Hes tired

Dive in

It's Friday, the dreadful day for swim practise. Hard day.

Jungkook has his set all planned out for practise as he brings the white board over to lane 6, where the usual swimmers are waiting with Lisa.

"It's already 9:02, hop in!" Jungkook says to his small group, putting the white board down on the block which Lisa takes a look at.

"Wow pretty good. I might step it up a little if that's alright but this is a good start." She says, looking at the tough practise Jungkook has come up with.

"Their arms will be sore after today." Jungkook laughs along with Lisa.

Once the 200m (8 laps) warmup is done, the five swimmers wait at the wall. Jackson is actually here this time.

"Alright everyone, today's practise will be a pain, so make sure you work hard. If you miss a flip turn, it's 5 push ups." Lisa says, looking down at the scared faces. Taehyung sighs with Hoseok and Jisoo.

"To start off, you'll be doing a 300m (12 laps) of pull. So put the pull boy in between your legs and remember not to kick at all." Lisa says, tossing each swimmer a pull boy.

Yoongi starts, pushing off the wall with no hesitation. Taehyung waits 5 seconds later to go.

The first 300m is a little tough, but it's not all that bad. Even Hoseok and Jisoo feel fine when it's over.

"Good job everyone, now it will get a little tougher. Starting with an 4x25 sprint on 40 (4 laps sprinting, each has to be less than 40 seconds.)

Taehyung looks up at Lisa with a little bit of a frown, before rushing to put his goggles on as Yoongi has already left.

He pushes off, going full out right away. His first sprint in good, feeling strong and fast. 

Taehyung touches the wall, hoping to be able to rest a bit since he was faster then 40 seconds.

"Go." Jungkook shouts, telling Taehyung to do his next lap. He puts his goggles back on and pushes off the wall with as much speed as he has left.

4 laps sprinting is a little harder then Taehyung expected but he gets it done. 

"While we wait for Jisoo and Hoseok to finish, I'll tell you the next set." Jungkook says to the three boys in front of him.

"200m pull, and then 6x25 on 35." 
(8 laps pull, 6 sprints, each 35 seconds or less) 

Yoongi is quick to leave, not giving Taehyung anytime to take a break.

"Go Taehyung." Jungkook says, making the boy rush to push off the wall. 

His arms are starting to feel heavy as he does his 4th lap of pull. It's a little much, doing this much pull. Yoongi is starting to be quite ahead of Taehyung and he can't seem to catch up.

The 200m takes a little long, but Jackson, Yoongi and Taehyung manage to finish it. 

"Okay, next set. Remember to sprint because it's on 35." Lisa says with her eyes fiercely on the three boys.

And this is when things really start to get hard. The first two sprints are okay, Taehyung had the energy.

However when he reaches the third, he starts to feel less fast and more breathless. Instead of breathing every three , he starts to breath every one.

When Taehyung touches the wall, he doesn't even have time to rest because he took longer than 35 seconds.

"Taehyung, too slow! Go faster." Lisa yells, telling the boy to go do his next lap. 

Yoongi has now overlapped Jackson, Hoseok and Jisoo, and he's going quite fast. Taehyung is loosing speed more and more per lap.

He stops at the wall to catch some breath but Lisa yells at him to go again.

He looks up at her and Jungkook with some worry in his eyes because he's too tired to sprint anymore. 

"Come on Taehyung. You don't wanna do push ups!" She says, which forces the boy to do another lap. He sighs, feeling anger in himself for slowing down. He pushes it down though, shoving his goggles on and going underwater. 

Taehyung tries to sprint, feeling more dizzy from holding his breath and doing flip turns. 

Taehyung's last sprint is done and he touches the wall with no energy.

"Alright, continuing on with the set, now it's 150m pull. After that we'll finish off with 8x25 sprint on 30. Yoongi can go on 25."

(6 laps pull, 8 sprints-30 secs each)

Taehyung is still completely breathless, unsure if he's even able to complete this set. His cheeks are burning and he's a little dizzy.

He pushes off the wall, his arms in pain from all the pull. 

Taehyung is suppose to do flip turns however on his way back, he just touches the wall with his hands.

"Taehyung-ah, are you tired?" Jungkook asks, looking at the gasping boy with slight worry.

"Yes." Taehyung says angrily, wishing the set wasn't so hard so he wouldn't have to embarrass himself by swimming so slowly. Now Jungkook probably thinks he's the slowest swimmer.

Taehyung gladly finishes his pull, suddenly dreading the absolute hardest part about practise. The 8 sprints on 30 seconds.

Yoongi has to do it on 25, which is even harder, however the boy isn't even breaking a sweat.

"Go." Taehyung hears the male lifeguards voice, causing him to push off the wall even though he doesn't feel he can sprint anymore.

He swims slowly, dragging his arms and breathing more often then usual. The flip turns kill him, taking away even more energy. While he's on his 4th lap, he hears a voice.

"Taehyung what's wrong with you?" Lisa yells, watching the boy swimming slow as others are still going at a good pace.

What no ones knows is that Jisoo and Hoseok skipped 4 whole laps, making Taehyung look like he was last. They were in front of him not because they were faster, but because they were behind on 4 laps.

Taehyung didn't know either, and he began to swim slowly, feeling as if he was now the slowest swimmer on the team. It was discouraging and embarrassing. 

When Taehyung gets to the wall, instead of doing his flip turn, he stops again and takes a break.

"What's wrong?" Lisa asks, almost mocking the boy for stopping again.

"I'm tired." He says, voice a little shaky, tinted with irritation as he takes deep breaths. Lisa doesn't speak again, and Jungkook watches the boy with guilt. 

"Alright Taehyung, just two more laps." Jungkook laughs a little, trying to lighten the tired boys mood a little. 

Taehyung doesn't look at the lifeguard, but instead goes underwater and pushes off the wall with a little bit of aggression.

"Why'd you add the extra 8x25! It's clearly too hard for some of them." Jungkook says, a little irritated at Lisa for pushing them so hard.

"Some of them? Taehyung's last right now, everyone seems to be doing fine. Even Yoongi needed a harder practise because it was too easy for him." Lisa says, crossing her arms as she watches oblivious to the fact that two swimmers have skipped laps.

Once practise is finally over and Taehyung is done his last two laps, he's first out of the water. He goes to his bag, pulling out his towel and quickly drying himself off aggressively. Jackson joins him, his bag being with Taehyung's.

"God I feel so slow. What's wrong with me. Lisa was looking at me with so much disappointment." Taehyung says, more to himself but Jackson listens to te aggressive banter. 

"What do you mean? You kept your pace the whole time." He says, pulling off his goggles.

"No! Even Jisoo and Hoseok passed me. I don't know how but they ended before me." Taehyung says, feeling angry at himself.

"They skipped like 4 laps.." Jackson says, confused at Taehyung's anger.

"W..huh?" 

"You were second the whole time." Jackson says, smiling at the boy all of a sudden.

"Wait... so then Lisa and Jungkook think I'm slow but I'm actually not?" Taehyung says, feeling a little annoyed now.

"I can tell her that they skipped if you want?" Jackson says, already making his way over to where Lisa and Jungkook are standing.

"Noooo it's fine. I don't want to snitch." Taehyung panics, pulling Jackson by the arm.

"Alright well, see you next week." Jackson says, waving to Taehyung before leaving. 

Taehyung lets out a sigh of relief that practise is over and heads on home.