Pool sleepover pt.4

Dive in

When both boys finally finish blowing up the ridiculous mattress, it's already 1:30am.

Almost everyone is asleep, especially the younger kids. The lifeguards are probably still awake in their tents, Namjoon and Jin sure are.

"Are you going to Jimin's tent to sleep?" Jungkook asks the younger boy who's lifting Jungkook's mattress and moving it to a spot near the pool.

"Not sure yet, maybe I will." Taehyung says, trying to see infront of him however the mattress blocks his view. Jungkook warns the younger to be careful as he walks. 

Taehyung just nods, deciding he found the right spot before throwing the mattress down. However when Taehyung lets go, the mattress is blown with the wind, and it's much lighter than Taehyung had thought.

The mattress slowly blows over the edge of concrete and into the pool, landing in the wetness.

With wide eyes, Taehyung turns back to Jungkook.

" sorry! I'll get that back for you." Taehyung says with determination as he turns back to the mattress, which is now even farther.

"It's fine I can do it." Jungkook says, taking a step closer, however Taehyung puts an arm out to stop Jungkook. 

He eyes the mattress as it blows to the middle of the pool. So Taehyung crosses the pool to catch it when it touches the wall. However it doesn't touch the wall he's at, instead it blows back to the other side.

The wind makes the younger shiver a little, not realizing the temperature had raised.

"Yah Taehyung let me do it." Jungkook shouts again but it's useless as Taehyung continues to circle around the pool and catch the mattress.

This time, the boy finally gets close, arm length away. He stretches his arm out far, leaning over the pool as he tries to grab the tip of it. 

However the wind seems to blow harder, catching the boy off guard a little. The moment is frozen as Taehyung starts to loose balance, leaning more forwards towards the pool than the ground behind him.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook yells, running over to try and catch the boy.

The next few seconds confuse both boys. First, Taehyung is about to fall in the pool when he decides to jump and land onto the mattress.

While the younger jumps, Jungkook is worried he'll fall in, so he too jumps. And they both land on the mattress.

Taehyung laying on his back, and Jungkook jumping right next to the boy and landing on his stomach. He almost lands on Taehyung but dodged him last second. 

"Jeez Taehyung, you scared me." Jungkook says breathlessly, still getting past the sudden adrenaline.

Taehyung is also breathing heavily, his heart pounding as he looks up at the sky.

"I know how to swim you know." The younger boy mutters, dropping both hands to his sides, one accidentally laying on top of Jungkook's back.

"Oops." Taehyung says as he moves his hand away.

Jungkook tries to carefully flip himself so that he's also laying on his back next to Taehyung. After a few attempts and a very wobbly mattress, he succeeds.

Both boys lay next to each other, looking up at the dark sky, smelling the chlorine strongly.

"Looks like you found a spot for me to sleep." Jungkook jokes, worming his was a little closer to the younger for some warmth. Taehyung doesn't move away as their arms touch. He too moves in closer.

"We should get this out of the pool soon." Taehyung says, slowly trying to sit up without losing balance. However when he sits up, Jungkook pushes the boy back down.

"No, it's relaxing. Just...a little longer." Jungkook says, his cheeks turning a little red. 

So Taehyung stays laying down, only his and Jungkook's breaths to be heard. And of course his loud heart beat, which seems to get a lot louder as he feels Jungkook's hand skimming over his own.


"It's kind of cold." Taehyung says quietly, seeing his own breath from the crisp temperature.

"Yeah it is..." 

Taehyung doesn't focus on the lifeguards voice, but rather Jungkook's hand which is now slowly intertwining with his own. 

Jungkook gives Taehyung's hand a little squeeze for comfort and the boy no longer feels cold, but rather hot.

"Won't you be cold sleeping outside?" Taehyung asks the boy when he realizes Jungkook won't be sleeping in a tent.

"Hmm, maybe. But I'm tough." The older boy says, lazily flexing his other arm, causing a giggle from Taehyung.


After a while of laying on the mattress and floating comfortably in the water, both boys decided to get off. And neither manage to fall into the pool.

As Jungkook's placing his pillow and blanket on the mattress, Taehyung watches with thoughts running through his head. 

Should I sleep with Jimin? Or stay with Jungkook? 

He watches as Jungkook takes a seat on the half-deflated mattress with a sigh, pulling a blanket over his body. Then Taehyung darts his eyes over to Jimin's small tent, noticing a light on. He must still be awake.

Who should Taehyung choose?