Date

Dive in

"Mom?"

Jungkook feels his whole body tense as he looks in front of him, seeing his mother standing there. 

Taehyung is also surprised, his eyes widening as he see's the pretty lady, the one who created Jungkook. Her face shows a small smile, one that shows not a lot, but enough.

"Jungkookie... I... I saw you swim. You didn't tell me.." Jungkook's mother seems to have trouble speaking, her eyes tearing up as she watches her son in front of her. 

It's a strange sight for Jungkook, and he's not too sure what to do so he takes his time to approach her. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were like that? You never told me you could swim so well Jungkook!" She says, tears now falling out of her eyes. 

Jungkook isn't sure how to answer, he's too shocked to answer. So instead of saying anything, Jungkook just pulls his mother into a hug. 

In an instant, she hugs him back tightly, feeling a sense of sadness as she finally holds her son again. It's been ages and she's only come to realize now, just how much she's been hurting him. 

"I'm.. really sorry Jungkook. I don't know why I've been so focused on work, I went overboard." She says, breaking the hug to cup her sons cheeks.

"It's okay mom." Jungkook finally speaks, unable to feel mad when he sees his mothers worry. 

"I'll always try to be there for you Jungkook. Always." She promises, hugging him once more.

"You don't need to promise me that." Jungkook mumbles, knowing his mother can't possibly stay true to that promise.

"Jungkook, I'm your mother. And that's my real job." She says, smiling warmly. Jungkook smiles too.

"So, you saw my race?" Jungkook smirks, thinking back to the win and how amazing the race was. 

"Of course! I never knew my baby could be so... competitive!" She laughs, remembering how fast Jungkook was swimming and how aggressively he hit the wall.

Him and his mother catch up, talking about swimming and how work has been going. Jungkook's mother even apologizes a few more times, and Jungkook brushes it off, telling her it's okay.

"And who's that handsome boy over there?" She asks, watching Taehyung in back of Jungkook, who's kicking rocks.

"Oh, that's Taehyung." When Jungkook says his name, the younger looks up, startled.

"Come here." Jungkook says, causing the younger's nerves to build as he notices both have their eyes on him.

Jungkook motions Taehyung to stand next to him, tugging him closely as he gulps.

"Mom." Jungkook turns his attention back to his mom, who's quieted down as she looks at both boys.

She nods, waiting for him to continue.

Jungkook looks at Taehyung, seeing his eyes shine and his hands fidget. Jungkook grabs the boys hand quickly, fitting it with his own like a perfect puzzle piece. 

"This is the boy that I like." Jungkook says, squeezing Taehyung's hand for comfort. 

And Jungkook's mother looks shocked.

"Wh... honey you never told me you were gay?!" She says, only shock on her face, making it hard for both boys to tell what she's thinking.

However Jungkook can feel how sweaty Taehyung's hands are, how nervous he becomes for such a spontaneous confession. 

Jungkook leans closer to the boy, bumping their arms before looking back up to his shocked mom.

"Well... I am. Is that.. a problem?" Jungkook asks, biting his lip when waiting for a response. 

"What? Jungkook.. of course it's not! I'm extremely happy for you!" She says with a big smile, patting her son on the shoulder.

"Thanks mom." Jungkook let's out a sigh of relief, as does Taehyung.

"As long as this boy likes you back. That wouldn't be so fun if he was just here to reject you." She says, voice turning serious as she looks to Taehyung. His face grows serious too, gulping once again when he makes eye contact with Jungkook's stern mother.

"No ma'am! Of course not! I really... really like your son." Taehyung says nervously, his hand now squeezing Jungkook's.

She smiles.  "I'm glad."

"Me too." Jungkook says, getting an eye roll from the younger.

"Well then. A lot of surprises today!" She adds in, creating a few laughs.

"Well, Jungkook, I think I'll leave you two to be since I noticed you were leaving anyways. But I'll see you at home. Maybe tomorrow we an hangout?" She says, her hand placed on Jungkook's shoulder as she speaks.

"Of course. And thanks again Mom." Jungkook says. She pulls him into one more hug, turning to Taehyung and shaking his hand before she makes her way back to her car. 

Jungkook smiles.

"I'm so friggin proud of you." 

Taehyung's voice is warm right next to him, only causing Jungkook to smile even more. 

"Thank you Tae. Really." Jungkook says, watching his mothers car drive off before he turns to the boy.

"I couldn't have done this without you." He says, smiling as Taehyung looks down.

Jungkook reaches his hand out to the boys chin, lifting it up so they're looking at each other.

"I really... really like you too." The lifeguard says before leaning in and attaching their lips.

Taehyung closes his eyes, feeling Jungkook's warm lips on his own. His stomach is full of butterflies as he leans into the kiss, feeling Jungkook's hand caress his cheek.

Jungkook feels really good, kissing Taehyung. He smiles slightly as the boy snakes his arms around his waist, tugging him in a little closer.

They keep it in control, only kissing sincerely before backing away from each other with flushed faces.

"Let's go home. I'd like to discuss our...date." Jungkook says with a nod from the younger. Taehyung grabs the boys hand as they walk to the car. 

He loves the feeling of Jungkook's soft hand in his own. 

As does Jungkook.