An Extraordinary Night

The Brain vs The Heart

After swaying from the topic of the problems in being in a relationship with each other, Leeteuk and Mineul walked back to their rooms at 9:45PM.

“I’m done brushing my teeth and washing my face, you can use the bathroom now,” Mineul came out of the bathroom and sat on the bed.

“I’m gonna take another shower, wanna join me?” Leeteuk teased.

Mineul just rolled her eyes and laughed, “Eeew. Neat freak!”

Leeteuk laughed and headed to the bathroom. He stripped off his clothes and the shower. “This is my first night with Mineul in the same bed,” he thought but he did not know how to feel—happy? Excited? Awkward? Careful? He sighed at his own confusion and sang a song instead while taking a shower, trying to distract himself from such thoughts.

Outside, Mineul had already changed into her night attire—shorts and sleeveless tank top. Like her beau, she was gravely worried and unsure of what will happen tonight. She shut her eyes tightly trying to sleep before Leeteuk comes out of the bathroom. Her thoughts seemed inappropriate for her own mind.

Shortly after, she heard Leeteuk come out of the shower and it made her heart beat crazily. She was still not asleep, but she will do her best for Leeteuk not to notice it.

Mineul was under the blanket and was awkwardly in a snuggled position. She felt Leeteuk walk up to the bed and it gave her goose bumps when she felt the blankets being lifted, exposing her legs and arms.

Leeteuk slipped an arm under Mineul’s waist and this made her tensed and stiff. “I know you’re awake,” Leeteuk whispered and her ear felt like it developed a thousand more nerve endings.

He pulled her closer to his chest and pulled the blanket over their bodies.

She slowly opened her eyes and realized that her face was just a few inches from Leeteuk’s. She smiled at Leeteuk sheepishly.

Leeteuk laughed and the familiar sweet scent of his breath made Mineul go totally crazy and out of control. She unconsciously reached her face up to Leeteuk’s and she kissed him slowly. The taste of toothpaste from his lips disconnected Mineul’s brain from her body and she did things she did not know she was doing.

Leeteuk replied her kisses and wrapped his other arm on Mineul’s shoulders pressing her body against his.

Mineul put both her hands against his chest, occasionally pulling the cloth away from his chest whenever Leeteuk’s lips surprised her. She pulled away to catch her breath and it was Leeteuk’s turn to make the move first.

He pulled her in for another kiss. “Icankissyouallday,” he quickly said as he tried to catch his breath. He went back to business.

Mineul giggled but Leeteuk’s soft lips against hers shushed her and a little groan escaped her lips.

She pulled away, embarrassed by the sound that she made.

Leeteuk looked at her in confusion and said, “What’s wrong?”

Mineul shook her head with a smile and quickly brushed her lips across Leeteuk’s for the last time. “Good night, Leeteuk-ah.”

“Oh,” was all he can say. Leeteuk bit his lip and half-smiled.

Mineul removed her hands from his chest and hugged him to snuggle closer. She buried her cheek in Leeteuk’s chest and felt him inhale and exhale. She closed her eyes with a smile.

Leeteuk gently her hair repeatedly and whispered, “My Minnie.” He drifted off to sleep with Mineul’s head in his chest. Leeteuk’s one arm secured Mineul’s shoulders against his body and one arm was under his head.

Meanwhile in the other room..

It was 10:30PM but Tiffany was still tossing and turning in her bed. She can’t sleep and she knows why.

Donghae’s back was facing her but he was as awake as Tiffany is.

“Donghae?” Tiffany whispered.

Donghae did not reply and pretended to be asleep. His eyes were wide open, though.

“You’re asleep already,” he heard Tiffany say. Donghae did not miss the slight disappointment in her voice.

“Good for me,” Tiffany said.

Unexpectedly, even though Donghae lied still and motionless he felt a mild pang in his heart upon hearing this. This was something new for him. Donghae decided to close his eyes but with Tiffany saying things, he can’t get himself to sleep. He wanted to hear more of Tiffany’s random babbles.

“Lee. Dong. Hae,” Tiffany said as she pretended to write his name on the ceiling with her pointer finger. “Cho.ha.hae, (I like you)” she continued her little game.

Donghae’s eyes opened then widened. Suddenly, he wanted to hear more.

“Lee. Dong. Hae. Don’t. Be. Close. To. Me.”

Donghae’s eyebrows met. “Why?” he wanted to ask but remained still.

Once again, Tiffany appeared to have heard his thoughts. “I. Don’t. Want. To. Fall. For. You.”

“Why?”

“You. Don’t. See. Me. Tiffany. Hwang. I’m. No. One.”

“Huh?”

“You. Me. Impossible,” he heard Tiffany laugh bitterly. “But..”

“But what?”

“But. Still..” Tiffany heaved a deep sigh that can be heard all over the room. “But. Still. I. Like. You.”

“I know,” Donghae spoke up and turned to face Tiffany.

Tiffany covered in surprise and turned her back on him. “You heard it all,” she said, still with that bitterness.

“I knew it since the night you slept in my car,” Donghae himself did not know what has gotten into him but what he knows for sure is that he’s not in his best mood.

“I’m such a babo,” Tiffany mumbled but he heard it. “You tricked me.”

“You like me,” Donghae said with confidence. Was he drunk? What was he saying?!

“But you’re turning me off,” Tiffany yelled.

“Am I, really? Then forgive me.”

“MWOH?! WAE?!” Tiffany finally faced him with much confusion in her eyes.

“Because.. you’re not no one to me. It’s not impossible.”

Donghae’s words rendered Tiffany speechless. “Am I hearing what I think I’m hearing?” Tiffany thought.

“Good night, Tiffany-ssi.”

Right then and there, Tiffany knew that she will be having a hard time sleeping.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

 

 

 

O_O

5 MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE THE ENDING! I can't say anything. This chapter is so... IDONTKNOW! Too many things happened. GAH! Please forgive me.. I'm utterly embarrassed. Just tell me what you think on the comment box, please? *covers her face*