@#$%^&*?!

The Brain vs The Heart

“Hello?”

“Hello, who’s this?” asked the sweet buttery voice of the lady on the other line.

“It’s Mineul. Choi Mineul. I’m Leeteuk’s friend. May I ask who’s this?”

“Aigoo. Mianhae. Annyeonghaseyo, this is Lee Hyori.”

“Lee Hyori?”

“Neh. Leeteuk-ssi’s manager noona.”

“Oh neh, neh. Annyeonghaseyo. Can I speak to Leeteuk?”

“Sorry, Choi Mineul-ssi. I don’t think Leeteuk would want to talk to anybody right now,” she said in an apologetic soft tone.

“Oh. I see.”

“Mianhamnida, Choi Mineul-ssi. You can just personally talk to him sometime.  Sorry, bye.”

“No, no, it’s alright. Thank you, bye.” I dropped the call. What on earth is happening? I’m the bestfriend and I’m totally clueless?! I’m here at school and it was my free time so I decided to call Leeteuk. Bad luck. Hm.

I was curious about what’s happening that I can’t even talk to Leeteuk. Hours later, I was playing with my cellphone in the cafeteria table. Obviously bored. Really jinxed when..

Kring kring. Suddenly, my phone went off ringing. It was Donghae’s ringtone. Wait, wait, why should he be calling me? I’ll never know unless I answer the call.

“Donghae-ssi? I mean, Donghae oppa?”

Mineul-ah, where are you right now?” there was some sense of urgency in the tone of his voice.

“School cafeteria, waeyo oppa?”

“Do you have classes because I really need to talk to you. Urgent.” There. He confirmed it.

“Uhm, no. I don’t.”

Then I’ll see you at your school gate in a few minutes. I’m on my way.” He dropped the call.

“May I ask....” he dropped the call before I can even ask why but I hurriedly fixed my things and walked fast to the school gate. What’s happening?

I finally arrived in the school gate but when I looked around, Donghae oppa wasn’t there. Kring kring. My phone went off again.

It was Donghae oppa. “I’m in the black car in front of you right now. Hurry, Mineul-ah.” Oh, now I know. He was a Super Junior member and Super Junior members don’t just go around school campuses un-camouflaged. They’ll create quite a scene. Anyway, I obeyed his orders and went inside the car as fast as I can.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?”

“Have you talked to Leeteuk hyung already?”

“Aniyo. I tried to call him a while ago but I wasn’t able to talk to him—just Hyori unnie. Why?”

“Did she tell you anything important?”

"Aniyo,” wait, wait , wait. It’s starting to feel like an interrogation. “What’s going on, oppa? You guys are acting weird and you haven’t answered any of my questions yet.”

“Leeteuk is moving out,” he said with remorse and loneliness in his eyes.

“Wha--?! Why?! Waeyo, oppa? Tell me.” None of this is making any sense.

“We fought. So he decided to move out—to clear his head. To let things fall into their places.”

“When you say ‘we,’ who are you pertaining to, oppa?” I looked at him. My eyes giving away my emotion at the very moment—confusion. “And the fight? What was it about?” So many questions flooding my mind right now.

“Look, Mineul-ah,” he reached out to touch my hand and all I could do was look at him, my eyes unbelieving, unprepared for what I just heard, “I’m not actually supposed to tell you all of this and the last thing I should be doing is to give you all the details.”

“I need to know. I’m his best friend!” I removed my hand from his hold and it closed into fists. I don’t even know what’s really happening but inside me is a gut feeling, telling me I really really really need to know what really happened in full details. With whom did Leeteuk fight? What was the fight about that he had to move out? Just everything about it!!

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

                I was halfway through my dessert when my phone went off. Donghae oppa’s ringtone again. I remember vividly the last time I heard this. Ugh. I admit that I’ve been distancing myself from oppa lately but I honestly can’t get mad at him only because I love him. Maybe I was just carried away by confusion last time.