Weird & Mysterious 'Oppa'

The Brain vs The Heart

Ouch. He caught me and I was blushing again. I’m 100% sure he caught me staring—staring at him like an idiot. I never saw that one coming. AHH! Mineul-ah you’re such a babo! For a few seconds, I closed my eyes in frustration but when I opened it, I was again surprised. He was staring at me, too!

“Mineul. Can I..can I  call you Mineul-ah?? Instead of Mineul-ssi..?”

I just stared at him, perplexed.

“Mineul-ssi??” He was seriously waiting for my answer. He was studying me so closely as if I was going to say something of high importance. Donghae is so close, I can smell him. He squinted, making his eyes even narrower. Oooooh, those eyes! His natural fragrance and his face so close with mine naturally made me wanna steal a teeny tiny peck on his lips but NO! It will ruin everything!

Since he put his face closer to mine, my shoulders became tensed. My eyes glued to this serene face in front of me. As soon as I realized how close our faces already were, I moved a little farther from him in one quick movement.

“You decide,” I answered thumbing through my hair and not looking at him. Awkward was the word. I really don’t know what to say. I was feeling comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time. Excited but nervous. Oh, my heart, calm down!

“Okay, Mineul-ah. Less formal,” He put his hands inside his pockets then sat back, stretched his neck muscles and laid his head against the sofa.

I can’t believe how he can wow me just by doing that very simple, very trivial thing. Maybe, I should get myself checked-up. Maybe, I was going crazy. I shivered at the thought.

“I’ll still call you Minnie!” Leeteuk came out of the blue. He was just wearing shorts and his towel hung around his neck. His hair was still wet and messy.

I threw him a sofa pillow and said, “Go dress up first! Minnie, my foot!” I muttered under my breath.

He was heading inside his room but he still managed to shout, “Yes, Minnie. Uri Minnie. Right, Donghae??” His voice faded from the corridors of their dorm.

“Neh, hyung~” Donghae answered with his head still laying back on the sofa.

“By the way, where are the others, Donghae-ssi?” I turned to ask him. Awkwardness, go away please!! Leeteuk, dress up faster and come here outside.

Donghae-ssi?! Don’t call me that. Call me Donghae oppa.” He finally sat up again. Even though the words that came out of his lips were casual, his presence was, as always, cold & uninterested.

“You didn’t answer my question,” I mumbled then pouted.

“Because you didn’t answer mine” He crossed his arms over his chest and stared me intently in the eye. He sat back, still looking at me.

Okay, now I’m confused. What question was he talking about?? The one I didn’t answer? Then it struck me. AHA! I remembered he asked me, “So, who is it?? The one you like..??” I cringed at the thought of him knowing the answer.

Good thing, that wasn’t our topic anymore or I’ll be dying of frustration by now. So, I went on with the oppa thing, “Why should I call you oppa??”

“Cause I’m still older than you, Mineul-ah.”

Even though I have been dying to call him that, I am still a girl so I held my pride and followed what my brain told me to do. REFUSE. I tried to refuse, “No you’re not! We were born on the same year.”

“A few months. I’m older than you for a few months.”

Giving up, I said, “Arasseoyo, Donghae oppa!”I gave him a gummy smile then I sat back and wiped the smile off of my face. I hit myself in the head and said, “Aish~ Jinjja!”

He stood up, probably contented with his victory. But before he went away, he reached out to pat my head. He then went to their kitchen without uttering a single word. Not even a single cold word.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

               I cowered and kept my face hidden from him but still I managed to answer, “It’s just that.. Duh, as if it’s not obvious, I’m 25 for Christ’s sake?! And I haven’t been in a relationship my entire life. Ever!”