Moving on..

The Brain vs The Heart

-----MINEUL’S POV-----

It has been 2 weeks since I found out about the whole truth but hey, I’m still standing. I tried my best to get back to the normal me, except the fact that I like Donghae. Yes, I was really hurt (and kinda turned-off) when I realized that the guy of my dreams was capable to do that. Of course, I also understood where he was coming from—why he did that. But I learned my lesson. I let go of the bitter things and has already forgave him though I have not talked to him yet. I still can’t. What he did to me was already forgiven but certainly not forgotten.

It’s a weekend and I have anything else to do here at home. I tried calling Tiffany.

Kring kring.

Kring kring.

Kring kring.

Your call has been diverted to..

I hung up. Maybe Tiffany’s busy in their company again. I sat down on the couch and the television. Music Bank. There are many rookies nowadays, but Hallyu wave stars still rock my world the hardest. Eomo! Super Junior will have their comeback stage today!

I got up and opened the kitchen cupboard to get some chips. I’m being a sluggard now. I laughed at myself and sat back on the couch. I watched the entire show without getting up to do something else—I was glued to the TV screen. I WILL BE AN ELF FOREVER! Keke~ :D

Only a few seconds after the show finished, my phone rang.

I answered it, “Yeoboseyo?”

“Minnie! Are you free tonight?”

“Teuk-ah! I watched you in Music Bank! I watched you! I watched you!”

He laughed on the other side of the line and said, “Arasseo, arasseo. But I called to ask you something.”

“What’s that?”

“Are you free tonight?”

“EH?! Why?”

“Super Junior’s going to celebrate our successful comeback. So are you free?”

“Uhm, Teuk-ah~” I cutely said because I don’t think I’m prepared to see Donghae already.

“I won’t take no for an answer, Minnie,” he insisted.

“Mwoh?! But--” I tried to make excuses.

“Mineul-ah, have you still not moved on?”

“I am trying to move on,” I said. It’s true, though.

“I know. You can’t avoid him forever, you know..”

“Yes, I know. But..so soon?”

“I will be with you the whole time. I promise.”

“But, Leeteuk-ah~”

“I’ll pick you up tonight at 6:00PM, okay? Dress up pretty. See you,” he hung up without even hearing my answer.

Aish! Leeteuk’s actually right, I can’t avoid Lee Donghae forever.

I texted Leeteuk.

 

To: Teuk-ah

Yah! You hung up! >.< Is that how you treat a girl who accepts your invitation?! :) I’m being kinda bipolar. :)

 

It’s only an hour and a half before the party. Hm. I should probably prepare and dress up now. Before taking a shower, I stopped to look at myself in the mirror. Gosh! I look like a total zombie—thinner than I was two weeks ago, paler than I was two weeks ago, dark circles around my eyes that weren’t there two weeks ago, cheek bones that weren’t so prominent two weeks ago. I should make it faster and head to the salon because my own ‘putting on make-up’ skills can’t fix a disaster this big. I sighed on my reflection and quickly went to the bathroom.

After taking a shower, I picked a dress and put it in a paper bag. I’ll just change in the salon.

I called Leeteuk while their getting my hair done.

“Mineul-ah? Are you ready?”

“No, not yet. I’m here at Soshified Salon. Just pick me up here.”

“Soshified Salon?! Don’t overdo it, Minnie~ Everyone might get jealous of me tonight,” he joked.

“Yah, I didn’t call to hear your jokes!”

“Arasseo, arasseo. What is it?”

“Can I also invite Tiffany to the event tonight?”

“If it would make you feel more comfortable, then Tiffany is more than welcome.”

“Komawo. I’ll be done in a few minutes. See you, Teuk-ah. Bye.”

“Neh. I’m on my way. Bye.”

I called Tiffany next.

“Min?”

“Yes, it’s me. You are coming with me tonight.” I gave her no choice.

“MWOH?! Where?”

“I’ll just text you the details, ‘kay?”

“Wait. WHAT?!”

“Oh, come on. Can’t you do me a teeny tiny favor?”

“Aish, Min!”

“Pleeeeease~” I know that she won’t be able to resist me.

“Okay, whatever. What time?”  YES, I KNEW IT!

“I’ll just text you when and where.”

“Aigoo~ Arasseo!”

“Komawo, Tiffany!”

We hung up and as I promised, I sent her the details and she replied with a “I’ll be a little late, though. See you, Min! I hate how I can’t refuse! :)”

I smiled at her text and thanked the heavens for giving me friends like Tiffany and Leeteuk. My thoughts were interrupted when the salon employee patted me on my shoulder and said, “You are ready, Ms. Choi.”

I heard her and turned to look at my reflection in the mirror. I gasped at what I saw.

The salon employee did, well, a good job. I must say that I look like a human again. When she saw my expression, she giggled and I joked, “Is this really me?”

We both laughed. I went to change on my party dress when someone knocked and said, “Ms. Choi, someone’s here to pick you up.”

“Okay, I’ll be there.” I took a last quick look at myself in the mirror and was satisfied with what I saw.

I went outside to Leeteuk’s car and saw him talking on the phone with somebody.

“Leeteuk!” I shouted while I was walking towards him.

He seemed to not have heard and was still talking on the phone so when I finally reached him, I patted him on the shoulder and said, “Yah, let’s go.”

He turned to look at me and smiled after examining me. He joked, “I knew it. Everyone will be jealous of me tonight.”

I slapped his arm and reminded him, “Yah, somebody’s still on the other side of the line.” I pointed to his cellphone and he quickly checked to see if the other person had already hung up.

“Yeoboseyo?” he asked. “Aigoo, sorry for that,” he said to the caller as he opened the passenger door for me.

I stuck my tongue out to him and braced myself for whatever’s going to happen tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

             “Mianhae,” Leeteuk said.

             “For what?” I asked. I was obviously puzzled.

             He did not answer but instead, he held my hand and just whispered, “Smile, Minnie.”

             I was still looking at him. Confused. What is going on?! I gave up when Leeteuk sighed and begged, “Please, Minnie. Smile. Mianhae.”

            “Yah, Leeteuk-ah, what is goi--”

            “Hyung?” a familiar voice caught me offguard.

            I turned to look and BANG!

 

 

 

THAT'S IT FOR TODAY! ENJOY! :)

As I had promised, less dramatic, right? :) And as I had mentioned in Chapter 19, I'll be on vacation, starting tomorrow. Please pray for me, readers, that there is a decent and reliable Internet conncetion there. HAHAH! :D I don't wanna be on hiatus or what.. do you? :) Also, don't forget to check out my first one-shot "It's You." Read it also,'kay? Feel free to comment and subscribe there, too, like you did here. ;) It features the SeoKyu couple~ I HOPE TO BE BACK SOON! Bye, readers!

Check out and support my first one-shot, entitled "It's You."

SeoKyu Couple, FTW!

CLICK HERE TO START READING "IT'S YOU"