Chapter 18

My Arrogant Princess

"Hongbin, get ready. We will go out tonight," said Mrs Lee when she saw her daughter who just come back from the school.

"Where we want to go, mom?" Ask Hongbin.

"You'll know later," reply Mrs Lee as she give a meaningful smile. Hongbin does not know why but she feel uneasy with that smile.

***
Hongbin sit on the car with uneasy feeling. She really want to jump out from that car. She know, her mother has plan on something. That why the woman look so happy right now. 

The car stop when they arrive at a big mansion. Its look like the owner is a very rich person. That what make Hongbin become more nervous. In her head, she keep thinking what will her mother do.

Mrs Lee pull Hongbin's hand to walk faster into the house. "Welcome to my house, Mrs Lee," said a man. Hongbin assume that man's age around fourty to fifty maybe. 

"Welcome, pretty," said the man as he take Hongbin's hand and kiss it. Hongbin fastly pull back her hand. 

"Please have a sit," said the man as he lead them to the living room. That man and Mrs Lee keep talking about different topic. But, the man keep looking at Hongbin. It make she feel uncomfortable. 

"So Mrs Lee, about my offer, whats your reply?" Ask the man as he look at Hongbin. Scanning her body. Mrs Lee smile while looking at the man.

"Of course I agree. Don't forget our deal," reply Mrs Lee with a meaningful smile. The man laugh as he nod his head. Hongbin suddenly feel nervous. She can assumes there something happen between her mother and that man.

***

"What!" Hongbin can't belive what has she heard.

"Why? I'm still young, mom. I'm still in school," said Hongbin as she look at her mother in disbelief.

"You no need to go to school anymore, Hongbin. After you married with him, you'll live in wealth. He said he want to bring you with him to stay at America. No need to worry," reply Mrs Lee. 

"But, I don't want too. I don't mind if I stay penniless. I don't want to be married with him," oppose Hongbin. She never say anything if her mother want to do something. But, this involve her future. She will not let this thing happen. She have many things that she want to do.

"I don't care if you agree or not. I'm the one who will decide on it and I already agree with it. We already have a deal. He will pay me for you," said Mrs Lee that make Hongbin become more shock. 

"Are you selling me, mom? Are you selling your own daughter for money?" Ask Hongbin as she look at her mother. She know how greedy her mother is, but she does not expect her mother willing to do something like this. 

"I'm not selling you, Hongbin. Its for your own future. I don't want you live in troubles. I'm just want you to be happy," reply Mrs Lee as she stand up and hold Hongbin's hand tightly.

Hongbin does not say anything and just walk into her room. She lock herself in her room and start to cry. She does not believe her mother. She know she can't trust her. She know it. Its enough for her to stay with her mother. She can't do it anymore. She need to escape. Yes, she need to fight if she want to free.