My Bestfriend Returns

The Brain vs The Heart

Things just keep getting better. It’s been 4 days since Donghae oppa and I went out. And now, I could not believe my eyes when finally, Leeteuk texted me after what seemed to be years. “Yah, yah. Clear your schedule tonight. I’ll come visit.”

“I can’t wait to catch up with you. See you, Teuk-ah!” I replied.

-----AUTHOR’S POV-----

“I can’t wait to catch up with you. See you, Teuk-ah!”

The man was ecstatic when his best friend replied.

“I promise to tell you everything, Mineul-ah. Everything!” he thought to himself as he was preparing to meet up with his best friend that he had not talked to for a while now.

Mineul opened the door for her best friend with a big hug and a “You’re alive!”

Leeteuk laughed and was, deep inside, relieved that Mineul has neither forgotten him nor gotten mad at him.

When they sat to talk, Leeteuk went straight to the point, “Minnie, mianhae. Sorry for how I’ve been acting the past days. I believe you already know that--”. Mineul cut her off midsentence.

“That you moved out? Yes, I know that. That you got into a fight with Heaven knows who? Yes, I know that, too!” She somehow felt abandoned by her best friend. She felt like some outsider for knowing only very few details about what really happened. “What happened, really? Tell me.”

“Donghae.. He..”

“Yes, he’s been keeping me company when you did not, Leeteuk. Donghae oppa did and I’m grateful for him,” she said softly.

Her statement made Leeteuk change his mind. No, he can’t tell Mineul about what happened. Not when, he saw the very glow in his best friend’s eye whenever she talked about Donghae. Leeteuk used his brain. He can’t hurt Mineul when all he can see in Mineul was gratefulness towards Donghae. How can he tell Mineul the truth when his best friend’s like this?

“I’m sorry. Okay, Mineul-ah? Jeongmal mianhae.”

Mineul was just listening to him, nodding occasionally. She was obviously not mad and this kinda surprised Leeteuk. After all that’s happened why does Mineul seem to be so light-headed? Stress-free?

“Just know that I really am very sorry, that’s what I came here for,” the man lied. “I… I… I had a fight with Donghae, but it was totally my fault,” he lied more. He panicked because he had started a lie.

“What did you fight about?”

“Mineul, I wouldn’t want to trouble you with what had happened. Everything’s okay now,” more lies, “and all I ask of you is to forgive me.”

“Do you realize that you’re shutting me out with what you’re doing?” Mineul seriously asked but not angrily.

“You know that that’s the last thing I want you to feel.”

After a long period of silence between the two of them, “Keurae. I forgive you. Can I say ‘no’ to my very best friend?” Mineul said with a smile.

“Komawo, Mineul. You’re kinda bipolar, though.” Leeteuk forced out a joke.

“But I want you to know that Donghae oppa deserves an apology from you for what you fought about and for being with me when you were gone,” Mineul’s face suddenly lit up. “He took me out to dinner, we went out. You owe him. We owe him.”

On the way home, Leeteuk regret lying to his best friend about the whole truth but what can he do? She seemed really happy with him. Is Donghae the reason for his best friend’s laughter and smiles? Does his best friend like Donghae?

 

-----LEETEUK’S FLASHBACK-----

“Teuk-ah, can I visit your dorm today? I’ll bring my parents’ gifts for you and your family!”

“Yes, please do come. Donghae and I could use some company. Everyone else is out and busy today.”

“What did you say?”

“I said everyone’s out except for me and Donghae.”

“Eh?! I thought you were alone!”

“I was. Donghae just arrived.”

“I’d visit you some other time. You and Donghae-ssi rest for today.”

 

“Hm. Two Super Junior members missing, Leeteuk?” she asked me when she probably noticed that not all Super Junior members were present.

“Neh, Donghae and Shindong are guesting for a variety show.”

Then she was suddenly so deep in her thoughts.

 

“Thinking of someone? Looks like you’re turning into a lady now, Mineul. Aigoo~” I as I caught her smiling to herself after she talked to Donghae.

“I’m not!” but I suspected that she was lying.

-----END OF  LEETEUK’S FLASHBACK-----

 

Yes, all the puzzle pieces seemed to fit. Leeteuk can’t believe he took this long to figure out that Mineul likes Donghae. Mineul who had not fallen in love before. Mineul who suddenly changed mood when she spoke about Donghae. Mineul, his best friend, has fallen in love with Donghae. Donghae who he had a quarrel with. Donghae who, in fact, picked a fight with him for being jealous. Jealous over someone’s attention. Jealous over Hyori noona’s attention. DONGHAE WHO HAD ALWAYS LOVED HYORI NOONA.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE! :)

 

*Please leave your comments & suggestions. I wanna receive some love from you, readers! No bashing please! Tell me what you want the story to be like. I receive polite criticisms, too!

 

Preview for the next chapter:

               Tiffany continued telling me about pictures that surfaced on the Internet. I guess I don’t have to tell her,  after all. She found out. Donghae oppa with me. Oh no, I wouldn’t wanna ruin oppa’s career for selfish reasons.

 

 

I STARTED USING DIFFERENT POVs!\m/

LIKE THE POSTER? ME TOO! ^.^

(Credits: POSTER- peek-a-boo! poster shop c/o MidoriMayu

CHARACTER CHART- Sweet ♥ Witches Graphic Cafe c/o BlingBlingDiva)

Are you guys getting more curious about what really happened between who? HAHAH :D I ptomise to reveal it on CHAPTER 13! :) Poor Leeteuk for forcing himself to lie to his own best friend.. Poor Mineul for not knowing a lot of things.. LOOK OUT FOR CHAPTER 13, 'kay?