The Kiss and The Pattern

The Brain vs The Heart

“To what?” Tiffany bounced in her seat and asked impatiently.

“Brace yourself, Tiffany..” Mineul shot her a mischievous look.

“Just continue already!” Tiffany squealed and shook Mineul as if doing so would shake what happened next out of Mineul’s lips.

“Arasseo!” Mineul pushed strands of her hair away from her eyes.

 

-----FLASHBACK-----

“It’s true, though. I. LOVE. YOU,” Mineul said.

Then, Leeteuk raised his hands to cup Mineul’s face between it.

“I love you more,” Leeteuk said while they stared at each other.

Like what happened earlier, Mineul pressed Leeteuk’s hands tighter (with her own hands) against her cheeks and slowly nodded, “I lov--”

Leeteuk stopped what Mineul was saying by pulling her in for a kiss. At first, Mineul’s eyes widened but it eventually closed as she melted in Leeteuk’s lips. Her shoulders stiffened but she soon relaxed and entwined her fingers around Leeteuk’s neck.

The kiss was gentle, soft, warm and innocent—perfect for a lady’s first kiss. Perfect for Mineul’s first real kiss. Leeteuk’s lips felt delicate & sweet against hers.

Mineul were feeling butterflies in her stomach and her fingers twitched whenever she smelled Leeteuk’s sweet scent. The smell of his hair, his breath, the smell of him.  Images of the time when she woke up with the same man she’s kissing now was then leaning over her and was about to kiss her—that moment of utter confusion—flashed in her mind as she unhesitatingly kissed Leeteuk back.

After a few seconds, they broke apart—Leeteuk was the one who pulled away. (He unwillingly stopped himself, not wanting to go deeper and further. He loved Mineul too much that she seemed fragile to him. The feeling lingered in his lips, though. The best feeling in the world.)

Mineul sighed and smiled as she looked out the window.

“Was that your first?” Leeteuk asked cautiously as he sat back properly on the driver’s seat.

“Neh,” she answered in a low voice. Mineul touched her lips with her fingers.

“I’m sorry, I--”

“Don’t be. I’m not. It was the most-est perfect-est first kipweonclmdnaliss..” Mineul was too embarrassed to say it clearly.

Leeteuk (blushed and) started the engine again. “Dazzling.”

-----END OF FLASHBACK-----

 

“GYAAAAAHHH!” Tiffany was squealing, clapping, bouncing and shaking Mineul all at the same time. “You, lucky girl! A Super Junior loves you!”

“Yah! It’s more than that!” Mineul scowled.

“I know. You’ve been best friends for, like, forever. It’s loooove~” Tiffany sang.

“It’s your turn, I haven’t forgotten,” Mineul reminded Tiffany.

“Well..” Tiffany twisted a strand of hair around her finger.

“Well..?”

“Donghae made me drink last night.”

“I know that.”

“But that was my first time.”

“I knew that already.”

“And I passed out. Drunk.”

“Yep, I know that, too.”

“And I.. I can’t remember anymore,” Tiffany pouted.

“MWOH?!”

“Neh! I just woke up with his jacket on top of me. Well, I slept in his passenger seat. He tilted it back and I saw him miserably sleeping with just his undershirt on. He must’ve felt cold,” Tiffany felt bad as she tried to recall everything she can. She continued, “So I put his jacket back on top of him and tilted his seat so he’ll be comfortable.”

“THAT’S IT?! Well, I should congratulate you for seeing him in just his undershirt, though. But, really that’s it?!”

Tiffany disappointedly nodded. “Pretty much.” And then it hit her. “AH! When he dropped me home, he told me that I was sleep talking!”

“He did?!” Mineul’s eyes widened. She knows something that Tiffany herself does not.

“Neh. Waeyo?” Tiffany tilted her head to the side. “I don’t remember dreaming last night, though.”

“EOMO! I haven’t told you this but you do sleep talk!”

“I do?!”

Mineul sighed and tied to recall. “Neh, twice in high school, I caught you sleep talking during our sleepovers.”

“What was I talking about?”

“Well, the first one was when Wooyoung oppa confessed to you.” Wooyoung oppa was their high school classmate and Tiffany had the biggest crush on him back then.

“I was sleep talking about Wooyoung oppa’s confession?!” Tiffany can’t believe what she was hearing.

“Neh! And the second one was when he broke up with you. Since then, I did not hear you sleep talk ever again and our sleepovers became quite a forgotten habit,” Mineul held her chin.

“Do you see the pattern here, Min?!” Tiffany is putting the puzzle pieces together.

“Mwoh?”

“The pattern! I sleep talk whenever my mind is occupied by a certain guy. Since Wooyoung oppa, I have not liked anyone else—maybe the reason why I haven’t been sleep talking! But now..” Tiffany felt her knees become weak.

“Donghae oppa..” Mineul was thinking the same thing as Tiffany.

“AH!” Tiffany hit her head twice and bit on her fingernail. “I must’ve been sleep talking about him! AH!”

“Tiffany..” Mineul rubbed Tiffany’s back and tried to calm her down.

“Donghae even told me that I was crying in my sleep,” Tiffany added, almost like a whisper.

“Crying?! While dreaming about him?! Why?!”

“I.. don’t..know..” Tiffany sighed and shut her eyes tightly.

“Aish! That subconscious part of your mind is mysterious. This is bad,” Mineul muttered.

“This is really bad,” Tiffany added. “I must’ve been sleep talking and crying about him and.. and.. he heard it all.”

“But, let’s look on the brighter side of the situation, Tiffany! At least now, you do not have to confess to him anymore,” Mineul tried to make Tiffany feel better.

“But I don’t know how he feels!” Tiffany protested. “Aish! It should not matter now because I’m sure he’ll reject me.”

“Who knows?” Mineul said.

“Still, it’s utterly imposs--”

Just then, Mineul’s phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“My Minniiiiie~” Leeteuk said.

Mineul laughed and said, “Oh, Teukkie~ Yeah?”

“Let’s go on a vacation tonight!”

“EH?!”

“I’ve asked our manager noona—I mean Hyori noona for her permission already and she allowed us. Tonight until tomorrow night.”

“Us? Who are you going with?”

“Me and Donghae. He wanted to tag along.”

“MWOH?! BUT WHY?! I don’t know about that..” Mineul confessed. “We’re dating, although not official, and it might make things awkward.”

Tiffany went to their kitchen and grabbed some snacks. She put some potato chips in a bowl and set it in the center table. Tiffany started munching on it and offered Mineul some.

“Then bring Tiffany so there will be no third wheel!” Leeteuk suggested.

“AHA! That’s a brilliant idea! Text me the details, we’ll prepare now. Bye,”

“Bye, saranghae!”

“Aish! Nado, sarangahae~” Mineul giggled.

The two hung up and Mineul immediately turned to Tiffany. She said, “Tiffany, pack your things! You’re going with me on a weekend vacation!”

“MWOH?!”

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

 

 

 

SORRY FOR THE FAIL ATTEMPT!

9 MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE THE ENDING! Whew~ They kissed. Should I rate this chapter as MATURE or not? You guys tell me. Keke~ I'm sorry for the fail attempt to write a romantic and realistic kiss scene between the TeukMin couple. :(( It's just awkward for me but what is a romance novel without a kiss, right?! HAHAH :D Anyway, Tiffany found out about her sleep talking and stuff. Good luck, Tiffany! Fighting! Komawo, readers! :) (I just got home from my sleepover ^,^ I updated ASAP for you, guys!)