Harder than that

Dive in


Lisa begins the practise, warming the team up with 6 laps of front crawl. 

She places the swimmers in order from fasted to slowest, putting Yoongi first and Hoseok last (sorry Hobi) 

Taehyung is second and Jisoo goes third. 

"Why can't I go last! I'm slower than Hoseok." Jisoo complains, watching Yoongi push off the wall.

"Because you need to be pushed! I know you're faster than you think Jisoo." Lisa says while Jungkook observes.

Taehyung is suddenly pushing off the wall, his body going underwater for quite a while before he pops up half way through the lane.

"That boy can hold his breath for so long." Lisa murmurs as she watches him glide through the water.

"So Yoongi's the fastest on the team?" Jungkook asks, watching the grumpy boy stride ahead of the rest.

"Yeah well, he's been in a lot of training. Which makes him a little arrogant. Yoongi may be the fastest, but Taehyung definitely works the hardest." Lisa says, watching the two boys swim ahead of the rest of the team.

They finish the 6 laps quickly, removing their goggles from their eyes to look up at their coaches.

"Jungkook-ah, now it's your turn to decide the set." Lisa says, backing a step away.

"Alright, now that you've all warmed up, we're going to be doing sprints. Since it's the first practise, we'll only do 4 each. Starting with Yoongi." Jungkook says. Hoseok sighs along with Jisoo. They hate sprints more than anything.

"Each lap is a full-out sprint. Yoongi, you start...now, go." Jungkook calls out, looking at the big clock on the staff building. 

Yoongi bolts off the wall, harshly swimming front crawl.

"Taehyung....go." Jungkook says five seconds after Yoongi leaves.

Taehyung barely even waits for Jungkook's signal before he's leaving the wall and kicking smoothly underwater. 

"Jisoo go." 

"Hoseok, go."

Soon enough, the four swimmers are doing their sprints. Jisoo chooses to sprint in back crawl, as Hoseok does . The other boys stick with Front crawl as it's the fastest. 

"You gotta be harder than that! 4 sprints won't do them any good." Lisa says with some force, somehow making Jungkook uncomfortable.

"Look, I'll show you." Lisa says, stepping to the edge of the pool.

Yoongi arrives, touching the wall harshly. 

"Come on Taehyung, catch up fast! You can't go slowly or you'll do push ups." Lisa yells as Taehyung is halfway to the wall. Jungkook notices a sudden increase in the boys speed as he quicks his sprint to the wall.

"How'd you do that?" Jungkook asks, impressed by Lisa's ways.

"They never go full out unless you catch them going slow." She says, causing Jungkook to think for a second. 

Taehyung hits the wall with his hand, breathlessly standing up in the water and pulling his goggles off.

"Tired yet?" Jungkook teases when he watches the younger boy huff and puff.

"Not yet." He says, looking up at Jungkook. 

Jisoo and Hoseok finish at almost the exact same time and they're breathless.

"Okay, since competition is tomorrow, we'll practise flip turns and dives. Everyone get out." Lisa says, backing away so she doesn't get wet. Jungkook also backs away, observing the swimmers. 

"Does everyone know how to do a proper dive?" Lisa asks, looking at the 4 heavily breathing swimmers in front of her. 

Jisoo and Hoseok shake their heads. Taehyung doesn't respond and Yoongi is quick to answer.

"Of course." He says dryly.

"Then would you like to demonstrate to the rest?" Lisa asks politely.

"No. Actually, I'd rather see Jungkook demonstrate." He says, pointing to the lifeguard. Jungkook is taken aback for a second. He looks at Lisa, who's a little irritated.

The rest of the swimmers just look at Jungkook, almost awaiting his demonstration.

"Of course, I'm here to coach after all." Jungkook says, smiling at Lisa before looking around for goggles to use.

"Can I borrow these?" Jungkook asks Taehyung, finding his gold rimmed goggles sitting on the block. The younger nods, stepping back to leave room for Jungkook to dive.

Jungkook puts the goggles on, climbing onto the block and taking a few steps to the edge of it before leaning over. He places his left foot on the edge of the block, while his right foot stays behind him.

Then Jungkook puts both his his hands on the floor in front of him, almost like a track starting positions

"Swimmer take your mark." Lisa calls out, Jungkook leaning his body back a bit.

"Go!" Lisa yells.

Jungkook pushes off of the block, hovering in the air for a second as he stretches out his body, before landing hands first in the water. Then comes his head, chest, stomach and legs. 

It's a perfect dive, and no one can complain.

"Wow." Taehyung says under his breath as the lifeguard swims back to the wall. Yoongi still doesn't have a reaction on his face but Jungkook is happy he could make the other swimmers happy.

"That was really good!" Hoseok says as Jungkook lifts his dripping body from the water. He takes off the goggles and hands them back to Taehyung. 

"Was it good?" He asks the boy in front of him.

"It was okay." Taehyung says, smirking a little when Jungkook hears the under-compliment. 

"Oh come on. It was great." Jungkook teases, Lisa laughing behind him. 

"Well, we all understand now so can I start." Yoongi says, looking back at the two coaches. Lisa nods, her lips twitching in annoyance. 

Jungkook awaits the performance of the swimmers with excitement.