The new lifeguard

Dive in


It's early, about 7am, when Jungkook arrives at the pool. He walks into the staff room and instantly sees a lot more people than yesterday. It's a little over whelming. 

"Uh... hi I'm Jungkook the new lifeguard." The onix haired boy says when he makes eye contact with a taller, attractive lifeguard.

He gets up, his light brown hair almost covering his eyes as he takes a step towards Jungkook.

"Nice to meet you I'm Jin." He says with a smile before tuning to face the rest of the lifeguards sitting on the couch. 

"This is Jimin." He says pointing to a younger looking lifeguard. His cheeks are chubby and he's pretty short. 

"Hi Jungkook, I'm 19, just if you're wondering!" Jimin says, clearly noticing the hesitation from the younger boy. Jungkook just laughs, shaking his head as if he wasn't totally thinking Jimin was 15. 

"I'm Lisa." An oranged haired girl approaches the two of them, waving to Jungkook with a smile. He bows his head and smiles too. 

"Actually, Lisa will be working with you Jungkook! She's helping coach the group." Jimin says, looking from the boy to the girl.

"Ohh so this is my partner! He's handsome." Lisa says, lightheartedly joking. (Don't y'all hate on Lisa okay NOTHING will happen I promise.)

Jungkook laughs again, smiling at the joyful crowd he seems to be working with. 

"And you've met Namjoon?" Jimin asks. 

"Yeah, I met him last night." 

"Great, well you'll probably see him quite often, he takes care of everything around here. After all he does own the pool." Jimin says and Jungkook nods.

"What's your job?" Jungkook asks the shorter boy.

"I coach the 8-10 year olds and my shifts are usually the early ones. Jin coaches the 11-12 year olds. We have another lifeguard, Mark, who coaches the 13-14 year olds. He's been here the longest, you'll probably see him pretty soon." Jimin says looking out the door while Jungkook just nods through all of it. 

"Ah Jungkook, before anything you need a bathing suit." Jin says, before walking down the hallway and disappearing into a room. 

Jungkook just waits a few seconds before the older boy comes back, blue and white swim trunks in hand.

"This is yours, it won't get you a great tan but we all have to wear them." Jin says as Jungkook takes the material in his hands.

The swim shorts are pretty short, reaching probably Jungkook's mid thighs. They seem tight, however if it's what he has to wear then he's fine with it.

"Thanks, I'll go change." Jungkook says, walking past the lifeguards and into the bathroom that Namjoon had showed him yesterday. 

~

After getting to know the lifeguards a little more and meeting Mark, Jungkook is finally comfortable and ready for practise. 

Which starts 5 minutes from now!

Jungkook is told not to wear a shirt because they wear their swimsuits to coach. 

So here Jungkook is, taking off his shirt to reveal is not-so tanned skin. The summer will work that up for him. He's still pretty confident in his buff upper body anyways. 

Jungkook grabs a clipboard from the table and heads out to the pool. 

His practise is in lane 6, the last lane in the pool. Jungkook puts his clipboard on the diving block and awaits for the swimmers to arrive. 


It's almost 9, when a bubbly 15 year old arrives, going by the name of Hoseok. He excitedly introduces himself to Jungkook, before jumping in the cold water with his goggles over his eyes. 

Next comes Jisoo, she's a little shy as she approaches the unfamiliar 18 year old. 

"Hello there, what's your name?" Jungkook asks as she stands at the block, staring down at the water. 

"I'm Jisoo, I'm 15 years old." She says looking up at Jungkook for a split second before looking back down at Hoseok, splashing in the water.

"I'm Jungkook, the new coach. You must know Lisa?" Jungkook asks the girl.

"Yeah she coached us last year with Jin." Jisoo says, fiddling with the goggles in her hands.

"Great well she'll be here soon to help out." Jungkook turns to look for the girl, who's not in sight yet. 

He notices the other lanes filling up with swimmers, seeing Jimin already with a full class. Jin's lane is also quite full. 

Where is everyone?

"Not a lot of people show up in our group because they don't think practise is necessary." Jungkook hears a deep voice behind him all of a sudden.

Did he say that out loud?

The boy behind Jungkook walks up to the block, standing next to Jisoo. He looks at Jungkook as Jungkook looks at him.

"I'm Kim Taehyung." The tanned boy says, reaching out a hand. Jungkook shakes his hand, still keeping eye contact as he tries to smile.

"I'm Jungkook, the new coach. How old are you?" Jungkook asks when their tight handshake is over.

"16 turning 17 in a month." Taehyung says. He's still fully clothed though which baffles Jungkook a little.

"Well, it's already 9:05 so we better get started." Jungkook says, standing up from the block he was sitting on. 

Jisoo puts on her goggles, but only stares at the water as if it'll bite her. 

Taehyung takes off his shirt and sheds his shorts, revealing a very tight, thigh high speedo. One in which his muscles are definitely defined. 

And his body is definitely a swimmers body. 

Taehyung dips his toe in the water before making a face. 

"It's cold." He says, looking at Jungkook and then Jisoo.

"Last one is has to do push ups!" Jungkook says, remembering Lisa telling him how she coached them last year.

Taehyung calmly jumps in the water, shivering a little when he comes back up. 

"Jisoo, I guess you're doing the push.." 

"Wait, Yoongi's here." Hoseok says suddenly, pointing behind Jungkook to boy walking over their way.

He has dark, blackish hair, covering his face as he walks over. His face is a little gloomy and he doesn't greet Jungkook as he walks over to the edge of the water. 

Jisoo quickly jumps in to the water, blocking her nose as she goes under.

"You must be Yoongi. I'm the new coach Jungkook." The 18 year old says, feeling dejected when the gloomy boy just nods.

"Well I had a rule that last one in does push ups. So Yoongi, you're up. 10 is fine." Jungkook says, causing a laugh from the approaching girl next to Jungkook.

"Very well, I see you've already gotten the hang of this!" Lisa says, smirking as she sees Yoongi, starting his push ups.

"So you've met some of the swimmers, what'd you think?" Lisa says, grabbing the clip board from the block and checking something off.

"This will be very interesting." Jungkook says, eyeing the four swimmers. However his eyes seem to land back on the brown haired boy, who's placing his goggles on his forehead and staring down the lane as if he's ready to sprint. 

Kim Taehyung huh

Seems interesting.