The Pretension Continues (Part II)

The Brain vs The Heart

“Tiffany, we’re already here outside.”

“Neh, I’m coming!”

Her front door opened and she ran towards the car. She hopped in and sat on my other side, putting me in between her and Leeteuk.

“Good morning, lovers!” she winked after she saw that we were not alone.

“Yeah, good morning,” Leeteuk laughed.

“Looks like everyone is in a good mood this morning,” the driver ahjussi said.

“YEAH!” Tiffany and Leeteuk yelled.

We talked about random things along the way because we cannot talk about anything about me and Leeteuk being fake lovers. Most of the time, I kept quiet while my two friends talked about our fake relationship. Isn’t this wrong, though? I hated Donghae for lying—for using me, while here we are doing the same. Of course, we’re not using anybody but we’re lying. I pondered on that thought.

“Yah, Min! What are you thinking about?” Tiffany asked me when she noticed that I’ve become very quiet.

“Well,” I whispered, not wanting the driver ahjussi to hear, “Don’t you think that what we’re doing is just the sam--”

“We’re here, Mr. Park,” the driver ahjussi interrupted.

The three of us looked around and indeed, we have arrived at my and Tiffany’s school.

Tiffany forgot about what we were talking about and opened the door after saying, “Thanks for the ride, ahjussi and Leeteuk!” I followed her but Leeteuk grabbed my wrist.

“MWOH?!” I glared at him.

Leeteuk puckered his lips and said, “Goodbye kiss?”

I flicked his lips and he yelled, “OW! That hurt!”

I heard the driver ahjussi laugh but Leeteuk insisted. He won’t let go of my wrist and this time he pointed his cheek, “Here.”

If I’m going to argue with him, I might be late.

“Min! Hurry up! The time!” I heard Tiffany call on me.

“Let go of me now, pleeeeease~” I cutely asked Leeteuk.

He shook his head and insisted, “Just here.” He won’t let go and so I gave up and quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“There, now let go of me,” I whispered.

Leeteuk giggled and let go of my wrist, “Well, that was fun.”

“ert!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Yah! What did you cal--” I slammed the door before he can even finish his sentence, then I quickly ran towards Tiffany who was standing in the school gate.

I immediately received a message from Leeteuk.

 

From: Teuk-ah

We’re now quits. I got a kiss and you slammed the door on my face. I’m not mad. :P You and I will have a trip to my agency later. Pretty yourself up, you’ll meet Super Junior. ;)

 

“Again?!” I muttered to myself, irritated by the thought of pretending..again.

“Mwoh?” Tiffany asked me when she heard me exclaim.

We were walking towards the building of our first class.

I whined and showed Tiffany Leeteuk’s text to me.

“You and Leeteuk will make quite a cute couple, you know,” Tiffany teased me.

I laughed and said, “That’ll never happen.”

“I’m serious, Min,” Tiffany said.

I just looked at her and laughed.

“What?!” she asked. “I’m just saying what I think,” she explained and continued, “But what will you do if you find out that he has this real thing for you?”

Tiffany’s question never occurred to me so it made me think..a lot. I shrugged and said, “That’ll never happen, too.” In reality, I don’t really know what I would do and how would I react.

“We never know,” Tiffany said.

She was right but I didn’t want to entertain the thought because then I would really be clueless what I would do and how I will feel. My brain would have another fight with my heart if Tiffany’s question would be real.

The rest of the day went fast and as I had said, everything in school is normal. No drama. No anything. The next thing I realized, classes are already finished.

“Tiffany,” I talked to my friend as we both gathered our things and prepared to go, “I have--”

“You have to be with Leeteuk?” Tiffany guessed.

“Neh.”

“I know, I know. Hurry before he rants on you for being late,” Tiffany smiled.

“Komawo, chingu!” I pecked Tiffany on the cheek and walked away. On my way to the school gate, my phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Teuk-ah?”

“Neh, where are you now? Your classes has ended and remember..we’re going to SME’s building.”

“Aish! I’m coming! You’re too demanding for a fake boyfriend, you know.”

Leeteuk laughed on the other end of the line and said, “Good. I’m waiting here; where I dropped you off earlier this morning.”

“MWOH?!”

“I’m fetching you. Wae?! Anything wrong with a boyfriend fetching her girlfriend?”

“It’s all fake. You’re taking it too seriously. It’s fake, remember that. Fake.”

Leeteuk comically cried.

I laughed and said, “I’m almost there. But..”

“What?”

“I’m not yet dressed up. You told me, ‘Pretty yourself up!’”

“Aish! You’re always pretty, never mind that. What you’re wearing is fine.”

“Aigoo~ Flattery,” I said.

Leeteuk just laughed and said, “I can see you from here now. I’ll hang up, bye.”

“Neh, bye.”

Then we hung up. I looked around and spotted his car. I quickly went inside and fortunately, no driver this time.

“Hey,” I greeted him as I sat on the passenger seat.

Again, he leaned in forward to kiss me on my cheek.

I glared at him but fighting is no use with my best friend.

“Oh come on,” he whined, “why am I the only one trying to make this more convincing?”

“Because no one else is here to convince,” I explained.

“But how are we gonna get used to it? We’ll be uncomfortable if we don’t make an effort to get used to it, you know.”

I knew it, fighting is no use. I dropped my shoulders, rolled my eyes and kissed him back on his cheek.

He just smiled and started the car’s engine.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

             “Sorry for making you wait.” He kissed me on the forehead.

            I playfully slapped his arm. We were getting better at this, it’s becoming more..natural? I stopped myself, shove the thought away and laughed at myself.

 

 

 

LEETEUK IS SOOO ________! :)))

READERS! Please fill in the blank and post your answer as a comment on this story! Just a a little somethin', before I even finished publishing the first 10 chapter of this fanfic, I had already finished drafting it and guess what... WE JUST FINISHED MORE THAN HALF ALREADY! Yeyyy! So, is this fanfic nearing its end? I don't know but I think that this will not reach (I just think) 50 chapters. Bittersweet for me.. XD Anyway, I updated another two chapters for you guys. Read on and I would love to hear from you~ ;)