When A Girl Is In Love..

The Brain vs The Heart

As soon as Tiffany reached her room, she used their home phone to contact Mineul.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Min!” she yelled at the phone, recognizing her friend’s voice.

“TIFFANY HWANG!” Mineul yelled at the other end of the line.

“YAH! You hurt my ear!” Tiffany laughed.

Mineul laughed with her and said, “You’ve got some stories to tell.”

“Mwoh?!”

“How was last night with Donghae oppa?” Mineul teased with an interesting tone.

“How did you know?!”

“He called me last night and he was.. well.. worried.”

“He was?” Tiffany giddily asked.

“YAH, YAH, YAH! What’s with the sudden excitement?”

“Aish! Are you free today?”

“Of course, I am! Today’s our scheduled catch-up talk, remember? I’ve got some stoooories to tell, too,” Mineul singsonged.

“Wha--? Ah~ Yeah, I remember,” Tiffany lied. Too much had happened since last night until earlier today and her mind (and heart) as preoccupied.

“You’re lyiiiiing,” Mineul accused.

Tiffany nervously laughed and said, “Anyway, my parents will be out after lunch. You can drop by here at that time for catching up. That okay?”

“Okay! I’ll see you, bye,”

“Bye!” The two friends hung up and Tiffany got up from sitting on her bed and went inside her bathroom. She checked her face in all possible angles and sighed, “Last night was kinda blurry. I hope I did not talk about liking him when I was drunk or asleep.”

She undressed herself and took a bath.

After lunch with her parents, she kissed them goodbye and brushed her teeth while she waited for Mineul. Suddenly, their doorbell rang and Tiffany quickly ran downstairs to get the door—she knows it’s Mineul.

“Min?” she opened the door.

“Oh, yeah, it’s none other than me,” Mineul laughed. “Gosh! Were you that drunk last night?!” Mineul commented when she took in the sight of Tiffany’s face.

“Wae? Waeyo? Wae?” Tiffany covered her face as Mineul pushed her way in.

“Nothing in particular but the whole aura that your face gives off is…” Mineul held her chin, thinking of the right term.

Tiffany sat on the couch beside Mineul. “Haggard?” Tiffany guessed.

“Kinda,” Mineul agreed, but not quite satisfied.

“Stressed and zombie-like?”

“Yes, but not quite.. Aish! I can’t find the right term!” Mineul whined.

“Anyway, enough of this guessing game. Have you had lunch?” Tiffany asked.

“Yep, let’s just buy snacks later,” Mineul suggested.

“Okay. So who goes first?” Tiffany started.

“First to what?”

“To tell a story! You go first! So how’s work? How’s life? How’s your love life?” Tiffany said.

Mineul giggled and playfully slapped Tiffany’s arm. “Well, it’s confirmed,” she sighed.

“What is confirmed?”

“Leeteuk.. he likes me, too. He loves me, he said.”

“Jinjja? Jinjja? I told you!” Tiffany folded her arms across her chest and raised her chin. “Go on and give me every single detail!”

 

----- FLASHBACK-----

Leeteuk used his free hand to caress Mineul’s cheek and say, “I love you. I love my best friend. And I’ll be waiting..”

Mineul felt electric endings on her cheek and she closed her eyes as a tear fell from her eye. She did not know that the happiest moment in her life would be on with Leeteuk—finding out that the guy you love, loves you back. Mineul raised her other hand to touch Leeteuk’s hand on her face and press it harder against her cheek.

She heard Leeteuk gasp and she opened her eyes. “This is how I feel,” Mineul sobbed.

Leeteuk wiped a tear from her cheek and said, “I guess I did not have to wait anymore.”

Despite the tears, Mineul smiled and so did Leeteuk. They just stared at each other for a couple of moments and they were satisfied just by that. It was mutual—a moment with a few words but a lot of emotions. You feel it and you know the other person feels it, too.

“I’ll take you home, it’s getting late. I’ll go get my car,” Leeteuk kissed her hand before standing up.

-----END OF FLASHBACK-----

 

“That’s it?!” Tiffany interrupted.

“Aish! It’s not yet finished. Be quiet and listen to me, first!” Mineul laughed.

“Alright, carry on,” Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“He drove me home and while we were inside the car..”

 

-----FLASHBACK-----

“I hope I did not shock you with my confession,” Leeteuk said with his eyes on the road.

“Well, I was shocked but I was more relieved than shocked,” Mineul confessed while looking out the window.

“Relieved? You love me that much?!” Leeteuk joked.

“Yah! Do you want me to take that back and just pull over?” Mineul laughed.

“You know I was just joking,” Leeteuk looked in to her eyes for a second and put his eyes back on the road.

Her heart almost jumped out of her chest during that second their eyes met. At first, she pertained to it as the ‘wrong moments’ but now it’s different. Completely different. And referring to it as the ‘perfect moments’ seemed more suitable and appropriate.

“Komawo, Teuk-ah,” Mineul sincerely said.

“Komawo?!”

“For waiting, for enduring, for acknowledging me as someone who’s worth your love and attention,” Mineul started to tear up.

“That goes with the package. The package you carry when you love someone,” Leeteuk said confidently and unashamed.

“It does?”

Leeteuk nodded.

“Then I guess I’ll have myself acquainted with that package,” Mineul whispered.

“What did you say?” Leeteuk asked.

“I said, I love you, Park Leeteuk!” Mineul said.

Leeteuk hit the brakes and pulled over. “Minnie..”

“Mwoh?”

“Since a while ago, you told me how you felt but this was the first time.. The first time that those words came out of your lips,” Leeteuk’s hands trembled as she reached for Mineul’s hand.

“It’s true, though. I. LOVE. YOU,” Mineul said one more time and Leeteuk smiled then raised his hands to..

-----END OF FLASHBACK-----

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

 

 

 

COUNTDOWN! START!

 

*gasp* What is Leeteuk planning to do? Sorry for the cliffhanger ^^v Like TeukMin loves each other, I LOVE YOU, too, readers! The countdown starts because I will end this fanfic and Chapter 50 will be its last. 10 MORE CHAPTERS TO GO BEFORE WRAPPING UP :( :) I don’t know how to feel—happy? Sad? Hmm.. In advance, I want to thank you all for the support.  Anyway, it's kinda foregin for me to write about skinship Keke~ It was so awkward for me, too! XD I wanna hear from you, readers! Until my next update, annyeong! *waves*