Apologies

Dive in

In the late afternoon of Monday, after his shift, Jungkook finds himself standing in front of Kim Taehyung's house, holding a box of chocolates in his hands as he carefully rings the doorbell. 

He's wearing a red, white and black striped sweater, it's kind of fluffy and hot but it's one of Jungkook's nicest articles of clothing. He also wears his nicest black jeans and timberlands on his feet.

He's not too sure what his plan is or how he's feeling right now. Only a week or two ago did Jungkook start to realize he might be feeling something for his swimmer, and now he's doing something very bold and pouring his heart out. Or well, apologizing. 

The door opens, startling Jungkook as he straightens up and expects Taehyung to be at the door.

However it's not Taehyung, but rather a pretty lady with long brown hair and big brown eyes.

"Hello? How may I help you." She says sweetly as she looks at the well dressed boy in front of her door.

"I'm here for Taehyung." Jungkook says with a small smile. What Jungkook assumes to be Taehyung's mom suddenly moves from the door to let Jungkook in.

"I've never seen you before?" She says while closing the door behind Jungkook.

"Yeah I'm actually Jeon Jungkook, Taehyung's... uh, swim coach." Jungkook says a little less confidently, suddenly hiding the box of chocolates behind his back.

He's not sure what Miss Kim's reaction would be if she noticed he was holding chocolates out for his swimmer. Not when she doesn't know the story yet.

"Ahh nice to meet you! I'm Taehyung's mother. Taehyung is just upstairs in his room. Second door to the left." Miss Kim says while pointing for Jungkook to go up the stairs. Jungkook thanks her briefly before making his way up the stairs.

Once he's up the stairs and walking down the narrow hallway, it finally starts to hit him. 

He thinks about how Taehyung had cried in his room all day because of Jungkook's non-verbal rejection. He thinks about the words he's going to have to muster up to reveal the truth. He even thinks about how nice Taehyung's mom seems even after she should hate Jungkook for hurting her son. If only she'd known.

Jungkook finally reaches Taehyung's door, standing just outside of it with a beating heart and heavy breaths.

With two knocks, Jungkook awaits the younger boy to answer. 

"This better be important." Taehyung suddenly yells from his side of the room. Jungkook chuckles a little before carefully opening the door.

When Jungkook walks into Taehyung's room, he sees Taehyung's bed in the left corner of the room. There's light blue blankets piled on the bed and Jungkook assumes the younger boy is somewhere underneath.

"What do you want mo..." Taehyung pushes the blanket from his face and sits up on his bed before looking at the figure in his doorway.

"J..Jungkook?" Taehyung is more than surprised, looking at the lifeguard in shock as Jungkook carefully smiles.

"Hello Taehyung." Jungkook says before inviting himself fully into Taehyung's small room, closing the door behind him.

Next to the boys bed he has a desk with a computer, video games scattered everywhere. Then on the other side he has a small dresser and closet.

"W..what are you doing here?" Taehyung asks after watching Jungkook tour around his room. He's not sure how he feels about Jungkook being in his room right now, especially when he looks like .

Jungkook trains his eyes back to the half hidden boy and smiles again.

"I think we should talk." Jungkook says with more confidence as he sits on the edge of the bed and faces Taehyung.

~

Taehyung is speechless, sitting up on his bed with his blankets clutched in his hand as he looks down nervously. 

Jungkook sits in front of him on the edge of his bed, something in his hands and a weird smile on his face. He shouldn't be smiling, Taehyung feels he should be angry. Mad, annoyed. After all, Taehyung did mess up a lot for the lifeguard.

However Taehyung should also be feeling mad. And maybe a little sad.

"Taehyung, I need to start this off by apologizing." 

His words surprise the younger. Taehyung looks up to see Jungkook's sincere face, closing the eye contact between them.

Taehyung isn't quite sure how he feels about the words, suddenly remembering the way Jungkook treated him the last week or left him in the bathroom. That's probably what he's apologizing for.

"I was rude to you and mean and unfair all of last week. I forced you to swim stuff that you couldn't and I made a huge mistake." Jungkook says a little sadly. Taehyung isn't sure what to say so he continues to keep quiet while staring at the boy in front of him.

"I was so focused on the evaluation and trying to do well that I ruined something else. Something more important." 

Taehyung starts to feel emotional, looking at Jungkook who looks guilty. And Jungkook should feel slightly guilty but Taehyung is also in fault.

"Wait Jungkook! It's was all my fault, I was the one who..."

"No stop. Taehyung I've made a lot of mistakes recently. Like pushing you away, being selfish and bossing everyone around... but."

Jungkook continues to speak, not breaking his eye contact at all while talking to Taehyung. And Taehyung can't look away from Jungkook's hypnotizing face. 

"My biggest mistake.... "

Taehyung awaits the boys next words, feeling as time is frozen as Jungkook's cheeks turn slightly pink.

"...Was not kissing you when I had the chance." Jungkook says.

Taehyung's stomach drops, his heart picking up speed all of a sudden as he nervously looks Jungkook in the eye.

"What..do you mean.." Taehyung isn't sure what to do or say and he doesn't want to get his hopes up.

"I'm asking you now, if you would let me, just for a second, kiss you? Am I allowed a third chance Taehyung?" Jungkook asks the boy in front of him, who's still clutching his blue blanket in his hands.

Taehyung's too nervous and surprised to speak, so he just nods his head slowly, feeling slightly hesitant towards Jungkook. What if he's just joking? But Taehyung doesn't want to say no either-he can't say no. 

Not wanting to look at the boy in front of him, Taehyung keeps his head down shyly. He's not sure if Jungkook is plotting something, but the lifeguards face is only sincere and nothing else.

Jungkook let's go of the box of chocolates in his hand, leaving it on the bed as he brings his hand up to Taehyung's face and gently caresses his thumb over the boys cheek like he did at the sleepover. 

He smiles when he feels the heat there and starts to lean in slowly. He then moves his hand from Taehyung's cheek to his neck, and slowly pulls the younger's face a little closer.

Once they're only an inches away, Jungkook can smell a very sweet, addictive scent radiating off of the younger. Almost like candy. 

With one last look at Taehyung, Jungkook closes his eyes, knowing this is exactly what he wants, before finally connecting his lips to Taehyung's.

Taehyung is relieved when he feels Jungkook's lips, not having him pull away this time.

The kiss starts off short and sweet, lasting only a few seconds before Jungkook pulls away just a bit.

However when he pulls way, Taehyung is a little dissapointed by the lack of contact. 

"Is this okay?" Jungkook asks, his voice quiet as he continues to hold Taehyung's face close to his.

"Yes." Taehyung says, wanting the boy to continue. Jungkook hesitates, unsure if Taehyung wants it.

"Are you sure?"  

As a hormonal teenager, Taehyung definetly craves more from that kiss and he doesn't hold back. 

Taehyung rolls his eyes before grabbing the hem of Jungkook's sweater and pulling him in for another kiss.

This time, the kiss is a little less short and more lingering. Taehyung moves his mouth against Jungkook's, enjoying every feel of the olders soft lips. 

Taehyung is eager for more and he leans over Jungkook through the kiss until Jungkook is falling back on the bed. Without breaking the kiss, Taehyung places his hands on either side of Jungkook and suddenly straddles him for better access.

Jungkook is suprised when he feels Taehyung's legs around him, breaking the kiss for a second to look at the boy. However Taehyung looks incredibly hot and he can't hold back as he reattaches their lips. The kiss continues to be soft and innocent-no matter the position they're in. 

However Jungkook starts to feel as if things are starting to be more serious. As he feels Taehyung beginning to get more comfortable in the kiss, he suddenly lets his tongue slide into the youngers mouth, Taehyung slightly with approval.

Jungkook cards his hand through the younger's hair, pushing him into the kiss more aggressively. 

They make out for a long time, Taehyung hovering over the lifeguard and Jungkook enjoying the wonderful feeling of Taehyung's mouth. Even thought he wanted to be the one initiating the kiss, Taehyung seemed a lot more confident.

"Have you done this before?" Jungkook asks Taehyung through kisses.

"No.. You're my first." Taehyung says with a small smirk before detaching his lips from the olders mouth and placing them on his neck. 

Taehyung places kisses all over Jungkook's neck, up to his ear before Taehyung tugs on it with his teeth. 

He's not sure where he got such confidence or when things escalated, however Taehyung has always had pretty naughty thoughts about his coach and he's always wished to make them come true. One step at a time. 

Jungkook tries not to let out a moan when Taehyung's teeth tug on his pierced ear. The boy moves his lips back to Jungkook's mouth, reuniting their lips anxiously. 

Taehyung's hands rub up and down Jungkook's chest as he deepens the kiss and Jungkook starts to get really hot. 

"Taehyung-ahh." Jungkook notices the slight friction on his lower region when Taehyung becomes harder. 

Taehyung also seems to notice it because he suddenly rubs his clothed against Jungkook's ever so subtly, causing another moan from the lifeguard.

Jungkook wants to flip the younger over and pound right into him, but for some reason he feels even more letting the younger control him. 

This time around. 

"You're so hot Tae." Jungkook breaths out when Taehyung's hands make their way underneath the lifeguards shirt. 

Jungkook knows that if this were to 
happen again, he'd be the one dominating the boy, now he's just giving the younger a chance to do what he wants. 

Taehyung brings his hands from under Jungkook's shirt, touching his hard abs, to the bottom of his shirt as he begins to tug on it. 

Things start to escalate really fast and just as Taehyung is about to pull off Jungkook's shirt-he suddenly hears a loud knock on his door. 

"Taehyung...someone's at the door for Jungkook..? He said his name is Jin and that he's here to pick Jungkook up." Taehyung's mom yells through the door. 


Jungkook groans, looking up at Taehyung who still has a pleasured look on his face, turning into annoyance.

"Be there in a sec." Taehyung's voice is slightly strained as he hears his mothers footsteps going down the stairs.

"Looks like we got a little carried away." Taehyung says while looking down at a swollen lipped Jungkook. He his lips.

"Yeah. I didn't know you'd be so after all I did was apologize." Jungkook teases while bucking his hips up once, eliciting a quiet moan from the younger. 

"Jungkook-ah, don't go." Taehyung complains when the older starts to push himself up in a sitting position.

"I would stay, but I have to find out if I passed the evaluation or not." Jungkook says while sitting up with Taehyung still in his lap.

"Can we... talk about... this? Later?" Taehyung brings up, not wanting to completely forget about what just happened between them, not to mention how heated it got. 

"Of course." Jungkook says, pecking Taehyung's lips before awaiting the younger boy to get off.

Taehyung climbs off sadly and sits himself on the bed while watching Jungkook push himself off the bed. Taehyung suddenly feels a little sad when Jungkook brings up the evaluation, reminding him of what Namjoon had seen.

Jungkook takes a deep breath, running his hand through his hair as he looks at the door.

"Jungkook." Taehyung's voice rings in his head, causing him to turn around.

When he turns around, Taehyung's face shows a shield of guilt.

"I really hope you get the permanent job. And I really hope I don't cost you your job." Taehyung says, looking down as he thinks about what they would say to Jungkook. He can't even imagine being the reason for Jungkook loosing a job.

Jungkook listens before remembering something.

"Tae...please don't worry about it. Oh and before I go, I forgot to say something." Jungkook says, reaching onto the bed to grab the object that was in his hands earlier. 

"I got totally carried away, like I always do, but I was suppose to tell you something. I didn't just want to apologize but also.. tell you  that I like you. I really like you. Maybe we don't know each other yet. I've only seen you swim and speak about practise and laps, but I already know that I like you Taehyung." Jungkook says with a wide smile. He hands the younger boy the box of chocolates and hopes to be excepted.

Taehyung smiles down at the box of chocolates before looking up at the lifeguard with a shocked face. 

"Wow Jungkook. I didn't know you felt that way..." Taehyung says which baffles Jungkook a little. He's about to question the younger when Taehyung starts to laugh.

"It's a joke! I kind of thought that once you kissed me, your feelings were pretty set in stone." Taehyung says with a shy smile as he watches the older roll his eyes. 

"Yeah Yeah, I was trying to get acceptance from you. In word form... to prove to you how much I like you. " Jungkook babbles and Taehyung just admires the boy in front of him.

"Jungkook, I really like you too. Now please make sure your goes away before confronting Namjoon." Taehyung says out of the blue, ruining Jungkook's perfect moment as he points down to Jungkook's crotch.

Both boys laugh though, and Jungkook finally leaves Taehyung's room when his mother knocks on the door again, telling them to hurry up. 

Jungkook quickly heads to the car in the drive way, smirking as he enters it and closes the door.

"So I'm assuming everything went pretty well?" Jin asks the boy.

"Everything went amazing." Jungkook says, still remembering Taehyung's lips on his, or his un-romantic confession that had the boys in tears. 

"I'm glad you're happy." Jin says with a smile.

"Me too. Im glad I'm happy, but I'm also glad he's happy." 

Jungkook says, not thinking about what could happen if he fails the examination. At least he got something out of it.