“WHA--?! NO! NOT. AT. ALL.” Leeteuk answered in a way that would make anyone believe him. He was looking at me with disbelief in his eyes. “Is that all?!”

“Neh,” I answered without looking at him.

“Aigoo! Mineul-ah, babo ya!” He blurted and gestured as if he was going to hit me. “Whatever made you think of that stupid question?! ”

I cowered and kept my face hidden from him but still I managed to answer, “It’s just that.. Duh, as if it’s not obvious, I’m 25 for Christ’s sake?! And I haven’t been in a relationship my entire life. Ever!”

He was massaging the wrinkles that had formed between his eyebrows, “Then don’t think about it! You wouldn’t wanna lose yourself just because you were busy searching for someone to have a relationship with. If it’s meant to be, then it will be, Mineul-ah!”

I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I was touched. I finally looked at him and when he saw my face, his expression was priceless! “Yah, yah, yah! Don’t cry! You know what they’ll think of me when they see you crying, right? So, come on Mineul, stop that,” he said kind with both concern and irritation in his voice.

I dried my face. “Leeteuk-ssi,”

“Yeah?”

“You’re a blessing, thank you!”

“Aigoo, aigoo! Stop that, you’re giving me goosebumps! You’re freaking me out,” he said as he shook and shivered exaggeratedly but he was still smiling.

I punched him on the arm. Punched him lightly? No. I punched him for real that he gave out an “Ow. That hurt.”

“That’s for making me cry.”

“Yah, yah ,yah. You were the first one to ask a mushy question that can give anyone goosebumps,” he shivered exaggeratedly again.

“Whatever,” I laughed at his expression. “I should probably get going. Thanks, anyway!” I stood up and took my bag with me.

“Going already? Busier than Super Junior?” Donghae, who appeared out of nowhere, asked.

Leeteuk burst into laughter.

“Yes. No. Aigoo, jinjja~ I really need to go, sorry.”

Yes, but no, I don’t want to. I don’t want to but I have to. Ah, Donghae oppa!

“Bye, Donghae oppa! Bye, Leeteuk!”

 

I finally arrived at the agreed upon café. I approached a waiter, “Excuse me. I’m looking for--” I wasn’t able to finish my sentence as I felt someone hug me from the back. I turned to look and it was..

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

               "What should I do?” I sighed.

               “Don’t ask me, Min. Ask this,” she said as she pointed to my chest where my heart is.

               “Should I disregard this, then?” I pointed to my head where my brain is.