Chapter 10

My Arrogant Princess

"Sorry for not coming much more earlier,"said Wonshik.

"Its not your fault, Wonshik. It my own. I should be more careful. I should not trust people that I just meet easily," reply Jaehwan. She still feel shock with what has happen. Her hand still shaking hardly. 

"I should be more careful. I should realise, no boys will like me easily," continue Jaehwan as she stare outside the car. When Wonshik hear that, he stop his car immediately at the side of the road.

"What do you mean by that, Jaehwan?" Ask Wonshik as he stare at Jaehwan.

"No one will love me. I'm not beautiful like Hakyeon. I'm not y as Hakyeon. I'm not rich like Hakyeon. I would never be the same as Hakyeon. I'm just an ugly and poor girl. No one will love me,"reply Jaehwan as she crying. She really feel sad. She know she's just no one compare to Hakyeon. She know Wonshik like Hakyeon. No one can resist Hakyeon's beauty. 

Suddenly she feel something soft on her lips. Its Wonshik's. Jaehwan look at Wonshik with wide eyes. What he just do? 

"Of course you and Hakyeon are not same. You much more better than her for me. You beautiful. You pretty. You cute. You lovely. Don't ever think like that again. Don't ever think that there no people will like you. Because you already has one. I love you Jaehwan. I love you so much," confess Wonshik. Jaehwan keep silent and does not reply that boy's confession. 

"You can think first. I don't want to force you. You can give your answer when you ready," said Wonshik as he drive his car away from that place. 

***

"Are you okay? What happen, Jaehwan?" Ask Mrs Cha when she saw how miserable that girl is. Jaehwan just shake her head few times before she walk toward her room. 

"What happen, young man? Did you do something bad to her? Tell me?" Yell Mrs Cha as she hold Wonshik's collar.

"Emm.. no, not me," reply Wonshik as he stuttering. How he should react in this kind of situation?

"Let him go, my lovely stepmother," said Hakyeon as she walk down the stairs. Mrs Cha release the boy but still glaring at him.

"Not him mom. He's the one who help Jaehwan," said Hakyeon. Mrs Cha's look become softer. She immediately smile as she hold Wonshik's hand.

"Thank you for helping my Jaehwan. I know, a handsome boy like you will not do anything bad toward my Jaehwan," said Mrs Cha. Hakyeon roll her eyes. Wonshik just smile at the woman awkwardly. Just few seconds ago, she looking at him like she want to eat him. Now, she's smiling sweetly at him. How can she change so fast. 

"Mom, let his hand go. He need to go back home. Its already late," said Hakyeon as she pull Wonshik's hand from Mrs Cha's grip. 

"Yah, Cha Hakyeon. Its been long time a handsome boy come to our house, let him stay for more times," said Mrs Cha as she pouting. 

"Thats why I told you to remarry,"reply Hakyeon as she pull Wonshik out from the house.

"Bye handsome. Don't forget to come again," said Mrs Cha as she wave her hand. Wonshik just bow slightly before he walk out from the house.

"Your mother is so cheerful even when she's quite scary. But, why you like this?" Ask Wonshik as he look at Hakyeon weirdly.

"What do you mean?" Ask Hakyeon as she cross her arms.

"That what I mean. Why can't you smile. You're so cold," said Wonshik as he enter his car. 

"Wait, how do you know about what happen to Jaehwan?" Ask Wonshik when he realise that he's not telling her anything about Jaehwan.

"Just guessing," said Hakyeon as she leave the boy and enter her house. Wonshik just raise his shoulders before he drive back to his house.