Tiffany's SECRET Answer

The Brain vs The Heart

Tiffany was driving back to her house with her hands tightly holding the steering wheel like she was trying to choke it to death.

The same question occurred to her but she shook her head to keep the question away—she thought that it was so dumb and stupid for her to still think about how she felt unusually giddy and warm and fuzzy the whole time she was with Lee Donghae.

“Tiffany Hwang! Snap out of it!” she scolded herself as she waited for the stoplight to turn green.

When it did, she stepped on the gas and her car shot forward, causing her back to slam against the driver’s seat. She was panting, sweating and her head hurt. She knows why but she does not want to admit it to herself.

She pulled over at an alley and hit her head on the steering wheel. “Stop, stop, stop thinking about it!” she told herself as she remained in that position. She wanted to cry but “I’m strong, it’s nothing,” she convinced herself. She let out a deep sigh and started the engine once again but instead of continuing on her way back home, she went the other way—to Mineul’s house.

Knock knock.

“God, I wish Mineul’s inside,” Tiffany wished as she fanned herself with her hands outside Mineul’s door. It was almost summer and like the weather, Tiffany had been feeling warm inside especially during the last hour. Her unexpected meeting with Donghae.

Knock knock.

“Mineul, please be here..” Tiffany bounced on her toes impatiently.

Knock kno—

“Tiffany! What a pleasant surprise!” Mineul opened the door for her friend and welcomed her with a bear hug.

“Min,” she hugged her friend back.

“Come in, come in! It’s hot outside! Summer’s almost here!” Mineul huffed as she opened the door wider for Tiffany to come in.

Tiffany gratefully went in as she sat herself on Mineul’s couch—her friend’s house was like her own and vice versa. They’re too close for uncomfortable stuff.

“Hm. I missed being here,” Tiffany said as she looked around.

“Oh yeah?” Mineul sat beside her and continued, “Well, this place missed you, too.” Mineul laughed and asked, “So, what brought you here?”

“Lee Donghae,” Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“MWOH?!” Mineul’s eyes widened but a smile was on her face.

“Well, I met him earlier today at my fave ice cream parlor and we.. well.. we sorta had a catch-up talk..” Tiffany said.

“And you’re here because..?”

“Because he had asked me for a favor.”

“And that is..?”

“You’ll know after you answer my question,” Tiffany naughtily left Mineul hanging.

“Yah!” Mineul slapped her friend’s knee.

“Oh come on, answer my question first,” she insisted.

“Okay,” Mineul gave up. “What is your question?”

“Do you, Choi Mineul, still have feelings for Lee Donghae?” Tiffany asked like she was some judge on a trial court.

Mineul burst in laughter at hearing her friend’s question. “Now, why in the world would you ask me that?” Mineul asked in between her giggles.

 

-----FLASHBACK-----

“Can you help me win Mineul’s heart back?” Donghae asked her.

After a long pause—a pause of trying to get rid of the unwelcome and unexpected hurt that Tiffany did not see coming—Tiffany finally spoke. “W-Why?”

“I have a thousand reasons for wanting to win her back and--”

“And you think I can help you?!” Tiffany asked with disbelief in her eyes.

Donghae noticed this and thought that it was because of his bad reputation with her and Mineul. The truth is, Tiffany did not expect to hear this and more importantly, she did not want to hear this. Does she know why? Yes, she does but she is plainly in denial. Everyone would be if they were in her shoes..

“Y-Yes,” Donghae answered, surprised by the intensity in Tiffany’s voice. “Am I mistaken?”

Tiffany calmed down and sighed. “It’s not that,” she admitted, “I just think Mineul is now happy.. with Leeteuk..”

“But it’s all fake, right?”

“You knew?”

“Leeteuk hyung himself told me already. Is that your only excuse?” Donghae gently asked.

“Aniyo, still.. I think that for Mineul, there’s been some reality and truth with her actions towards Leeteuk during the course of their pretension.”

“You mean--”

“I mean that I think my friend is falling for Leeteuk.. for real..” she admitted as she thought back on her last conversation with Mineul.

It might seem that Tiffany was saying this because of her newly-discovered feelings but there was 100% truth in her words.

Hearing this, Donghae felt the hurt equal to the pain that stung Tiffany’s heart when she heard Donghae’s question.

 It was time for him to do a reality check. “I had my chance and I.. blew it,” Donghae mumbled.

-----END OF FLASHBACK-----

 

“Answer me first, please, Min,” Tiffany begged.

Mineul took in a deep breath then dropped her shoulders. “No, of course not. I have absolutely no feelings for him anymore.”

Tiffany looked at her friend and there was no hint of lie in Mineul’s eyes. “Then his favor is completely void now, isn’t it?” Tiffany said as she let out a nervous laugh.

“What was his favor anyway?”

“It doesn’t matter anymore now since you told me,” Tiffany smiled.

“Tiffany?” Mineul almost whispered as she laid a hand on Tiffany’s knee.

“Neh?”

“Do you?” Mineul asked.

“Do I what?”

“Do you have feelings for him? Donghae oppa?” Mineul asked.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

             Tiffany stood straight and bowed with her palm still on her forehead, “Mianhaeyo. I was looking for--” When she looked up, she saw the face that she missed but at the same time, the face she feared to see again.

 

 

 

SORRY FOR THE AWFUL CLIFFHANGER ! :(

EOMO! Are you guys curious for Tiffany's answer? Tsk tsk. Sorry to leave you hanging like that but her answer will eventually be (naturally) revealed in the next few chapters. If you're a genius, then you probably have guessed it anyway.. it's an awful cliffhanger. ^^v Next chapter will be set 5 months later--after Mineul and Tiffany had this heart-to-heart conversation. Don't hate me for doing these, please? :D IHEARTYOU, GUYS! Keke~ :D I updated AGAIN. *jumps up and down* I HOPE Y'ALL LIKE IT ;)