4xfast

Dive in


The relay is rushed because Yoongi shows up late. Jackson, Taehyung and Jungkook wait for him in lane 4, only a minute away from swimming.

He shows up calmly, not taking complaints from anyone.

The order of the relay is Yoongi, Jackson, Taehyung and then Jungkook. 

Once the whistle blows, the swimmers take their marks. 

Yoongi starts it off, diving in and doing his aggressive front crawl. Jackson lines up on the block, awaiting the boy to touch the wall. 

Taehyung jumps up and down, shaking out his arms and legs. He's a little nervous as this is the first relay of the season. He lets out a breath when Jackson dives into the water.

"It'll be okay. You'll do fine." Jungkook murmurs from behind. Taehyung nods, not looking back to the lifeguard as he puts his goggles on. His stomach is full of butterflies and Jungkook's words don't really help with that. Jackson is halfway through his lap already.

Everyone is cheering loudly for their relay team, the spirit really lighting up the darkness of the pool. 

Taehyung climbs onto the block, stretching out his arms one last time. 

From behind him, Jungkook watches the boy nervously fidget on the block as he waits for Jackson to touch the wall. 

It's kind of cute.

Finally Jackson arrives, Taehyung diving off the block without a second to waste. Jungkook cheers a little, noticing that their group is currently first. 

He steps onto the block, Jackson and Yoongi breathlessly watching behind him.

Taehyung seems to loose speed slightly, allowing the other team to gain on them. 

Yoongi swears through anger, however Jungkook keeps his cool. He'll bring them to victory, there will be no one to blame.

Taehyung touches the wall, Jungkook diving over him, almost in slow motion.  Taehyung looks up and see's the older boy, just flying over his head, body glistening. 

The lifeguard hits the water smoothly and Taehyung gets out of the water to watch the race.

The other team that was tied with them is now far behind as Jungkook swims extremely quickly. His long arms glide through the water, making it quicker for him than others.

The race isn't that surprising, as Jungkook touches the wall before everyone. Jackson and Taehyung jump up and down happily about their first win, Yoongi just glancing at the lifeguard in the water.

Jungkook gets out of the water, dripping wet as he's greeted with loud cheers.

"Good job Jungkook! We won!" Taehyung says joyfully, along with Jackson. He smiles warmly and high fives the boys. Yoongi is no where to be seen.

~

As Hoseok watches the commotion of the relay and the ongoing cheers from everyone, he notices the grouchy boy leaving the crowd of excitement, watching the boy stride over to the bench. Yoongi takes his goggles off and shoves them in his bag. It's strange to see him especially grumpy even after a win.

So Hoseok, being the enthusiastic one he is, walks over to Yoongi.

"Aren't you happy Yoongi? You guys won the first relay of the season!" Hoseok says with joy, however it's hard to hold with the daggers Yoongi shoots through his eyes.

"Mm." He says, throwing on his sweater and shorts.

"Why aren't you celebrating?" Hoseok asks, his face dropping a bit.

"I.. no reason." Yoongi mumbles, not looking up at Hoseok. He angrily swings his bag over his shoulder.

"Tell me!" The happy boy tries, looking intently at Yoongi.

"Go away." Yoongi sighs, walking past Hoseok. However Hoseok grabs Yoongi's pale wrist, pulling him back.

"Tell me, I won't stop bugging you until you tell me!" He tries again, seeing a little more emotion on the grumpy boys face.

"Hoseok would you stop? I'm just jealous. That's all." Yoongi says, the last part coming out to barely audible.

"W..what! Jealous of who? You're the best swimmer in our group!" Hoseok says, loosening his grip on the boy. 

"Jungkook. That friggin lifeguard that everyone suddenly loves." Yoongi says harshly before ripping his hand away from Hoseok and walking away. 

Hoseok pouts, watching the boy disappear.