The Much-Anticipated

The Brain vs The Heart

-----DONGHAE’S POV-----

-----A FEW MINUTES AGO-----

“Yes. Yes, she is my girlfriend.”

“Yes. Yes, she is my girlfriend.”

“Yes. Yes, she is my girlfriend.”

“Yes. Yes, she is my girlfriend.”

“Yes. Yes, she is my girlfriend.”

I can’t keep Leeteuk’s voice out of my head for the rest of the night. Now, there’s a thin line between my sanity and me going nuts. Leeteuk and Mineul are already officially dating and..

I stopped myself at that thought.

Why should I care? Besides, I’m the one who intentionally hurt Mineul—a sweet and genuine and funny and caring and cute..

I caught myself and stopped at that thought. Again.

Gahhh! I’m going crazy.

Leeteuk hyung is currently off-limits, and so is Mineul, and her friend Tiffany and especially, Hyori noona. She has talked to me about my evil little scheme and she was generous enough to not tell it to anybody, except those concerned. I certainly believe that I don’t deserve this after all I’ve done.

Admittedly, I’ve been quite down and depressed for a few weeks now—unable to move on from the damage that my actions had caused and I can’t get myself to stop thinking how much I could’ve hurt Mineul.

In the contrary, now that I think about it, I’m unbelievably grateful to the heavens above for exposing my evil plans. I would’ve been a demon (with a tail, horns and a trident) now if I had not been stopped earlier. If not for that unfortunate incident, I would’ve never thought that at some point in my life, there are things far more important than my career (and hormones, for that matter) Keke~ :D

Even independence would be unknown to me. I always thought that I needed somebody to lean on, somebody to take care of me—even maybe the reason why I had liked Hyori noona (a much older noona) in the first place.

For now, I’m keeping my feelings somewhere far deep in my heart, wrapped around with paparazzi camera flashes, fancy large signborads with my name on it, a busy schedu--

“Oppa? Are you thinking about something?” Yoona asked, interrupting with my thoughts.

I looked at her with a blank expression and said, “Party’s over. I’ll take you home, Yoona.” I stood up and reached to my pocket for keys.

I did not care to look at Yoona but I can hear her footsteps as she followed me to the parking lot.

“Yes. Yes, she is my girlfriend.”

STOP! Leeteuk’s voice seemed like it’s deliberately bugging me. I was on the verge of insanity as I opened the passenger door for Yoona to hop in, when I heard a familiar and quite raging and furious voice.

“Yah! Lee Donghae! Two-face Yoona!”

I turned around and my eyes widened at the sight of..well.. uh..an angry Tiffany. I haven’t seen her since she heard me on the phone carelessly blabbering about my evil schemes. Looking at her now, a flash of scary and regretful memories spent chills down my spine.

Yoona, who was already inside the car, went out again and looked at Tiffany in shock. “Who are you?” she asked her.

“Why don’t you ask your ’Donghae oppa?!’” Tiffany fearlessly answered Yoona’s rude question.

Wait. Yeah, I’m totally sorry for all I’ve done to Mineul but what is Tiffany’s problem now? Right at this very moment, I. AM. PUZZLED. And all I could ever do was stand there like some sculpture staring at the vastness of nothingness.

“Oppa, who is this girl?” Yoona turned to me and asked.

Tiffany scoffed, “’This girl’?”

I muttered under my breath, “Tiffany-ssi..” Yeah, yeah, what a loser am I?!

“Oppa, she just called me a two-face!” Yoona irritatingly told on Tiffany like I wasn’t there with them.

“Aish! Yoona! Can you out for a while!” I screamed inside my head. A loser AND  coward, too.

“Wae?! Was that a lie?!” Tiffany challenged.

 “Yoona, take my car and go home already. I’ll take care of this, go!” I handed Yoona my keys. I wouldn’t want to involve any more people in this black hole I’ve created. I need to fix this mess and it starts now.

“But--” stubborn Yoona still wanted to reason out and make useless excuses.

“Just go, Yoona!” I told her.

“Yeah, you better! Run, before I expose your schemes to your beloved ‘Donghae oppa’!” Tiffany crossed her arms on her chest asYoona followed my orders.

When we were finally alone, I came and walked closer to Tiffany. I asked her, “What were you talking about, Tiffany-ssi?”

“Ask that two-face! Just stay away from Mineul, okay? You’ve hurt her already and don’t make the situation worse. Just protect your image, Mr. Superstar, and I will just protect my best friend.”

Ouch! Did she really have to rub it in my face?

Yeah, she had to and Tiffany has got every reason to do so. Isoooo totally deserve a lot worse than this and I have absolutely no right to complain.

“Look, Tiffany-ssi, I already feel bad about what I did to Mineul and--”

“You should feel bad! You deliberately hurt her!” Tiffany cut me off midsentence and once again, rubbing it in my face. The tone of her voice did not make me feel any better.

“Just..let me continue, ‘kay?” I politely asked her before continuing, “I regret what I did and if given the chance, I would like to undo it but I know I can’t..”

I’m not lying and every word that had come out of my mouth was nothing but the truth. I feel bad already. Heavens, help me! Forgive me!

“Neh, you can’t. The damage was done and I don’t care if you feel guilty or what because you deserve it! Just stay away from Mineul! Stay away from my friend!” Tiffany yelled at me angrily but I did not miss the tears forming in her eyes.

I opened my mouth to say something but she stomped away, driving off.

“I’m terribly sorry.” That was what I wanted to say to her. To Leeteuk hyung.And especially to Mineul. I AM SINCERELY SORRY. I know no one can hear me now except the heavens above and I can only hope & pray for the strength and courage to say this personally to the people to whom I owed it to.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

             After a minute, I rushed outside and I was right, it was Leeteuk. Bummer! He’s not alone, he’s with a driver. This means that we have to pretend that we were together—together as in dating. Aish!

             I hopped in the back seat and sat beside Leeteuk.

            “Good morning,” he leaned forward and pecked me on the cheek.

 

 

 

OKAY, NOW I FEEL GUILTY.. :'(

Lee *sniff* Donghae~ We forgive you *sniff* now.. Aww, poor Donghae.. Feeling guilty and regretful and stuff.. :( But it  really makes me sile whenever he gets kinds jealous about Leeteuk and Mineul being together. It's so cute and funny of him to try really hard in keeping Leeteuk's voice out of his head. Keke~ :D Whadya think about this, readers? Tell me! Tell me! :)) Anyway, this is the last chapter for today but I hope that you still continue loving this fanfic of mine.. Enjoy reading! ^^v *peace out*