Busted!

The Brain vs The Heart


-----TIFFANY’S POV-----

The door’s open? Hm. I slowly entered and looked around for Lee Donghae. He might have gotten my cellphone.

“Donghae-ssi?” I called as I silently walked in. “Donghae-ssi?”

“Because someone was here,” I heard Donghae said to the phone.

He did take the call that he rejected twice. I was looking around the living room for my phone to save time. I might find it before he even knows I forgot it.

Next thing I knew, I was eavesdropping and I totally forgot about the real purpose why I am here. I was here to retrieve my cellphone. But now, here I am trying to make out as clearly as possible Donghae-ssi’s conversation with the person on the other end of the line.

“Noona! Hear me out first. Please!” I heard Donghae-ssi beg.

He’s talking to a noona. Hm.

“Noona, please. Don’t make this hard for me.”

“Mianhaeyo, noona. Nothing has changed, I still love you.”

Tiffany gasped.

“I can’t stop now, noona. I think Mineul might be falling for me.”

“NO! I’ll do everything to get back to Leeteuk, noona! Sorry, but even you can’t stop me now.”

“I promise to stop fooling Mineul only if you tell me you accept me.”

“Mineul’s the only way that I can hurt Leeteuk!”

As Tiffany put the pieces together, she found out what’s happening. Lee Donghae, the only boy that had captured Mineul’s heart is just using her?! Using her to get back to Leeteuk! I don’t know why they fought but I could not care less because my friend is the one who’ll get hurt here! I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn’t notice Donghae-ssi who was standing in front of me.

We looked at each other. Both surprised. Both speechless.

“Tiffany-ssi, you’re here..” he nervously said. “How long have you been here?”

“Long enough to hear.. to hear.. to hear everything,” I fought back the tears that are forming.

“Tiffany-ssi.. I can explain..”

“NO! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT!”

He yelled at me, “You have to!” He put both his hands on my shoulder and shook me, “You have to listen to me!”

“WHAT FOR?! I HEARD EVERYTHING!”

“Please,” he begged.

“Mianhaeyo but.. Mineul’s my friend.. She has to know,” I headed outside but then I saw my cellphone on the couch. I snatched it and went out.

I was furious. I was frustrated but I kept on walking without even knowing where I’m headed to. A tear almost fell down from my face when I heard..

“Ms. Hwang?” it was Song ahjussi’s voice.

“Song ahjussi.. how did you--”

“You took too long, Ms. Hwang. I figured that I should wait for you here, instead.”

“Komawoyo, Song ahjussi..”

He probably noticed that I was crying but the good thing is that he does not hover. I went inside the car and the whole time, I was contemplating. It’s better to tell Min, right? I should tell her, right? She deserves to know..

I decided to send her a message..

To: Min

Min, can I come at your house tonight? It’s really really really important.

A few moments later..

From: Min

You’re always welcome at my house. Is anything wrong, Tiffany? :-( You can call me now.

To: Min

It’s better to tell it to you personally. I’ll be there before dinner. :|

 

When I got home, I immediately took my shower and took some time to think back about what had happened. Donghae-ssi was just using Mineul. That, I know for sure. He’s heartless and because of him, Mineul will be hurting. I know how my decision will hurt my friend but I can’t let her be happy in her oblivion. I can’t let Mineul be fooled by that Lee Donghae.

When I finished, I let my body rest in my bed. Besides, I still got hours to prepare myself. To figure out how to tell this to Mineul in the least possible way that she can be hurt. But can I really tell this to Mineul without her feeling betrayed? It’s impossible.

I can’t believe that a few hours from now, I have to break my friend’s heart—to shatter it into a thousand pieces. Even if she don’t like Donghae-ssi, I’m certain she’s going to be hurt. But, what am I supposed to do? She does not like him! Mineul loves the heartless man!

I massaged my head. NO! IT DOESN’T WORK!

 I took a nap in hopes that everything was just a dream. NO! IT DOESN’T WORK EITHER!

Time is ticking and it’s only a few hours away. A few hours from now, I shall be doing the most heroic but also the most terrible thing to a friend.

GAH!  I found myself half-wishing that I had not decided to visit Lee Donghae-ssi today. But would it be for the better? If I had not, then the fooling..the betrayal will only continue.

My heart is telling me that I should let my friend be happy.

My brain is telling me, that I should do the right thing regardless of its consequences. In this case, my friend’s heart to be shattered.

My problem now is not the doubt that Mineul would believe me because I’m a 100% sure that she will. But can I bear watching my friend crumble in front of me?

God, help me! I checked the time and I noticed that I had not eaten lunch but I don’t care because that’s the least of my problems now.

I got up and quickly dressed up. It’s 5:00PM. It’s time.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

              I was so hurt that even tears won’t come out. So, it’s my fault for not listening to what Leeteuk has got to say. How could I be so clueless? My bestfriend Leeteuk was supposed to reveal it all to me but I did not listen. All I cared about was how ‘the fight’ had affected me and how Leeteuk kinda abandoned me. 

 

 

THIS IS THE MOMENT! \m/

So, okay.. All I can say is that, I really adore Tiffany's strong (but righteous) personality. When I was writing this chapter, I was like, "Oh my~ I wouldn't be able to handle this as good as Tiffany did if I were in her shoes!" And yeah, the preview was, well (SPOILER ALERT!), from Mineul's POV. >:D Let's wait and see how she will react. She's fragile, but like her friend Tiffany, there's a part of her that is strong. AJA! FIGHTING TO MINEUL AND TIFFANY! :) thanks for your comments, I love it when you do leave some. I get inspired. And the result? MULTI-CHAPTER UPDATES! YEAH! :)