Stay away

Dive in

"Jungkook can I talk to you?" Jin asks as he briskly walks past Jungkook into the empty staff room.

Jungkook nods and finishes measuring the acidity of the pool before following his Hyung.

Jin closes the door when Jungkook comes in and tells the younger to take a seat on the couch.

"What is it Hyung?" Jungkook asks, seeing hesitation on Jin's face.

"I need to talk to you about something. You have to be completely honest." He says sternly.

"..okay I will." Jungkook says, unsure what he's agreeing to.

"This isn't coming from anyone but myself, so we'll keep it between us two okay." 

Jungkook nods slowly.

"I've obviously noticed a small lingering relationship between you and one of your swimmers. I understand it could be a friendship, maybe you see him as a brother. Or perhaps... something else."

Jin starts and Jungkook's heart beat picks up pretty quickly, his face heating up. He doesn't know how to respond so he just beckons Jin to continue.

"Whatever it is, I'm all for it. It's great to create pool relationships. But Jungkook, let me tell you, you need to be careful." Jin says with warning in his tone.

Jungkook's eyes widen slightly.

"Why..?" He asks.

"Let me tell you. I was once in the same position as you. I had a blossoming relationship with one of my coaches. He fell soft for me after I confessed and I started to become a distraction. Hell I almost got him fired! And now, Namjoon is head of the pool because someone saved his , but it was a close call." Jin tells his story, baffling the younger lifeguard.

"Are..you two?" Jungkook finally puts two and two together.

"Namjoon and I are together and we have been for a while now. So what I'm trying to tell you is, your evaluation is soon. Until then, I don't want to see you getting distracted by Taehyung." Jin says, almost with a motherly tone.

"Okay. I understand." 

"But do you? When I say this I mean, don't lead him on. Don't say anything that you wouldn't say to a normal swimmer. Because the second you trigger it, you won't be able to stop your mind or heart anymore." Jin says, sounding as if he's had a lot of experience on the topic.

"I understand. Until my evaluation I won't let him distract me. I'll put my feelings, or whatever this is, aside." Jungkook says which receives a small smile from Jin.

"Now on less serious terms, what is your relationship? Do you like him like, like?" Jin suddenly hops closer to Jungkook on the couch with a wide grin. He definetly isn't the person he was a second ago.  

"Hyung I'm not even sure yet. But I get excited when he comes to practise and I love to ." Jungkook says, his head suddenly somewhere else as he thinks about Taehyung's cute boxy smile.

Jin just pats Jungkook on the back with a knowing smile before he gets up and begins to walk away.

"Hyung wait! What does it mean?" Jungkook asks, like a naive little kid.

"Ohh Kook, you have a lot to learn. I can't tell you anything." The wise Jin Hyung says before mysteriously leaving the room. 

Jungkook is whipped and not even the boy knows it.

~

As Jungkook is siting in chair duty for his later 7 o'clock shift, he thinks about Jin's words. 

Namjoon had mentioned to Jungkook that his evaluation would definitely be sometime this upcoming week. So if that's true, Jungkook would only have to "ignore" Tae for a few days.

He's kind of worried if maybe Jin's wrong, and this might all go to . What if Taehyung thinks Jungkook hates him? Or is weirded out by the night at the sleepover. However Taehyung does seem to distract Jungkook quite a bit during practise, especially when he's suppose to focus on everyone and not just one.

It's for the best.