Through the Eyes of a Loyal Friend

The Brain vs The Heart

 -----TIFFANY’S POV-----

“Good morning, Mr. Baek! Did you get the information I need?”

Yes, Ms. Hwang! I’ll e-mail it to you right away.”

“Komawo. Bye.”

I went to check my e-mail and there it was…Super Junior’s address.

I made another call, “Hello, Song ahjussi?”

Yes, Ms. Hwang?”

“Please pick me up here at my house exactly 2 hours from now.”

Yes, Ms. Hwang. I will.”

“See you, then, Song ahjussi. Kamsahamnida~” I ended the call and started preparing.

Today, I will pay Lee Donghae a visit to thank him for keeping my friend Mineul happy. Super Junior’s dorm. Hm. I was looking at myself in the mirror after my 3rd change of outfit. I laughed at myself because I was prettying myself up too much in hopes to see my idol-slash-my crush—Choi Siwon. I scolded myself quietly and laughed.

Moments later, Song ahjussi arrived and complimented me with a “Good morning, Ms. Hwang. You look lovely as ever.”

“Aigoo, Song ahjussi. Kamsahamnida,” though I know he was using flattery because all that I was wearing were jeans and a simple blouse. *outfit*

On the way there, I rehearsed my lines—what to say to Lee Donghae. This was definitely my first time meeting him and add to that, he’s not just anyone—he is famous.

Good morning, Lee Donghae-ssi. I just want to thank you for..”

So you are the Lee Donghae I’ve heard so much about from Mineul..”

Mineul had told me how you’ve been going out and..”

SUPER JUNIOR! OPPA, SARANGHAE! By the way, where’s Siwon oppa?”

Keke~ I was embarrassed by my own thoughts. :D Aish! Whatever. I just hope I won’t embarrass myself. After all, I will only visit to thank him. That’s all. I’ll just keep it formal, short and sweet. Whew. This is stressing me out. I wiped a drop of sweat forming on my forehead. Oh my gosh, what am I being nervous about? This is definitely nerve-wracking. I have this feeling inside me that something huge is gonna happen.. Mwoh? Meet Siwon oppa? Get tongue-tied? Embarrass myself? Be star struck? I DON’T KNOW! GAHH!

“Ms. Hwang, we’re here.”

“Ehhh?! That fast?!”

Song ahjussi was puzzled by my reaction but still answered, “Yes, Ms. Hwang,” with a smile.

Before I went out of the car, I reminded Song ahjussi, “I’ll just call you when to pick me up right here, arasseoyo, Song ahjussi?”

“Yes, Ms. Hwang.”

Okay.. This is it.. Knock knock.

Someone quickly opened the door for me, “Yes?”

My jaw dropped to the floor. Super Junior Siwon. I stood there frozen.

“Good morning,” I swallowed, “I’m Tiffany Hwang I’m a friend of Leeteuk’s and Mineul’s.”

“Good morning,” he bowed, “I’m Choi Siwon.”

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! I bowed back.

“I’m afraid that Leeteuk hyung doesn’t live here anymore.”

“Ah, neh. But I came here for Lee Donghae-ssi. Is he in?”

He was obviously confused, “Uh, yes.. Please come in.”

“Thank you,” I went inside and he seated me on their living room couch.

He then went inside—probably called Donghae. And when he came out, he came up to me and said, “I have to leave.. filming.. you know,” while gesturing to the door.

I stood up and bowed, “Ah, neh. Thank you.”

“It was a pleasure meeting you, Ms. Tiffany Hwang.”

“Same here, bye!”

“Bye!” then he disappeared.

I sat back down, having my private celebration about meeting and having a mini-conversation with Super Junior Siwon, when Lee Donghae appeared.

I stood up and bowed, “Good morning, I’m Tiffany Hwang.”

“Lee Donghae,” we shook hands.

We sat down and I started, “I’m Mineul’s friend.”

“Ah, jinjja?”

I nodded and continued, “I just came to visit to say thank you,” I did a 90o bow.

“Neh?!”

“Mineul told me stories about how you had helped her and..”

“Aigoo~ No need to thank me. I’m sure you know how friends tend to feel obliged to cheer up their friend whenever they have problems, right?” he asked. His phone rang and he rejected the call.

“Are you not going to answer the call? It’s fine with me.”

“Aniyo. It’s not important. Going back..” he nervously smiled

“Ah. Yes,” I started feeling that guilt again, “that’s why I’m here.. because you were there for Mineul when Leeteuk and I were not. Thank you for that. And on behalf of me and Mineul, I would also like to apologize for the articles in the Internet. You were trying to help, but you got in trouble,” I bowed again.

“Aniyo, the rumors are gonna die out soon and eventually.”

Well, I must say that Lee Donghae is unexpectedly kind and understanding. Hm. Oh well, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

I stood up and prepared to say goodbye when his phone rang again. Also, he rejected it one more time.

“I should be going,” I said, “it was nice meeting you, Lee Donghae-ssi. Mianhajiman, kamsahamnida.”

“Same here. Tell Mineul, I’m sorry for what happened last time,”

“I will,” I waved goodbye and when I was outside, I reached for my handbag to call Song ahjussi. Much to my surprise, I left my cellphone.

When I was about to knock, I realized that the door was open so I entered but I overheard Lee Donghae-ssi talking to someone over the phone.. he probably answered the call that he had rejected twice.

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

              Time is ticking and it’s only a few hours away. A few hours from now, I shall be doing the most heroic but also the most terrible thing to a friend.

 

 

GO, TIFFANY HWANG!:)

Ain't she a good friend? I like her! *actually my bias* :D Next chapter is a direct continuation of this chapter and Tiffany will be, well, FEARLESS. I'm so proud of her! :) THANK YOU FOR LEAVING YOUR COMMENTS, SUBSCRIBERS! I wanna hug y'all, you are inspiring me and keeping me on fire for this fanfic.. :)) *bow*