I am.. Mineul “The Failure” Choi

The Brain vs The Heart

“Oh, Leeteuk-ssi and Mineul-ssi, you’re here,” Lee Hyori-ssi smiled widely at us.

In just a split second, I went from riding Leeteuk’s back to standing beside him. I even shocked myself at how fast I was able to shift places despite of my ankle. :D

“Ah, neh,” I nervously smiled.

Leeteuk just bowed at his manager noona.

“I was just going out to look for you but..you’re here!” Hyori-ssi giggled and continued, “come in now, we’re about to start.” She went inside to take her seat.

“Neh,” Leeteuk followed her inside the room with his arm around my waist, helping me walk—or hop towards our seats with my other un-injured ankle.

OH MY GAWRSH! I can, like, literally feel the gaze of the other Super Junior members at me and Leeteuk.

Leeteuk pulled a seat for me, “Minnie. Here.”

I hopped with my good ankle as I took my seat and said, “Komawo,” still with that nervous smile on my face.

Leeteuk sat on my left side while a beaming Shindong (who is seated at my right side) acknowledged me.

“I’m Shindong,” Shindong offered his hand, “You must be Choi Mineul.”

I gratefully took it and answered, “Yep, that’s me,” with a nervous laugh.

Suddenly, Hyori-ssi clapped her hands to get everyone’s attention. “Everyone, introduce yourselves to Choi Mineul-ssi,” she loudly ordered the men.

Leeteuk, being the leader jokingly started, “Annyeonghaseyo! We are Superrrrr…”

I laughed and slapped him in the arm and Hyori-ssi laughed along.

“That’s not what I meant,” Hyori-ssi’s sweet buttery laugh resounded.

“Arasseo, arasseo,” Leeteuk nodded and sat back on his seat as he waited for s to formally introduce themselves.

My eyes filtered the room as I looked around to search for a familiar face. Lee Donghae.

ACK! Our eyes met and I instantly looked away. I waited for my heart to beat like crazy and stuff but no. There was nothing. Absolutely nothing. I concentrated and asked myself, “Have I been successful in moving on?”

“Hi, I’m Choi Siwon,” Siwon went first, interrupting my thoughts.

I smiled at him and said, “Choi Mineul. It’s a pleasure!”

“I’m Sungmin. Lee Sungmin.”

The introductions finished without Donghae oppa saying a single word and no one seemed to notice. Do they know about the incident? I shoved the thought away. It’s already embarrassing for them to know that I was fooled by Donghae oppa but it’s more embarrassing for them to know that I was fooled BECAUSE I LIKEDDDD HIM.

Yeah, right. I’m now courageous enough to use the past tense when denoting to my feelings towards Donghae oppa. With my heart not skipping a beat and my cheeks not turning pink when our eyes met? I just confirmed it. CONFIRMED! CHOI MINEUL HAS TOTALLY MOVED ON FROM HER DONGHAE OPPA!

This calls for a celebration! Yeyyy~ :D

During the meeting, while each and every one of them was busy and fully focused on what they were discussing, I’d occasionally steal glances of Donghae. Of course, not because I like to see his face but it was more because I was testing the waters. Testing if I would still really feel nothing even when he does the coolest things—running his hands through his hair, smile a crooked smile, even just yawn.

I vividly remember that, once upon a time, I would get butterflies in my stomach whenever he’ll do these things. But!

“But all that’s dead and gone and passed toniiiiiight~” (from Taylor Swift’s ‘Safe and Sound’) I sang to myself unaware that I all their heads turned to me. Turned out that I sang it loud enough for them to hear. LOL :D I’m such a failure!

“Mi-Mianhae,” I stuttered. Who wouldn’t? I just embarrassed myself by singing in front of professional singers. GAH! “P-Please continue,” I gestured towards Hyori-ssi.

“Aigoo~ Uri Minniiiie~” Leeteuk pinched my cheeks before shifting his attention back to what they were talking about.

I rubbed my cheeks in irritation as I slapped my palm to my forehead in frustration. I shook my head as I replayed how I just made a fool out of myself in front of Super Junior—THE SUPER JUNIOR.

“It’s alright, Mineul.. Everyone has their moments,” I tried to convince myself as I tried to forget this bad memory I had just created.

To distract myself, I listened to their meeting. As if I know what they were talking about.

I quietly laughed to myself, catching Leeteuk’s attention.

He raised his eyebrows at me as if he was asking me what I was thinking about.

I shook my head with a smile, without a word, answering Leeteuk’s question that he should not mind me. As I continued to listen, I rested my chin on my hands and slowly, Hyori-ssi’s voice started trailing off to a distant. I did not notice that I was already drifting off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

             My gaze fell upon Leeteuk who still won’t look at me. Leeteuk. My best friend. My fake boyfriend. That’s all that he is to me, right? Right?

 

 

 

MINEUL IS SUCH A (CUTE) DORK! :D

READERS, we should totally celebrate for Mineul~ She has successfully MOVED ON! She's back on her feet, YES! The 'past tense thing' is so childish of Mineul! HAHAHA :)) And by the way, more couple chapters are on their way so stay tuned for 'em, arasseoyo? ^,^ Keke~ Until I update.. be for now! :) P.S. Feel free to tell me how you feel with what's been happening, arasseoyo? Annyeong~