HaeFa- what?!

The Brain vs The Heart

When Leeteuk was finally outside the building, he quickly texted Mineul about his conversation with Donghae. Shortly after he hit ‘Send,’ he got a reply from her.

 

From: Minnie

MWOH?! We worked hard to make this convincing and now you’re here texting me about how you told Donghae the whole truth? Aish! Park Leeteuk! :’(

 

“Oh, she’s gonna understand,” Leeteuk muttered to himself. He knew Mineul would definitely understand. Besides, Mineul’s been acting weird lately—probably getting tired of the image we’ve been keeping up, tired of pretending. “It’s for you, Minnie,” Leeteuk thought, “It’s always been for you. Everything I do’s for you. Seems like we’re back to being just best friends.”

Onn the other hand, after a few days of contemplating, Donghae had mustered up the courage to talk to Mineul over the phone and ask for her apology. For now, that’s what he’s only capable of doing. Finding the courage to personally talk to her is still out of the question. Although, it was a great relief for him to hear that Mineul had also forgiven him already.

Donghae had his hoodie on matched with a pair of big eyeglasses to cover up his face, walking along the streets of Seoul. He was craving for ice cream like some little boy so he took the time to walk to the ice cream parlor.

“Uhm,” Donghae tried to choose from the wide array of flavors in front of him. “I’ll have the pistachio flavor, please,” Donghae finally decided as he pointed on a greenish-colored flavor of ice cream. The lady handed him a pint of ice cream and Donghae took in a spoonful even before reaching to his pockets to pay for it.

“Thank you, sir!” the lady bowed.

Donghae, with his ice cream on one hand, was looking around for a vacant seat that he could occupy when he heard a too familiar voice saying, “Strawberry flavor, for me, as always!” Donghae heard the same voice giggle—must be a regular here.

He turned around and searched the face of the voice’s owner and there she was—Donghae was right. Tiffany Hwang’s voice. The last time they met was during the SME event—when Tiffany furiously threatened him to stay away from her friend, Mineul.

Donghae swallowed hard before approaching her. “Tiffany-ssi?”

Tiffany looked at him but the expression on her face told Donghae that she could not recognize him what with the hoodie and the eyeglasses. “Do I know you?” Tiffany tilted her head to the side.

Donghae leaned in forward to whisper, “Lee. Dong. Hae.”

Tiffany took a step back with a hand covering in shock. “D-Donghae-ssi,” she mumbled. Unexpectedly, her heart banged violently against her ribs.

“Yes, it’s me. Sssshhh,” Donghae whispered. “Care to eat together?” Donghae held up the ice cream on his hand.

“S-Sure,” Tiffany stuttered as her whole body stiffened.

Donghae turned around and started walking towards en empty table but he noticed that Tiffany wasn’t beside him nor behind him, following him. He looked back and saw Tiffany unmoving from where she stood. Donghae’s eyebrows met in confusion. He walked back towards Tiffany. “Tiffany-ssi?”

“N-Neh?”

“Let’s go there!” Donghae pointed before he grabbed Tiffany’s forearm and pulled her along.

When they were seated, Tiffany’s hand shivered as she shoved a spoonful of her ice cream to . “Is this what Mineul referring to when she said ‘wrong moments’?” she asked herself. She put a palm over her chest as her heart won’t stop beating like craaaazy and like it had a mind of its own.

“Are you okay?” Donghae asked with ice cream on his mouth, interrupting with Tiffany’s thoughts.

Tiffany quickly removed her palm from her chest and lied, “Yeah, I’m tooootally fine!” she let out a nervous laugh.

Donghae nodded but was not absolutely convinced by Tiffany’s answer. “So,” he started, “how have you been?”

“Same old same old,” Tiffany shrugged before resuming to eating her ice cream.

Donghae slowly nodded before swallowing hard and asking, “Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“Are you still mad at me?”

Tiffany who was focused on her ice cream was taken aback by Donghae’s straightforward question. “N-Neh?”

“I mean, the last time we met was.. well.. I mean, it did not turn out well,” Donghae tried hard to find the right words.

“Oh,” Tiffany remembered.

“So..? Are you still mad?”

“No,” Tiffany shook her head with a pretty eye smile.

“Whew~” the tension on Donghae’s shoulders loosened.

“I don’t hold grudges,” Tiffany said while playing with her ice cream.

“Thank you AND sorry,” Donghae lowered his head.

“Let’s all be adults about it and--”

“Move on?” Donghae guessed.

Tiffany’s head shot up and her eyes met with Donghae who was waiting for her to look at him but she quickly looked away. A hint of pink formed in her cheeks. “Y-Yes. Move on.”

Donghae ate a spoonful of his own ice cream oblivious of the war inside Tiffany’s heart.

For a moment, there was complete silence between the two but suddenly, Donghae spoke up, “Can I try your flavor?” He pointed at Tiffany’s cup with his spoon.

“Sure,” Tiffany held out her cup as Donghae dug his spoon in it.

“Yum,” Donghae his lips trying to savor the different taste of Tiffany’s ice cream. “Wanna try mine?” Donghae held out his cup.

Tiffany stared at Donghae’s lips for a few moments and thought, “His lips are--- Aish! What am I thinking about?!” She snap out of it shortly afterwards. Tiffany shook his head and refused Donghae’s offeer, “No, thanks.”

“Is this what Mineul referring to when she said ‘wrong moments’?” she asked herself again.

“Oh come on, pistachio’s great, too.” Donghae scooped from his cup and offered the spoonful to Tiffany. “Here, try it,” he offered.

 

..to be continued..

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

             Donghae reached over the table and his thumb landed on the corner of Tiffany’s lips. “You have something there,” he said as he wiped something (obviously, ice cream) from the corner of Tiffany’s lips.

            Instantly, Tiffany lurched backwards and said, “I’ll do it.” She took a sheet of table napkin and began wiping like crazy.

 

 

 

SO.. I HOPE YOU'LL SUPPORT THIS 'COUPLE,' TOO! ^_^

Readers, are there any HaeFany fans and shippers out there? I hope I can make this work.. They'll be quite the main characters for the next chapters but of course, they're NOT the REAL main characters. Teukkie and Minnie are~ But  show them some love, 'kay? It's kinda crazy because if I don't cut this chapter it'll be loooong so I did the 'to be continued' thing (so that you'll anticipate the next chapter, too)! HAHAHA! :D I wanna hear your reactions, as always! TA-TA FOR NOW! ^^v