My Brain & My Heart

The Brain vs The Heart

 

“Min!”

“Tiffany, I missed you!” I hugged my best gal pal.

“How have you been without me, huh?!” Tiffany smugly asked as we let go of the hug.

“Hell.” We were seated now.

“I know. HAHA!” She gave me this phenomenal wink of hers. God, I just wish I was as beautiful, as rich and as lucky as her. But I love this girl, so no rivalries or jealousy or whatsoever. Just what ifs.

Tiffany is the one and only person that knew about my feelings for Donghae. She’s been my shock absorber since forever and having her a month away from me made a huge impact in my Donghae life. As the future heiress of their company, she was called in replacement of her father slash the CEO who took a one-month-leave because of a business trip. I was like a clammed up shell without anyone to talk to about my unrequited love because she was sooooo busy.

Tiffany comes from a rich family and that’s how we met. My father once worked with her father while we were still young. Also, she and Leeteuk go way back as even their mothers were childhood friends also. He and Leeteuk are friends, but not as close as me and Leeteuk, though.

I’m now studying in a prestigious college alongside Tiffany and it was all thanks to her. Though I can’t afford my school, Tiffany won’t allow me to study in a different university so she insisted that she pay for my fees. At first, who would agree? We almost got into a fight because I refused her offer but as I weighed the pros and cons I finally agreed to accept it in one condition—she’ll allow me to pay it all back once I graduate and start to work.

“Updates, Mineul! Updates please!” she almost squealed in excitement to hear any story I have about Donghae.

“Nothing. Just the same.”

”What?! You did not make any move or whatsoever?!” She was pertaining to making a move to Donghae. Aish, her too modern beliefs.

“No,” I took a sip of coffee then looked out the window.

“Wait, wait. I can’t believe this. It’s been over a year, Min!”

“I know. More than a year. What should I do?” I sighed.

“Don’t ask me, Min. Ask this,” she said as she pointed to my chest where my heart is.

“You know very well, I’m not properly acquainted with this, don’t you?” I asked her as I placed my right palm on my left chest.

She let out a sigh. “I know, dear. But you have to get to know that thing inside you now! Only your heart can tell you what you really want to do. Nothing else,” she reached out to touch my hand.

I just stared at her hopelessly. I know to myself what my heart wanted and that is to be with Donghae.

“Should I disregard this, then?” I pointed to my head where my brain is.

Tiffany pondered on my question and after a while she said, “Well, I don’t know. What if your heart and you brain are perfectly in synch? Why should you disregard one or the other when they both want the same thing?”

I nodded in response to what she said. Then are these two things inside me in synch? Do they agree with each other? I don’t know, I. DON’T. KNOW. One thing’s for sure—I need to find out. I need to figure out whether these two things inside me agree to one thing. I’m very certain that my heart shouts “Donghae!” but will I hear the same when I listen to what’s inside my head? What if it’s different?

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

                “Oppa, what’s wrong?”

                “Have you talked to Leeteuk hyung already?”

                “Aniyo. I tried to call him a while ago but I wasn’t able to talk to him—just Hyori unnie. Why?”

                “Did she tell you anything important?”

                “Aniyo,” wait, wait , wait. It’s starting to feel like an interrogation. “What’s going on, oppa? You guys are acting weird and you haven’t answered any of my questions yet.”