Pool sleepover pt.5

Dive in

After a few minutes of looking between the tent and pool, Taehyung makes his decision. 


"Taehyung-ah, why are you still here?" Jungkook asks the boy, his brows furrowed in confusion. 

"I think... I'll stay with you. Is that okay?" Taehyung asks as he approaches the slightly damp mattress.

"Yeah.. of course! But my duty is to stay up all night, can you handle it?" Jungkook asks as he scoots over to make some room for the boy.

Taehyung hops onto the mattress and nods excitedly. He's pretty far from Jungkook, but the lifeguard holds out his blanket.

"We can share, come closer." He says with a genuine smile and Taehyung accepts the space underneath Jungkook's blanket. Jungkook lays down too, so both boys are warm under the blanket.

Taehyung is a little uncomfortable just laying on his back, so he turns to his side, facing Jungkook. 

What he doesn't realize is that the boy is also on his side, facing Taehyung. Taehyung smiles a little when makes eye contact with Jungkook, and the older smiles back. They just look at each other for a few moments, silence rising upon them. 

Taehyung's never been this close to his lifeguards face, and he notices quite a bit. Like a discreet scar on on of his cheeks. And a small mole under his lip. 

Taehyung's eyes start to feel a little heavy and without even noticing, they start to close with the view of Jungkook in his head.


"Hey.." Jungkook huffs when he sees Taehyung falling asleep. The younger opens his eyes again, noticing that Jungkook's face is even closer than before. The younger breaks their eye contact quickly, only to move his eyes to Jungkook's red lips.

"..sorry." 

The moment is silent, as both boys are only inches away from each other, Jungkook's breath just ghosting over Taehyung's face. His lips are so irresistibly close all of a sudden.

As Taehyung adjusts his face a little, Jungkook notices the boys bangs falling in front of his eyes. 

The lifeguard can't help himself from gently pushing the hair away from Taehyung's face with his hand. However instead of moving his hand back, Jungkook decides to push his hand a little farther into the boys hair.

He caresses Taehyung's head gently, enjoying the feeling of the boys soft locks. 

However he isn't at all aware about how the younger boy feels at this moment. 

Taehyung is currently laying inches away from the best looking lifeguard at his pool, and that same lifeguard is playing with his hair. 

His breath is slightly uneven and he his lips as Jungkook's hand comes down to cup Taehyung's cheek.

He suddenly feels an urge to be closer to the lifeguard, and urge to end his soft teasing. He doesn't want Jungkook to play him or lead him on, he just wants to confirm something. 

So when Jungkook's fingers move from his cheek to lower and he softly skims his thumb against Taehyung's lips, the boy decides he's had enough.

He grabs Jungkook's hand and gently pulls it away from his face. 

"Taehyung wh..." 

"Stop." Taehyung says quietly before letting go of Jungkook's hand and pushing himself up til he's hovered over the older. He's unsure if it's the right thing to do, but Jungkook is too close and Taehyung's mind starts spinning. Taehyung grabs Jungkook's chin and tilts Jungkook's head in the right position.

Before Jungkook can question the boy, Taehyung is leaning in at the same slow pace as Jungkook, moments away from getting what he's wanted for a while now. They both close their eyes when the proximity is almost too much.

Taehyung's lips ache to be connected as he hears Jungkook's breath quicken. Taehyung decides to end the agony by attaching their lips.


Just as Jungkook feels the very tip of Taehyung's warm, soft lips, a noise startles both boys away from each other. Jungkook sitting up and Taehyung scooting far away from Jungkook, almost falling off the mattress in an instant. 


And the noise belongs to Sally, who's standing outside of her tent with squinting eyes as she looks around.

"I can't see the bathroom! I have to pee." She says loudly. 

Jungkook sighs quietly, pushing himself out of his blanket and up from the mattress. His stomach is full of butterflies and his face is tomato red. 

"Hey, I'll show you the way." Jungkook's voice is a little shaky as he quickly approaches the girl who's standing all alone.

And he doesn't look back at Taehyung as he walks Sally over to the bathroom. 

~

Taehyung, who's heart is still pounding out of his chest, let's out a breath.

They really almost kissed.... they practically did kiss.


Taehyung is way too tired to think about what it all means, was it an accident, was it from being tired and being cold? 

The only way to make things not so awkward when Jungkook gets back is to pretend to sleep. So that's exactly what Taehyung does, laying back down in the blanket and closing his eyes. 

When Jungkook gets back, Taehyung is cuddled up in the blankets, eyes closed. 

"That didn't last long." Jungkook let's out a breathy laugh as he gets back onto the mattress. The wind continues to blow, and Taehyung sort of stole Jungkook's blanket so the lifeguard has no other option than to scoot closer.

So Jungkook pulls some of the blanket and sneaks himself under it, Taehyung sleeping to the left of him. Jungkook lays on his back, looking up at the sky while Taehyung lays on his side, facing the lifeguard.

"How the hell am I suppose to stay awake now!" Jungkook mumbles, his eyes threatening to close as he succumbs to the warmth. Taehyung's body radiates most of the heat, only making Jungkook want to move a little closer.

And as Jungkook looks to Tae, he tries to forget about their moment from before, when their lips had just touched. He hadn't realized it then in the moment, but there must be some rule against swimmer/coach relationships. He shouldn't be kissing his swimmers, or letting them kiss him. However for some reason his mind doesn't seem to care in this moment. 

But when Jungkook watches Taehyung sleep soundly, his face nice and calm, Jungkook can't see anything wrong with it. Especially with Taehyung's perfect lips.

He wishes for a second chance at that kiss. And if not now, then hopefully soon.