I believe in you

Dive in


Luckily for Jungkook and Lisa, Taehyung isn't late for this swim meet and he's not injured. He swims warm up with the rest of the group.

The weather isn't all that nice, it's cloudy with not much sun. The air is colder than a normal summer day and not great for a swim meet.  

Jisoo says the waters warm, so that's a little bit of a positive. 

Yoongi doesn't show up for warm up, worrying the coaches quite a bit and also Hoseok. 

Hoseok looks around for the boy when he's done in the water. His eyes can't spot him anywhere and Hoseok tries to think why. 

Last meet, Yoongi was jealous of Jungkook. He's been fine at practise ever since, but maybe he's thinking about it again? Hoseok is suppose to swim soon so he tries to forget about it for now.

Yoongi does end up showing up, a minute before his swim. 

Taehyung is already in his lane, handing the timer his card before getting his goggles on.

"Yoongi, your swim is up!" Hoseok yells at the boy who calmly walks to his lane, Hoseok freaking out behind him.

"It'll be fine. I'm here." He says, discarding his clothes and handing them to Hoseok, who's still in shock.

"Hurry up!!! And..g..good luck." Hoseok says all of a sudden, stumbling away from the boy who has to swim in no less than 30 seconds.

"Tch, thanks." Yoongi says a little too late. 

The announcer calls for the swimmers to take their marks, Yoongi only putting his goggles on now. 

Everyone waits in anticipation for the race, Lisa and Jungkook standing on the side of the pool with queen eyes. 

And the pow goes off really quickly. Too quickly. 

Yoongi doesn't even realize until a second later, when everyone's just landing in the water. 

"." He huffs, panicked as he dives in. It's messy and he has terrible form but it's too late.

Yoongi swims aggressively through the water, swearing in his head each he takes.

"What's up with Yoongi?" Lisa asks Jungkook, who wasn't focused on the grumpy boy. He looks to the boy and realizes that he's a little ways behind everyone else. Including Taehyung. 

"Oh ...he's pretty far." Jungkook says in realization as the fast boy now swims behind everyone. However he catches up quickly, already taking out two others.

Hoseok watches next to the lifeguards, worry pinned on his face. 

No one truly understands the boy. Maybe Hoseok doesn't understand him either, however he can see through Yoongi more than others. He wants to comfort him for some reason. Make him smile. 

"Gooo Yoongi!" Hoseok cheers loudly, watching the boy speed up even more.

By the second lap, Yoongi has now caught up to everyone except for Taehyung, who he's head to head with. 

"Go Taehyung!" Jungkook yells, intensely watching the race as the two boys are tied. 

The wall is approaching and it's hard to decipher who's where. Hoseok and Jackson yell for Yoongi, while Jungkook and Lisa yell for Taehyung. 

They touch the wall. The two boys look at each other. The crowd freezes in place. Both boys hurriedly push themselves out of the water and ask their timers what their time is.

"Kim Taehyung, 28.32 seconds."

"Min Yoongi, 28.32 seconds." 

Both boys look at each other and back to the timer. One with a smile and one with a frown.

"We..tied?" Both boys say unconsciously. 

The race finishes and Yoongi is quick to walk past everyone to the more secluded area where his bag is. 

Taehyung walks more slowly, appreciating glory in it's finest moments.

Jungkook and Lisa are quick to run to Taehyung's side, praising the boy right when they see him.

"Amazing job Taehyung!" Lisa shouts, giving a hi-five to the boy.

He smiles and looks at both of them. Jungkook looks proud, to say the least.

"I gotta go give cards to the other swimmers, good job once again Taehyung." Lisa says suddenly, walking off to find the group.

"Wow Taehyung. All I gotta say is wow." Jungkook says, swinging his arm around the boys shoulders and pulling him in a bit.

With that, Taehyung blushes, feeling slightly joyful as the boy pulls him in.

"Thanks! But I know he started a second later than everyone." Taehyung says, smile fading just a bit as he remembers how the race started.

"Taehyung, listen to me." Jungkook says all of a sudden. He lifts both hands to Taehyung's shoulder and turns him so they're facing each other.

"You can beat that boy. And I have no doubt about that. So don't doubt yourself." Jungkook says, making sharp eye contact with Taehyung as he speaks.

Taehyung gulps, getting lost into the lifeguards brown eyes as he speaks so sternly. Instead of choking out some words, Taehyung just nods slowly, wide eyes still focused on Jungkook.

"Good. Now time for me to get ready for ." Jungkook says, letting go of Taehyung's shoulders and walking away.