Party Paranoid

The Brain vs The Heart

When we arrived at the venue, it was very much like the last event that I had been to with Leeteuk. It’s just that things are a little different now—I would not want to come across with Donghae. :(

“I’m nervous, Teuk-ah,” I whispered to him as he walked me up the stairs to the entrance.

“I’m here..and so will Tiffany be,” he reassured me.

I gulped and held on to his arm tighter.

“Relax, there’s a small chance that we get to see him tonight.”

“Jinjja?”

“Yes. If not, I’ll make it so,” he joked.

I laughed and felt a sense of relief from his words even though it was meant to be a joke. We sat on a table and he pulled the chair for me. We finished eating without Leeteuk ever leaving my side.

I felt a little guilty and so I said, “Teuk-ah, are you not supposed to go around and chat with the executives?” I was kinda hoping he’d say no but it would be too selfish of me to keep him all night.

“Ani, a friend needs me here,” he wiggled his eyebrows.

I blushed at the sincerity of his tone and said, “Komawo” without even looking at him.

I heard him laugh and we just sat there talking about random things when I received a text from Tiffany: “I’m almost there, Min! ^.^”

I turned to Leeteuk and told him, “Tiffany’s almost here. We should fetch her at the entrance,” I suggested.

“Ah, jinjja? Then let’s hurry,” he said as we stood up and headed to the entrance.

Walking around scares me. It may sound so foolish but it just increases the possibility to see people I would not want to see.

“Relax, Minnie, relax,” Leeteuk said as he noticed me looking around, being cautious.

“I’m trying!” I whispered to him but he suddenly stopped walking. His gaze was locked on ahead and so I tried to see what caused him to stop.

“Hyori unnie,” Leeteuk muttered.

I turned to look and it was a woman. I take that back, a gorgeous beautiful y woman. So she’s Hyori unnie. Now, I can see why Donghae used me. :D

“Oh, Leeteuk-ssi,” Hyori acknowledged Leeteuk and asked, “are you not gonna introduce me to your friend?

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Hyori-ssi. I’m Choi Mineul,” I bowed.

I can totally see the shock on her face when she heard my name. She composed herself and smiled. She said, “So you are the Choi Mineul.”

“Neh,” I smiled back. A fake one.

“I know this is our first meeting but I do believe that I owe you an apology,” she said out of the blue. Suddenly, she bowed a 90o bow and did apologize, “Choisonghamnida, Choi Mineul-ssi.”

Leeteuk and I were taken aback. Leeteuk exclaimed, “Hyori noona!”

“Eomona! Please stand up, it’s.. okay.” I panicked at the thought of many people seeing this lovely woman bowing in front of me.

She stood up straight and said, “I’m sorry but I owed it to you.”

I gave her and Leeteuk a worried look and said, “It’s totally..fine. We have to..move on. Neh.” Argh~ Why does my voice have to sound so shaky?!

Leeteuk agreed, “She’s right, noona.”

“But still,” she tilted her head to the side and suggested, “Let’s just talk some other time, Mineul-ssi. In a different.. time.. place.. It was nice finally meeting you, though.”

“Same here,” I replied.

All three of us bowed to each other and went on our separate ways.

I sighed when finally, it was just Leeteuk and me again. I told him, “Well, that was what I was afraid of..”

“Mianhae, Minnie~”

“Tiffany!” I reminded Leeteuk and we walked towards the entrance again.

Hm. Tiffany’s still not here. “I guess she’ll be here in a while,” I said.

“I hope so,” Leeteuk agreed.

I tried calling Tiffany but her phone was out of reach. The entrance is definitely not my favorite place to hang out because of all the people passing by.

“Nervous?” Leeteuk asked.

I nodded and said, “Obvious?”
He smiled and said, “Kind of.” He offered me his arm and I held on to it. “I’m here,” he reassured me..again.

A few minutes passed and Tiffany was still not there, I looked at my watch. Suddenly, Leeteuk put his hands on both my shoulders and with a quick movement, he turned my whole body to his direction. I was shocked, but that feeling was dominated by confusion when I saw a look in Leeteuk’s eyes that I have never seen there before.

“Mianhae,” Leeteuk said.

“For what?” I asked. I was obviously puzzled.

He did not answer but instead, he held my hand and just whispered, “Smile, Minnie.”

I was still looking at him. Confused. What is going on?! I gave up when Leeteuk sighed and begged, “Please, Minnie. Smile. Mianhae.”

“Yah, Leeteuk-ah, what is goi--”

“Hyung?” a familiar voice caught me offguard.

I turned to look and BANG! Lee Donghae.

I stood there frozen. Speechless. I just looked at his face then to the girl he was with—a girl about the same age as me.

“Oh, Donghae,” Leeteuk greeted back casually. “Im Yoona-ssi,” Leeteuk then acknowledged the girl Donghae oppa was with. Apparently, her name was Im Yoona.

Donghae oppa and I avoided looking at each other and the situation was, well, AWKWARD!

I bowed and introduced myself, trying to make my voice sound as steady as I can, “Annyeonghaseyo.” I faked a smile. I almost forgot that in front of Donghae oppa, I was the best actress.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” the girl bowed back and offered a hand shake, “I’m Yoona. Im Yoona.”

I shook her hand as she turned to ask Leeteuk, “Your yeoja chingu (girlfriend) Leeteuk oppa?”

I laughed but Leeteuk’s answer made my throat dry. He confidently answered Yoona’s question with a “YES. YES, SHE IS MY GIRLFRIEND.”

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

             Yoona suddenly took a step back and asked again, “What was your name again?”

             I wrapped an arm around Mineul’s shoulder and answered for her, “She’s Choi Mineul.”

            Yoona gasped and quickly tuned to Donghae who did not say a word. She asked him, “Oppa.. She..she’s Choi Mineul?”

 

 

 

EOMO! DRAMA AGAIN?! O_O

LEETEUK?! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?! Aigoo~ Lee Donghae?! What do you want now?! Keke~ Just kidding! :)) Well, what can we do, Leeteuk and Donghae are in the same group and it’s really impossible for them not to meet each other occasionally, right? ^.^ NOTICE: TO ALL THOSE WHOSE BIAS IS YOONA, I AM APOLOGIZING PRIOR TO CHAPTER 23. You’ll find out (in the same chapter why) And also, sorry for the short update, but I promise (as I always do), to update soon! So watch out for it, ‘kay? By the way, my vacation was AWESOME! \m/ Thank you, everyone! No silent readers pleeease~ HUG. ;)